Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller's testimony: even many of those on the left say it was a train wreck for them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You're right, the only time Democrats care about the law is when they can falsely accuse a Republican of breaking it.
    So, they're (John Geremede? in particular) actually admitting that this may as well be called "an impeachment inquiry" -- that "we have a constitutional responsibility...." and they're going full bore into trying to oust Trump.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      So, they're (John Geremede? in particular) actually admitting that this may as well be called "an impeachment inquiry" -- that "we have a constitutional responsibility...." and they're going full bore into trying to oust Trump.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yet we still have people here on Tweb who seem to think Mueller was sharp and focused and credible and....

I believe he was "back in the day".
        Found this montage put together by Rush Limbaugh of reactions to Mueller the day his appointment was announced:

PHIL MUDD: If you have a kid and you’ve despaired that there’s not a hero in America, Robert Mueller’s it.

BARNEY FRANK: Bob Mueller was a wonderful appointment.

GLORIA BORGER: Mueller is an impeccable choice.

JEFFREY TOOBIN: There is literally no more respected person in American law enforcement than Bob Mueller.

SCOTT PELLEY: (noise) Mueller is a well-respected former FBI director.

DAN ABRAMS: …well respected, well regarded…

BOB BECKEL: The guy’s got an enormous amount of strength among Democrats.

LEONARD LANCE: (noise) Mr. Mueller will be thorough in his investigation.

JOHN GARAMENDI: (noise) Mueller is highly competent, highly capable.

MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT: Bob Mueller is a man that’s respected by both parties.

MIKE BARNICLE: Bob Mueller is the definition of honesty, integrity, character, discipline.

JASON CHAFFETZ: He has impeccable credentials.

STEPHEN HADLEY: He’s a by-the-book-kind of guy. Very reassuring to the public.

NICOLLE WALLACE: Bob Mueller is a national treasure!

TIM NAFTALI: Mueller understands the law.

MOHAMAD ELLEITHEE: Mueller is the right choice ’cause he will take it where it leads him.

PAUL BEGALA: Mr. Mueller (snickers) is a credible law enforcement official. He [Trump] may be perfectly, pristinely innocent, and I will accept that if that’s what we find.

And do you remember all of the "Mueller Time" memes and images of him as a hero

The last one, ironically comes from The Atlantic in an article complaining about the fact that "Americans Can't Stop Mythologizing Robert Mueller"

Anywho... As everyone knows after Mueller Time...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I wonder how many people bought "Mueller Time" t-shirts and now have buyer's remorse.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

To me, the Fusion GPS is one of the most astounding revelations of the testimony...

Mueller’s Ignorance Of Fusion GPS Proves His Investigation Was A Sham

Robert Mueller’s testimony before the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees provided yet further proof that the entire special counsel investigation was a political witch hunt. While Democrats succeeded in eliciting affirmative responses from Mueller to their dramatic reading of the special counsel report at Wednesday’s prosecution of President Trump in absentia, it was Mueller’s ignorance when queried about Fusion GPS that exposed both the proceedings and the special counsel probe as a sham.

In what he surely saw as an introductory question, Rep. Steven Chabot asked Mueller to confirm that the name of the firm that produced the Christopher Steele dossier was Fusion. “I’m not familiar with that,” the former special counsel responded. Taken aback by Mueller’s ignorance, Chabot stressed, “It’s not a trick question,” before attempting to ask Mueller about Fusion GPS and the Steele dossier.

“This is outside my purview,” Mueller testified. How is that even possible?

In his opening statement, Mueller stressed that he agreed to serve as special counsel because he thought “it was of paramount interest to the nation to determine whether a foreign adversary had interfered in the presidential election.” “The order appointing me as special counsel directed our office to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election,” Mueller continued.

Yet here he was, telling Congress that Fusion GPS and the Steele dossier were outside of his “purview.” But the Steele dossier built the entire case of Russia collusion. It justified the four Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act surveillance orders on former Trump adviser Carter Page. It detailed supposed connections between Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen and the Kremlin. Had anyone truly believed there was collusion between Trump’s 2016 campaign and Russia, they would have pulled every thread in the Steele dossier to see if something stuck.

He would have had to been living in a CAVE not to know about Fusion GPS.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

To me, the Fusion GPS is one of the most astounding revelations of the testimony...

Mueller’s Ignorance Of Fusion GPS Proves His Investigation Was A Sham

Robert Mueller’s testimony before the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees provided yet further proof that the entire special counsel investigation was a political witch hunt. While Democrats succeeded in eliciting affirmative responses from Mueller to their dramatic reading of the special counsel report at Wednesday’s prosecution of President Trump in absentia, it was Mueller’s ignorance when queried about Fusion GPS that exposed both the proceedings and the special counsel probe as a sham.

In what he surely saw as an introductory question, Rep. Steven Chabot asked Mueller to confirm that the name of the firm that produced the Christopher Steele dossier was Fusion. “I’m not familiar with that,” the former special counsel responded. Taken aback by Mueller’s ignorance, Chabot stressed, “It’s not a trick question,” before attempting to ask Mueller about Fusion GPS and the Steele dossier.

“This is outside my purview,” Mueller testified. How is that even possible?

In his opening statement, Mueller stressed that he agreed to serve as special counsel because he thought “it was of paramount interest to the nation to determine whether a foreign adversary had interfered in the presidential election.” “The order appointing me as special counsel directed our office to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election,” Mueller continued.

Yet here he was, telling Congress that Fusion GPS and the Steele dossier were outside of his “purview.” But the Steele dossier built the entire case of Russia collusion. It justified the four Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act surveillance orders on former Trump adviser Carter Page. It detailed supposed connections between Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen and the Kremlin. Had anyone truly believed there was collusion between Trump’s 2016 campaign and Russia, they would have pulled every thread in the Steele dossier to see if something stuck.

He would have had to been living in a CAVE not to know about Fusion GPS.
              Yeah that is pretty damning. The investigation was started because of the Steele dossier. Also Fusion GPS was all over the news. How can anyone not have heard of it? And how can it NOT be part of his purview?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Yeah that is pretty damning. The investigation was started because of the Steele dossier. Also Fusion GPS was all over the news. How can anyone not have heard of it? And how can it NOT be part of his purview?
                I don't think he's that dishonest -- I think he's that much out of touch. I think he was pretty much a passenger on the investigation train, and others were calling the shots.

Comment

I don't think he's that dishonest -- I think he's that much out of touch. I think he was pretty much a passenger on the investigation train, and others were calling the shots.
                  That, or Alzheimer's is really starting to set in.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    That, or Alzheimer's is really starting to set in.
                    Which is my personal opinion - or some other form of dementia.

Comment

But to not even know what Fusion GPS was? Sounds like he is having memory problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        But to not even know what Fusion GPS was? Sounds like he is having memory problems.
                        That's what I've been saying ever since I watched him testify -- I think he was confused and not in command of is faculties. Whatever that entails, he wasn't at all sharp and coherent.

Comment

Jimmy, check your fax machine. Even your own handlers are throwing Mueller under the bus.
                          I know what they're saying, but it doesn't matter what they are saying about Muellers performance, that's just the part you want to focus on, because you can't defend against what his investigation uncovered.

You excel at demonstrating how profoundly ignorant you are.
                          The above reply actually exposes yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            That's how he was sold to us by the media. For instance, here's this from a 2017 CNN story...

Mueller is widely seen as a nonpolitical, dogged investigator, respected on both sides of the aisle.

Philip Mudd, a CNN contributor and former deputy director of the FBI's national security branch under Mueller, praised the appointment to CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Thursday.

"Every American who thinks that this is a moment of turmoil, whether they like the President or not, should breathe easy tonight: Robert Muller is solid ground," Mudd said.

"He is not one of the best, Robert Mueller, he is the best I ever saw. Leadership, judgment, decision-making," he added. "There is nobody better at doggedly pursuing a target without being subjected to any pressures from Congress, the President, the media, anybody in the FBI, the attorney general, the deputy attorney general. There is nobody better."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/polit...ler/index.html

And here's the Washington Post...

“He doesn’t sway under political pressure,” said Thomas J. Pickard, who served as deputy director of the FBI under Mueller on Sept. 11, 2001. He noted that President Obama extended Mueller’s term, even after he had served through all eight years of the Bush administration. “For 12 years, he kept the FBI out of politics,” Pickard added.

George J. Terwilliger III, who has known Mueller since both were assistant U.S. attorneys three decades ago, said that “if a special counsel had to be appointed, I think Bob is a terrific choice.”

“I have no doubt that he will be even handed — including going hammer and tong after anyone who is leaking investigative or classified information,” said Terwilliger, who served as deputy attorney general while Mueller led DOJ’s criminal division. “Bob’s got a career that is marked by handling the highest-profile matters out of the public eye with his nose to the grindstone and attention to the business.”

Neil MacBride, a former U.S. attorney who has worked with Mueller in a variety of jobs, called him “the real deal, the most respected prosecutor in America.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.dc464f1f5d4f

This is typical of the fawning praise he received from the mainstream media.

Too bad those early attempts to burnish his (undeserved) reputation went up in smoke at Wednesday's hearing.
                            All irrelevant nonsense. Focus on the report itself, you might actually learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              I know what they're saying, but it doesn't matter what they are saying about Muellers performance, that's just the part you want to focus on, because you can't defend against what his investigation uncovered.

The above reply actually exposes yours.
                              I like that. You are going to standby the Democrat story line come hell or high water.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Focus on the report itself, you might actually learn something.
                                You mean like the fact that Mueller never concluded that the President committed any crimes?
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment