Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court: The Wall Can Go Foward...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Charles being Charles.
    That was not in the definition.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      That was not in the definition.
      Got news for ya, Charles.... REAL life isn't confined to textbook definitions or your choosing.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Got news for ya, Charles.... REAL life isn't confined to textbook definitions or your choosing.
        That is not news. But it is true.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          That is not news. But it is true.
          Please feel free to continue your whining.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Okay, fine - quit calling Charles a wussy crybaby doodiehead.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              But seer, you're a conservative, you don't even believe that our own poor should be a priority the federal government.
              I think the best thing for the poor is a decent paying job. Too bad many of the illegals are taking entry level jobs and lowering the pay scale. I mentioned this while ago, back in the early 2000 my son had a number of friends who were roofers - making $20-25 dollars hour. Illegals have taken all those jobs, and most construction jobs in my area. They are willing to work for less than minimum wage, and do. So you leftists don't care about our poor and never did, they are political pawns to you.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Okay, fine - quit calling Charles a wussy crybaby doodiehead.

WAAAaaaaannnnnhhhhhhh You just committed an add homonym!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  I think the best thing for the poor is a decent paying job. Too bad many of the illegals are taking entry level jobs and lowering the pay scale. I mentioned this while ago, back in the early 2000 my son had a number of friends who were roofers - making $20-25 dollars hour. Illegals have taken all those jobs, and most construction jobs in my area. They are willing to work for less than minimum wage, and do. So you leftists don't care about our poor and never did, they are political pawns to you.
                  The only segment in society to have seen a real-income raise over the past 50 years in the US are the top 20% of the population. Supporting the poor could mean - and this is a shocker - paying the rich just a little bit less. The rich don't care about the poor - conservatives, included.

Sick people are also notoriously bad at pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps. Meanwhile, the US spends 15% of its GDP on healthcare that doesn't even provide poor people with a means to get better so that they can, shock horror, work. The NHS in the UK costs around 8% of GDP.

The US has a lot of problems before illegal immigrants are even considered as a cause.

Have a graph: 1501516210717_Labour-incomes-not-growing-in-real-terms.jpg
                  Last edited by Zara; 07-27-2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zara View Post
                    The only segment in society to have seen a real-income raise over the past 50 years in the US are the top 20% of the population. Supporting the poor could mean - and this is a shocker - paying the rich just a little bit less. The rich don't care about the poor - conservatives, included.
                    Gee you think that may have something to do with illegals suppressing wages and trade agreements (instituted by both parties) that has shipped millions of manufacturing jobs overseas?

Sick people are also notoriously bad at pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps. Meanwhile, the US spends 15% of its GDP on healthcare that doesn't even provide poor people with a means to get better so that they can, shock horror, work. The NHS in the UK costs around 8% of GDP.
                    I'm not talking about sick people.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

So you agree that Trump should enforce the law against hiring undocumented workers, correct? That would go a lot further to stem the tide of aliens illegally entering the country than pretending to build a two thousand mile wall that Mexico is going to pay for. He should also invest our money into helping those countries instead of revoking financial aid as he has done which is one other reason that the problem has ballooned under his administration. He wants the immigration issue to get worse, he needs it as a campaign issue, which his border policies make clear.

Comment

So you agree that Trump should enforce the law against hiring undocumented workers, correct? That would go a lot further to stem the tide of aliens illegally entering the country than pretending to build a two thousand mile wall that Mexico is going to pay for.
                        We can do both, universal e-verify, and barriers where needed.

He should also invest our money into helping those countries instead of revoking financial aid as he has done which is one other reason that the problem has ballooned under his administration.
                        Nonsense Jim, first Trump only cut back funds after the onslaught of illegals - as a punishment. Second, what good has the millions and millions of dollars we have already sent during the years done?

Comment

Second, what good has the millions and millions of dollars we have already sent during the years done?
                          Lined the pockets of politicians.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Gee you think that may have something to do with illegals suppressing wages and trade agreements (instituted by both parties) that has shipped millions of manufacturing jobs overseas?
                            No, we know it has to do with greed at the top and the GOP whom they payoff. You are against the 15 dollar minimum wage which democrats are pushing and you use the greedy corporate GOP backed talking points to defend against it. If undocumented workers are suppressing wages it's only because of corporate greed at the top. Or are you suggesting that if not for undocumented workers the roofer your son once worked for $25 an hour would go out of business.

Comment

No, we know it has to do with greed at the top and the GOP whom they payoff. You are against the 15 dollar minimum wage which democrats are pushing and you use the greedy corporate GOP backed talking points to defend against it. If undocumented workers are suppressing wages it's only because of corporate greed at the top. Or are you suggesting that if not for undocumented workers the roofer your son once worked for $25 an hour would go out of business.
                              You got your economics degree from the same place you got your legal degree, I see.

Comment

The contractors who hire illegals are not big corporate CEOs. They are small companies. Let me tell you how this works in the real world Jim since I have a number of contractor friends. One or two contractors hire immigrants at slave wages - that under cuts the other contractors when it comes to bidding jobs, so they have to either hire illegals or go under. My best friend Mike was a contractor for 35 years, he always had a 7-10 man crew and paid well. He could not keep up, now he only does small remodeling jobs that he can do alone. And BTW - over the years these situations were reported to ICE - nothing was ever done.

Comment