Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Prime Minister Boris Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Does FF know that she is gay?
    Are we sure Rachel is a she? Rachel might be a he, in which case he would be straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      She's a lesbian - I very seldom see her gay. She's usually moping quite a bit, and often on the verge of tears.
      I admire her professionalism. She is prone to a fraction more excitability than I think is becoming in a journalist of her stature but she is reliably on the side of the angels. With joy in my heart, I commend her and all her works to you without reservation.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        I admire her professionalism. She is prone to a fraction more excitability than I think is becoming in a journalist of her stature but she is reliably on the side of the angels. With joy in my heart, I commend her and all her works to you without reservation.
        She's a nice looking lady who appears, at times, to be on crack. "Prone to a fraction more excitability" is like saying Trump is "prone to stray from the truth just a smidge on occasion".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He'll get us out of the EU but he can be quite reckless at times. I can envision him going to Brussels telling the negotiators we are leaving while giving them obscene finger gestures and then walk out. Trump is a negotiator, he may have a big mouth on him but he knows how to negotiate. I don't see this trait in Boris, even if he is entertaining at times.
          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
            He'll get us out of the EU but he can be quite reckless at times. I can envision him going to Brussels telling the negotiators we are leaving while giving them obscene finger gestures and then walk out. Trump is a negotiator, he may have a big mouth on him but he knows how to negotiate. I don't see this trait in Boris, even if he is entertaining at times.
            Interesting. Thanks.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What does this mean for Brexit, for the UK, and for the world?
              “Our mission is to deliver Brexit on the 31st of October for the purpose of uniting and re-energizing our great United Kingdom and making this country the greatest place on earth,” Johnson told parliament in his first speech as prime minister.

He said he was not being hyperbolic as the United Kingdom could be most prosperous economy in Europe by 2050, a feat that would mean drawing far ahead of France and then overtaking Germany."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1UK0OG

What have we got:

a) Make Britain Great Again - I'm sure someone's rushing the MBGA hat out right now.

b) Johnson's very confused about world geography - which might explain why he was so abysmally incompetent as Foreign Secretary, he seems to think the Earth is in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hayward View Post
                “Our mission is to deliver Brexit on the 31st of October for the purpose of uniting and re-energizing our great United Kingdom and making this country the greatest place on earth,” Johnson told parliament in his first speech as prime minister.

He said he was not being hyperbolic as the United Kingdom could be most prosperous economy in Europe by 2050, a feat that would mean drawing far ahead of France and then overtaking Germany."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1UK0OG

What have we got:

a) Make Britain Great Again - I'm sure someone's rushing the MBGA hat out right now.

b) Johnson's very confused about world geography - which might explain why he was so abysmally incompetent as Foreign Secretary, he seems to think the Earth is in Europe.
                Giving him the Trump treatment, I see.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  I always thought Boris was a nut job - something that happened when he was mayor of London (I forget exactly). But the Brits probably think Trump is a nut job. So we are even...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    It's a rare politician who cannot be jeered at.

(I steer clear of Donald Trump, he's not my leader to jeer at, you'll have to do your own should you choose to.)

Comment

Originally posted by David Hayward View Post
                      It's a rare politician who cannot be jeered at.

(I steer clear of Donald Trump, he's not my leader to jeer at, you'll have to do your own should you choose to.)
                      Well, yes, but I prefer the jeering to at least be on point; yours requires that "greatest place on earth" be synonymous with "most prosperous economy on earth".

Like you re Trump, I have no dog in this fight.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                        As though we hadn't embarrassed ourselves enough over the last 3 years. Thanks Tory Members for this.
                        But not them alone.

Comment

So, expound a bit, please.
                          UK now unProgressive. You understand, is shameful. Embarrassing. Cannot hold heads up with foreign libs!
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment