Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the Autocrat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    First off, Tea, Trump is lying, and lying is his schtick.
    So Trump is a lying liar who always lies. Except when he says something you think can be used to beat him over the head. Then he's totally telling the truth.

Right...
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      So Trump is a lying liar who always lies.
      Ya got that right.

Except when he says something you think can be used to beat him over the head. Then he's totally telling the truth.
      Anything specific in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        First off, Tea, Trump is lying, and lying is his schtick. The biggist critic and hater of this country is Trump himself. What's interesting is that Trumpsters, at least most of them, never seem to see the lies, they instead defend them. I won't say that they are or not, but it sure makes them look like a bunch of dummies.
        If that were true, then he's a lot more incompetent than even his worst detractors think. He's doing a decent job of fulfilling his promises and improving things (yeah, I know you think Obama deserves the credit - I don't). Perfect? Not hardly. But decent - which totally undermines any intention to destroy the country.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

No, not because you are all Russian spies, but because you are easily led, naive members of a party that has been taken over by a wannabe dictator. And btw, Trump just told you he doesn't approve of free speech in this country, not while he's president.
          I see our evil plan is progressing perfectly. Even when we admit it, you don't believe us.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I see our evil plan is progressing perfectly. Even when we admit it, you don't believe us.
            When you finally admit that you were naively duped by a wannabe dictator and crook, then I will believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              If that were true, then he's a lot more incompetent than even his worst detractors think. He's doing a decent job of fulfilling his promises and improving things (yeah, I know you think Obama deserves the credit - I don't). Perfect? Not hardly. But decent - which totally undermines any intention to destroy the country.
              So you think filling the swamp with corporate thieves and lobbyists, the swamp he was going to drain, is a good thing for the country. You think that unecessarily increasing the deficit by a trillion dollars is a good thing for the country? The economy is taking care of itself, the unemployment was at 10% when Obama took office, somewhere around 3 or 4% when he left. All Trump has done was to give huge tax cuts to the rich and right wing judges to the dupes. In the meanwhile, he's destroying democratic institutions such as the CIA, FBI, DOJ, Free Press, and appointing sycophants and corporate lobbyists in top administrative positions throughout the government.

Comment

So you think filling the swamp with corporate thieves and lobbyists, the swamp he was going to drain, is a good thing for the country. You think that unecessarily increasing the deficit by a trillion dollars is a good thing for the country? The economy is taking care of itself, the unemployment was at 10% when Obama took office, somewhere around 3 or 4% when he left. All Trump has done was to give huge tax cuts to the rich and right wing judges to the dupes. In the meanwhile, he's destroying democratic institutions such as the CIA, FBI, DOJ, Free Press, and appointing sycophants and corporate lobbyists in top administrative positions throughout the government.
                Her point is if he is as incompetent as liberals make him out to be, how is he accomplishing all this stuff? How can he become a dictator if he is as much a lying, incompetent fool as liberals make him out to be?

You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Her point is if he is as incompetent as liberals make him out to be, how is he accomplishing all this stuff? How can he become a dictator if he is as much a lying, incompetent fool as liberals make him out to be?

You can't have it both ways.
                  That's because she moved the goal posts so to speak. I didn't say anything about his competence. He's proving himself to be very competent as an undemocratic despot. We will see who wins out, democracy, or Trump.

Comment

That's because she moved the goal posts so to speak. I didn't say anything about his competence. He's proving himself to be very competent as an undemocratic despot. We will see who wins out, democracy, or Trump.
                    So you think he is very competent?

Comment

1) Hyperbole - I get that you don't like his choices but I don't see evidence for the accusation here. I will grant that his swamp draining efforts have not been fruitful so far. They never are - it requires Congress, not the President - but no one seems to realize that.

2) Considering the huge increases in the deficit under Obama, this one is a stretch. Personally, I'd rather we stopped the deficit spending game all together - but again, that ball is in the Congressional court - and I do grant Trump could do more here.

3) Baloney. Yes, the unemployment fell from its ridiculous height but that's not the only metric. The economy was stagnant, staying in a recession most of Obama's time in office. You can only blame so much of that on Bush - most of it was from Obama's deliberately crippling of industries he didn't like.

Unemployment is now at record lows three years in - that's not Obama's work, it's Trump's.

4) Yeah, the middle class actually got tax cuts.

I don't care if you do think I'm a 'dupe' - conservative judges are EXACTLY what I want to see in office and many more of them. One heck of a lot of legal garbage hangs on stupid activist decisions that need to be overturned. Roe, the '64 CRA and dozens like them need to be overturned and only a constructionist Court will do that. I voted for Trump in 2016 because he wasn't Clinton. In 2020, I'll vote for him because he's been appointing conservative judges.

5) The CIA, FBI and DOJ are democratic institutions?!?! They are all administrative institutions. Heck, two of them didn't even exist until the mid Twentieth Century! The DOJ was formed in 1870! And no, Trump isn't 'destroying them'.

The 'free press' I assume you mean the mainstream media that treats with contempt anything that isn't liberal dogma. Yeah, no - they are doing a great job destroying themselves. As Lincoln observed, "you can't fool all of the people all of the time".

Appointments are not usually formally merit based - and Trump's appointments are no different than Obama's, other than he isn't as attentive to race.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Er, Sparky is wrong about what I meant - and I didn't move the goalpost. My point was that for your accusations to be true, Trump would necessarily have to be far more incompetent than even his detractors believe.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

When you finally admit that you were naively duped by a wannabe dictator and crook, then I will believe you.
                          Considering what you have said in this thread about President Trump and that you don't believe President Trump believes in free speech, then I guess we can expect that President Trump will ban you from posting on TWEB.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                            Considering what you have said in this thread about President Trump and that you don't believe President Trump believes in free speech, then I guess we can expect that President Trump will ban you from posting on TWEB.
                            And then while he is at tweb, he leaves a message for all of us: "Two Corinthians, 3:17 that's the whole ball game..."
                            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              And then while he is at tweb, he leaves a message for all of us: "Two Corinthians, 3:17 that's the whole ball game..."
                              2 Corinthians 3:17 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                                2 Corinthians 3:17 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
                                Charles is bringing up an instance where Trump said, "Two Corinthians" instead of "Second Corinthians" which is more normative in English. This obviously means that Trump is just pretending to be a Christian, and can't even fake Christianese correctly.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment