Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller's testimony: even many of those on the left say it was a train wreck for them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Fusion GPS is in the Mueller report, some of the accussations therein were confirmed, some debunked, such as M. Cohen being in Moscow at the time the dossier placed him there. But Mueller was being evasive about Fusion and many other things because they are still under investigation. Mueller obviously knew what Fusion GPS was, and it was within the purview of his investigation, but it wasn't within his purview to speak about. Yeah, he was clumsy in his effort to be both neutral and to not speak about what he was forbid to speak about, and his mind is most likely not as agile as it once was, but he did what he said he would do, the report was his testimony, and he tried to stay true to that without giving his own true opinion, i.e. that Trump is an unpatriotic, dictatorial, corrupt, theiving, underminer of democracy, treasonous, president who the Russians were successful in putting into office.
    Mueller has never stated his opinion publicly - so how do YOU know what he's actually thinking?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Mueller obviously knew what Fusion GPS was...
      Then why did he go on record to say he didn't what Fusion GPS was?
      Rep. Steve Cabot: "When you talk about the firm that produced the Steele reporting, the name of the firm that produced that was Fusion GPS. Is that correct?"

Robert "Dirty Cop" Mueller: "I’m not familiar with that."

Are you suggesting that he committed perjury?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Then why did he go on record to say he didn't what Fusion GPS was?
        Rep. Steve Cabot: "When you talk about the firm that produced the Steele reporting, the name of the firm that produced that was Fusion GPS. Is that correct?"

Robert "Dirty Cop" Mueller: "I’m not familiar with that."

Are you suggesting that he committed perjury?
        And, all joking aside, I think Mueller was being honest --- I think his mental capacity at this point is such that it's entirely possible he didn't have a clue what Fusion GPS is/was.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Even worse, Mueller claims that determining the veracity of the infamous Steele Dossier, which is referenced numerous times in the report that bears his name, was "not in my purview". So he's suggesting that verifying claims made in a controversial document that was at the foundation of his entire investigation was not part of his job description. That's utterly baffling.

Comment

Even worse, Mueller claims that determining the veracity of the infamous Steele Dossier, which is referenced numerous times in the report that bears his name, was "not in my purview".
            THAT, to me, was stunning! It's like, OK, how many 'solid cases' are thrown out in court because the SOURCE of the material was improperly obtained, or unreliable, or....
            The classic "fruit from the poison tree".

So he's suggesting that verifying claims made in a controversial document that was at the foundation of his entire investigation was not part of his job description. That's utterly baffling.
            I'm surprised the Republicans are not making that point!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• democrats_hopes_sink.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Mueller has never stated his opinion publicly - so how do YOU know what he's actually thinking?
                ...because anyone with an ounce of sense obviously agrees with JimL. Duh.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Even worse, Mueller claims that determining the veracity of the infamous Steele Dossier, which is referenced numerous times in the report that bears his name, was "not in my purview". So he's suggesting that verifying claims made in a controversial document that was at the foundation of his entire investigation was not part of his job description. That's utterly baffling.
                  Baffling to you maybe; only ‘cos you’re a Russian Troll Farm.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                    Baffling to you maybe; only ‘cos you’re a Russian Troll Farm.
                    Let me check with my handlers, and I'll get back to you on that.

Comment

Da!

Comment

Have you had a look at the Intelligence Committee Report on Russian interference?
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Have you had a look at the Intelligence Committee Report on Russian interference?
                          Have you looked at Mueller's answer to this question? THAT, sir, was the hook on which the Democrats hung their poopy britches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Have you looked at Mueller's answer to this question? THAT, sir, was the hook on which the Democrats hung their poopy britches.
                            I’m beginning to suspect that you’ve been sniffing glue again.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              I’m beginning to suspect that you’ve been sniffing glue again.
                              Never tried that. Never did drugs, smoked marijuana (or anything else), popped any pills not specifically prescribed..... I'm just like this naturally!

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                                You mean the one based on Cloudstrike's analysis (under the employ of the Democrat National Committee) and who gave only a redacted version of their report to our intelligence agencies? Aren't you at all bothered by that, or by the fact that the DNC adamantly refused to allow any law enforcement officials near their servers?

Comment