Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller's testimony: even many of those on the left say it was a train wreck for them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Big deal. Cherry pick quotes much? They also knew and said that Mueller was going to keep it close to the vest, there are no bombshells gonna fall. He did exactly as was expected.
    Wait, weren't YOU the one that insisted I watch the testimony because everything would be revealed? Six hours of people reading parts of the report into the record and Mueller refusing to answer even basic questions and stumbling on most of the ones he did answer. To hear you tell it before the hearings, Mueller was gonna fly in like Superman and take Trump down once and for all. His performance was anything BUT 'as expected' - surely Schiff isn't THAT stupid!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      It's not a story, it's a fact, it's the report that matters, it's the evidence that matters. Someday you may figure that out!
      The report is thus far garbage - 441 pages of not finding ANYTHING to INDICT!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Wait, weren't YOU the one that insisted I watch the testimony because everything would be revealed? Six hours of people reading parts of the report into the record and Mueller refusing to answer even basic questions and stumbling on most of the ones he did answer. To hear you tell it before the hearings, Mueller was gonna fly in like Superman and take Trump down once and for all. His performance was anything BUT 'as expected' - surely Schiff isn't THAT stupid!
        Mueller’s performance might have been low key but the substance of his hearing was damning for Trump. Mueller confirmed that Russia attacked the US democracy and that Russia is interfering “even now as we sit here”. He confirmed that the Trump campaign sought its help, had many contacts with Russians, lied about it and obstructed the investigation into it. And several senior Trump associates were convicted of crimes. Mueller also confirmed that “Trump could be indicted of a crime, including obstruction of justice, after leaving office”, if not impeached beforehand.

Not a bad day’s work.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Little jimmy acted the same way prior to release of the Mueller Report. He repeatedly insisted that it would demonstrate once and for all how Trump was in bed with Putin and his TDS extremus forces him to persist with his claim that it still does in spite of the fact that it does the polar opposite.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Mueller’s performance might have been low key but the substance of his hearing was damning for Trump. Mueller confirmed that Russia attacked the US democracy and that Russia is interfering “even now as we sit here”. He confirmed that the Trump campaign sought its help, had many contacts with Russians, lied about it and obstructed the investigation into it. And several senior Trump associates were convicted of crimes. Mueller also confirmed that “Trump could be indicted of a crime, including obstruction of justice, after leaving office”, if not impeached beforehand.

Not a bad day’s work.
            The Russians have been trying to interfere with our elections since way back in the early days of the Cold War. More to the point, the report obliterated the claim that Trump colluded with the Russians going over every instance where the left still fantasizes that it took place and dismantles it. As for obstruction it also makes it clear that while there was grounds to investigate that there was not enough to indict and the hearings dismantled the whole pipe dream that the only reason he didn't indict was because he is a sitting president.

Y'all just need to learn to finally pull up your big boy pants, stop whining and...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              The Russians have been trying to interfere with our elections since way back in the early days of the Cold War.
              Indeed. But more determinedly during the Clinton/Trump election. Putin's antipathy to Hillary was well known

More to the point, the report obliterated the claim that Trump colluded with the Russians going over every instance where the left still fantasizes that it took place and dismantles it.
              In the biased mind of Trump disciples perhaps, not in actuality. Mueller confirmed that the Trump campaign sought Russia’s help, had many contacts with Russians, lied about it and obstructed the investigation into it. Not to mention that several senior Trump associates were convicted of crimes related to Russian interference.

As for obstruction it also makes it clear that while there was grounds to investigate that there was not enough to indict and the hearings dismantled the whole pipe dream that the only reason he didn't indict was because he is a sitting president.
              No. Mueller said. "We did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime”. But confirmed that “Trump could be indicted of a crime, including obstruction of justice, after leaving office”.

Y'all just need to learn ...
              Actually, I suggest that "y'all just need to learn" that many unanswered questions remain and that it ain't over til the fat lady sings.
              Last edited by Tassman; 07-27-2019, 04:36 AM.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Mueller’s performance might have been low key but the substance of his hearing was damning for Trump.
                Sure was, when Mueller leapt up from his seat and punched Trump in the face it really startled him. However Trump won't stop there.

Mueller confirmed that Russia attacked the US democracy and that Russia is interfering “even now as we sit here”.
                The Russians??????? Oh no, not the Russians. I knew the Nazi's were spying on us but I didn't realize that those commie Russians were in on it as well.

He confirmed that the Trump campaign sought its help, had many contacts with Russians, lied about it and obstructed the investigation into it.
                Don't forget the Nazi's, we can't forget the contact that Trump had with the Nazi's too in exchange for all the dirty dossiers about Clinton that Trump paid for. He also confirmed that McDonald's paid for it all to happen. He bought the dirty dossiers with money he got from McDonalds. It's all absolutely sickening. I'll be making sure to protest outside McDonalds with my pink feminist hat later on this week to show my outrage.

And several senior Trump associates were convicted of crimes.
                I mean sure, but Adolf Hitler only got 5 years in prison and Himmler is only going to get community service. I don't think it's good enough. We may have to unreasonably fly off the handle and firebomb the nearest IKEA to get our message across.

Mueller also confirmed that “Trump could be indicted of a crime, including obstruction of justice, after leaving office”, if not impeached beforehand.
                Sure, but once again it's only for a shoplifting charge. He'll be out in no time to make sure he is terrorizing Mexico with the laser destroyer on his Death Star. Mueller's Anti-Trump League (ATL) really dropped the ball with this report and this is why everyone is so upset. It's just not good enough to win the war.

Not a bad day’s work.
                I wish that were true my Trump derangement syndrome brother but I feel we are too late to stop him and his galactic empire of evil assassin's.
                “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Indeed. But more determinedly during the Clinton/Trump election. Putin's antipathy to Hillary was well known

In the biased mind of Trump disciples perhaps, not in actuality. Mueller confirmed that the Trump campaign sought Russia’s help, had many contacts with Russians, lied about it and obstructed the investigation into it. Not to mention that several senior Trump associates were convicted of crimes related to Russian interference.

No. Mueller said. "We did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime”. But confirmed that “Trump could be indicted of a crime, including obstruction of justice, after leaving office”.

Actually, I suggest that "y'all just need to learn" that many unanswered questions remain and that it ain't over til the fat lady sings.
                  Like little jimmy you never troubled yourself to actually read the Mueller Report did you?

Comment

Mueller’s performance might have been low key ...
                    That's like saying Trump might have tweeted something a little nutty.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Little jimmy acted the same way prior to release of the Mueller Report. He repeatedly insisted that it would demonstrate once and for all how Trump was in bed with Putin and his TDS extremus forces him to persist with his claim that it still does in spite of the fact that it does the polar opposite.
                      Now you have Tassman boasting about Mueller's lackluster performance being a good day's work... These guys are GUZZLING the koolaid!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                        Mueller also confirmed that “Trump could be indicted of a crime, including obstruction of justice, after leaving office”, if not impeached beforehand.
                        Of course he could be, at least in theory, but the fact is, he won't be. You see, Mueller left nothing in the report to trigger an indictment after Trump leaves office. Oops.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post

The Russians??????? Oh no, not the Russians.
                          Your sarcasm is misplaced.

The Mueller Report found that the Russian government "interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion" and "violated U.S. criminal law". Mueller made abundantly clear that Trump was not exonerated and warned of continuing election interference by Russia leading up to the 2020 elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Of course he could be, at least in theory, but the fact is, he won't be. You see, Mueller left nothing in the report to trigger an indictment after Trump leaves office.
                            Well he did, actually. Mueller said he had not exonerated Mr Trump of 'obstruction of justice'. Obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, is a crime.

Comment

You're clueless.

Comment

To clarify, "exoneration" is not a power granted to prosecutors in the US legal system. In fact, during the hearing, Mueller was taken to task on this point and asked to point out in the law book of his choice where it discussed the legal standard for exoneration. Mueller couldn't answer!

Comment