Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Straight Pride Parade Permit Submitted To City Of Modesto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight Pride Parade Permit Submitted To City Of Modesto

MODESTO (CBS13) — The city of Modesto is considering awarding a permit for a straight pride march in a local park and residents have mixed reviews on the idea.

A flyer circulating on social media posted by the National Straight Pride Coalition says Stanislaus County will host the event August 24th in Modesto’s Graceada Park. The city is reviewing the application and said phones are ringing off the hook.

“We’ve been getting letters, emails, comments, and phone calls all day about it,” said Kristi Ah You, council member for District 3.

Ah You said if it was up to her, this permit wouldn’t be considered because the message behind the event constitutes hate speech and sets us back 25 years.

“I don’t think we need to give a permit for anything that when you go to the page it talks about whiteness, it talks about western civilization, it talks about being Caucasian. That’s all hate crime stuff to me, that’s not okay,” said Ah You.

The man behind the event is Don Grundmann of the National Straight Pride Coalition. He says the parade is his group’s cultural answer to their opponents. When asked what that means Grundmann responded, “anyone that supports the LGBTQ lifestyle.”

“Essentially it boils down to two religious views of the world,” Grundmann said. “One is Christianity, which is represented by heterosexuality, a culture of life, and its opponent is the LGBT movement, which is represented by an opposing religion and an opposing view of life.”

The flyer with a pink border says, “Join us to celebrate heterosexuality, masculinity, feminity, babies – born and unborn – western civilization, our wonderful country, Christianity — Celebrate Life!”...

As to the claim that the website talks about "whiteness" - that appears to be true, and is, for me, quite problematic.
    Western Civilization (“the West is the Best”) – the Christian religion based social, cultural, and national cornerstone upon which the mass majority of all progress of humanity; i.e.; the modern world; has been built;

Whiteness/Caucasian – the mass majority biological racial component of the developers of western civilization;

Christianity – the religious foundation of the formation, development, and advancement of Western Civilization;

Nationalism – the patriotic love of their nation and its interests, principles, and future that motivated the formulators of and in the development of Western Civilization.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Whiteness/Caucasian – the mass majority biological racial component of the developers of western civilization;
    First this is true, second, Black or Latino pride seems to be perfectly acceptable. Third, I think this is just push back to all the derogatory things being said about whites lately.

I wonder if they will march half naked with sex toys.
    Last edited by seer; 07-23-2019, 06:29 PM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Well I think groups and sites that push "black pride" like the Black Lives Matter, and the Black Panthers are racist, so I think sites and groups like this that push "White Pride" are just as racist. Which that site clearly appears to be.

Comment

When I first heard of the Straight Pride parade in Boston a few weeks ago, I thought it was simply a funny response to gay pride parades. I didn't think it was serious or anything. Just a few trolls doing it for laughs. I thought the media was over blowing the whole affair. If I recall, initially someone made the point that the parade was even open to all sexual orientations, so it sounded like the whole affair was lighthearted goofiness.

When I saw later reports that it was being done by white supremacists I was like, "oh brother." That this one is also connected to a white supremacist, and is also connecting Christianity with white pride, and nationalism is truly pathetic. All it's going to do is further fuel people's beliefs that Christianity leads to that sort of nonsense, especially since the news loves sensational garbage like this and rarely reports on Christians uniting past racial barriers.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          When I first heard of the Straight Pride parade in Boston a few weeks ago, I thought it was simply a funny response to gay pride parades. I didn't think it was serious or anything. Just a few trolls doing it for laughs. I thought the media was over blowing the whole affair. If I recall, initially someone made the point that the parade was even open to all sexual orientations, so it sounded like the whole affair was lighthearted goofiness.

When I saw later reports that it was being done by white supremacists I was like, "oh brother." That this one is also connected to a white supremacist, and is also connecting Christianity with white pride, and nationalism is truly pathetic. All it's going to do is further fuel people's beliefs that Christianity leads to that sort of nonsense, especially since the news loves sensational garbage like this and rarely reports on Christians uniting past racial barriers.
          “All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. - ONE Corinthians 10:23
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah that's my thought too, "we don't need that kind of help"

Heck it could even be some liberal group doing it to make conservatives look bad. I notice the website was only created a month ago looking at the whois (the registrar's info is hidden)

Comment

...and rarely reports on Christians uniting past racial barriers.
              Careful, that's an invitation for Tassman to crank up his "Southern Baptists are racists" screed!

Comment

You gotta wonder if its Satan's plan to get Christianity associated with White Nationalism and "Racial Realism" (aka Racism)
                Last edited by Leonhard; 07-24-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  You gotta wonder if its Satan's plan to get Christianity associated with White Nationalism and "Racial Realism" (aka Racism)
                  If it's not his plan, I'm sure he's backing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    It seems to be the Democrat party's plan anyway. Every chance they get they seem to make the accusation that Christian values are racist or bigoted. And all conservatives are Nazis and White supremacists.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      It seems to be the Democrat party's plan anyway. Every chance they get they seem to make the accusation that Christian values are racist or bigoted. And all conservatives are Nazis and White supremacists.
                      A diversion from their own culture of death and open borders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Heck it could even be some liberal group doing it to make conservatives look bad. I notice the website was only created a month ago looking at the whois (the registrar's info is hidden)
                        Not unless he's playing the long con. Don J. Grundmann, the guy doing this in Modesto has been a member of the right/far-right Constitution Party and American Independent Party since at least 2006: http://www.joincalifornia.com/candidate/3494

And Ryan Sahady one of the guys organizing the Boston parade has affiliated himself with the Proud Boys.

Comment

Not unless he's playing the long con. Don J. Grundmann, the guy doing this in Modesto has been a member of the right/far-right Constitution Party and American Independent Party since at least 2006: http://www.joincalifornia.com/candidate/3494

And Ryan Sahady one of the guys organizing the Boston parade has affiliated himself with the Proud Boys.

Comment

Even if there weren't any shady political connections, I think that Christians who get on board with things like "straight pride" are just giving credence to the idea that sexual orientation is something to take pride in, and that's not a game they should want to play. "They do it too" is not a reason to do anything.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Even if there weren't any shady political connections, I think that Christians who get on board with things like "straight pride" are just giving credence to the idea that sexual orientation is something to take pride in, and that's not a game they should want to play. "They do it too" is not a reason to do anything.
                              Yeah, I've made the point numerous times that my sexual orientation is not what defines me, which is why I think it's dumb to be "proud of" a sexual orientation.

Comment