Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller's testimony: even many of those on the left say it was a train wreck for them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

How could there be ‘obstruction’ when the crime being investigated never occurred?
    Because, had there not been so much obstruction, the underlying crimes may have been found. That's why obstruction happens Lilpix. Besides that, there are underlying crimes that run throughout his campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Because, had there not been so much obstruction, the underlying crimes may have been found. That's why obstruction happens Lilpix. Besides that, there are underlying crimes that run throughout his campaign.
      Actual testimony:

Rep. Doug Collins (R-GA), the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee: "was your investigation curtailed or stopped or hindered?”
      Robert Mueller: "No"
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I see, so the lack of evidence is proof that a crime occurred, we just need to keep digging till we prove a crime occurred. That’s a lovely guilty till proven innocent logic you have there, it’s a shame that in reality land, you need evidence to prove a crime occurred. The 16th century wants its justice system back Jimmy.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Actual testimony:

Rep. Doug Collins (R-GA), the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee: "was your investigation curtailed or stopped or hindered?”
          Robert Mueller: "No"
          That destroys the conspiracy, Jimmy doesn’t need any stinking evidence. He knows Trump is guilty, he just needs to keep looking till he finds some. Just like any good conspiracy theorist.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Keep lying to yourself, Bill.
            It's not a lie, and you know it. You are desperately trying to hang on to your last ditch effort to get rid of Trump, and it has failed miserably. That you are too ignorant to accept it isn't my problem. Your delusions do not define reality or truth.

It only goes to show that, like the rest of the Trumpsters, you don't care.
            Blah, blah, blah.... your broken record routine is pathetic.

It is true that a trial must always ensue, in this case an impeachment, or a determination of guilt made by Congress, and that will happen in my opinion.
            And you are the epitome of unbiased, right? This crap fest is DOA, and the final nail in the coffin was driven in it when Bob finished testifying.

But anyone without a biased mind can see by the evidence presented in the report that the President is guilty of multiple counts of obstruction.
            He didn't obstruct anything. Bob said that quite plainly.

Besides that, Trump has a whole lot more criminal activity on his part to worry about than just what's in the report.
            You are blatant proof that drugs are bad.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It's a big nothing burger only to those biased minds suffering from cognitive dissonance.
              Whatever you say, Bernie. Just say it louder, ok?
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I see, so the lack of evidence is proof that a crime occurred, we just need to keep digging till we prove a crime occurred. That’s a lovely guilty till proven innocent logic you have there, it’s a shame that in reality land, you need evidence to prove a crime occurred. The 16th century wants its justice system back Jimmy.
                Who was that nutty liberal who made the statement about not needing evidence, because of the seriousness of the charge?

Thomas S. Foley, the House Speaker, and George J. Mitchell, the Senate Democratic leader, said they had designated the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to supervise separate but coordinated inquiries.

"These allegations are both persist ent and disturbing," the two leaders said in a joint statement. "We have no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, but the seriousness of the allegations, and the weight of circumstantial information, compel an effort to establish the facts."
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Whatever you say, Bernie. Just say it louder, ok?
                  And wave the arms!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1156376797124030464

"Throw your hands up," Hickenlooper said, raising his.

"All right," replied Sanders, doing just that.

"Oh ho, I can do it," Hickenlooper responded, once again raising his arms as the crowd in the Fox Theater roared.

Comment

Who was that nutty liberal who made the statement about not needing evidence, because of the seriousness of the charge?

Thomas S. Foley, the House Speaker, and George J. Mitchell, the Senate Democratic leader, said they had designated the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to supervise separate but coordinated inquiries.

"These allegations are both persist ent and disturbing," the two leaders said in a joint statement. "We have no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, but the seriousness of the allegations, and the weight of circumstantial information, compel an effort to establish the facts."
                    If that how it works, they were both Russian spies that work for the KGB. It’s a pretty serious charge, so it’s true.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And they would if it weren't for Moscow Mitch and the rest of the cowardly unamerican Republicans in the Senate who put party and power over democracy and their country. But I agree, they should, and guess what CP, they are, they're in the midst of an impeachment inquery, even if they're not calling it that.
                      It is a source of endless perplexity and not just a wee bit of humor to listen to liberals having to fabricate scenarios and concoct personas in order for them to sustain their fever-pitched outrage as their earlier delusions (what set them off in the first place) are undeniably crashing and burning before their very eyes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        It is a source of endless perplexity and not just a wee bit of humor to listen to liberals having to fabricate scenarios and concoct personas in order for them to sustain their fever-pitched outrage as their earlier delusions (what set them off in the first place) are undeniably crashing and burning before their very eyes.
                        Wow.... I'm still marveling at the jargon! After lunch, I'll try to read what you said.

Comment

How could there be ‘obstruction’ when the crime being investigated never occurred? I see you’re still functioning on the assumption some sort of ‘treason’ occurred, despite the total and complete lack of evidence that anything illegal ever happened. Apparently, I don’t have the blind faith to be a democrat.
                          In theory, an obstruction charge can be successfully prosecuted where there is no underlying crime; it's just incredibly difficult to make the case that an innocent man acted with corrupt intent.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            In theory, an obstruction charge can be successfully prosecuted where there is no underlying crime; it's just incredibly difficult to make the case that an innocent man acted with corrupt intent.
                            Even in extreme cases like somebody escapes from jail after being wrongly detained, the courts have looked at the fact that "he shouldn't have been in jail in the first place, so how can we charge him with escape"?

But, they can, in fact, charge him with escape!

Comment

Even in extreme cases like somebody escapes from jail after being wrongly detained, the courts have looked at the fact that "he shouldn't have been in jail in the first place, so how can we charge him with escape"?

But, they can, in fact, charge him with escape!
                              That's because escape isn't the legal remedy to unjust incarceration. The remedy is to prove innocence and then sue the heck out of the jurisdiction for false arrest et cetera.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

How could there be ‘obstruction’ when the crime being investigated never occurred? I see you’re still functioning on the assumption some sort of ‘treason’ occurred, despite the total and complete lack of evidence that anything illegal ever happened. Apparently, I don’t have the blind faith to be a democrat.
                                To be fair, some legal experts -- Turley, for one -- have opined that the case for obstruction is weak, almost laughably so, but also believe that it IS possible to commit obstruction even in the absence of an underlying crime.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment