Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court: The Wall Can Go Foward...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Maybe you should reconsider:

Source
    *emphasis mine

So, New Zealand takes in 1000 per year - the US has more than 50,000 detained per MONTH. But I notice you aren't petitioning your government to take in any of the 'refugees' you want us to take in. There are ships - we'd be happy to help them get to NZ - IF NZ would take them - which it won't. It won't even have proceedings to determine status, will it?

Hypocrite. It's easy to complain when you don't have to worry about the problem showing up on your doorstep, isn't it?
    You call me a hypocrite based on wrong statement or assumption about where I live. Wouldn't it be better to just stay on topic than making false statements about where I live, what I do or don't do and what consequences I live with or not?

I have continually made it a point that this is a question about humans and how they are treated. It seems you cannot acccept that in any way, shape or form. Wonder why if you had good arguments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Well Chuck seems to want to answer for him when I wasn't talking to him.
      Like a whole thread of clowns? All of whom are arguing straw-men?

Comment

Maybe you should reconsider:

Source
        *emphasis mine

Hypocrite. It's easy to complain when you don't have to worry about the problem showing up on your doorstep, isn't it?
        The US has changed its cap to 30,000 per year. Which, on a per capita basis, is half that of New Zealand.

But don't let your lack of Christian charity hit you in the face.

Comment

Well Chuck seems to want to answer for him when I wasn't talking to him.
          I suppose it would be an interesting juggling act to keep the personas straight when one is passive aggressive and the other is overtly aggressive.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
            You call me a hypocrite based on wrong statement or assumption about where I live. Wouldn't it be better to just stay on topic than making false statements about where I live, what I do or don't do and what consequences I live with or not?

I have continually made it a point that this is a question about humans and how they are treated. It seems you cannot acccept that in any way, shape or form. Wonder why if you had good arguments.
            Huh, could have sworn you were from NZ - apologies for the error.

In answer to your last question, because you aren't arguing about either of those things - you are repeating false reports and taking digs at anyone who supports Trump - or you think they do.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post
              The US has changed its cap to 30,000 per year. Which, on a per capita basis, is half that of New Zealand.

But don't let your lack of Christian charity hit you in the face.
              NZ's pop density: 18 ppl/km
              Source

US pop density: 36 ppl/km
              Source

But NZ can only spare room for an extra 1000 per year - who, when they arrive, will be detained for six weeks and then released into one of six locations.

Yeah, on a Population Density basis - which is the superior measure - the US takes in far more people at more than twice the density.

Don't let your lack of common sense hit you in the backside.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I suppose it would be an interesting juggling act to keep the personas straight when one is passive aggressive and the other is overtly aggressive.
                Would you be the moderator?

Comment

Would you be the moderator?
                  Why not, he's totally unbiased?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

NZ's pop density: 18 ppl/km
                    Source

US pop density: 36 ppl/km
                    Source

But NZ can only spare room for an extra 1000 per year - who, when they arrive, will be detained for six weeks and then released into one of six locations.

Yeah, on a Population Density basis - which is the superior measure - the US takes in far more people at more than twice the density.

Don't let your lack of common sense hit you in the backside.
                    it's not only "how many" but "who"

NZ is very picky about who they let in. It took Raphael a lot of effort to be able to immigrate to New Zealand. And if you just show up on their shores, you get detained (ie locked up in cages)

Asylum seekers by boat

New Zealand has had a long-standing concern about boat arrivals of asylum seekers. New Zealand has been an active participant in the Bali Process to prevent boat arrivals. No mass boat arrival has ever made it to New Zealand, although small numbers of arrive by sea and subsequently claimed asylum.

In 2013 a Migration Amendment Bill was introduced which would allow the government to mandatorily detain refugees who arrive by boat in groups of ten or more.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugees_in_New_Zealand
                    https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/06/0...t-boat-people#

The New Zealand Government is warning the boatload of Indian migrants reportedly heading to New Zealand they could be detained for up to six months if they arrive.

The fishing boat, carrying over 100 migrants, left Munambam harbour in Kerala on January 12. Indian police say they've arrested a man who told them the boat was heading to New Zealand.

Over 100 migrants headed for New Zealand by fishing boat, India says

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) says they have processes in place to handle any arrival - including detention.

"Although there has never been a mass arrival in this country there's no doubt that New Zealand is a target for people smugglers and a mass arrival at some stage is a very real possibility that we need to be fully prepared for," says INZ assistant general manager Stephen Vaughan.

"Under the Immigration Act 2009, those who arrive as part of a mass arrival are able to be detained for up to six months and allows this detention period to be extended for up to 28 days at a time, if a District Court Judge determines that is necessary."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...ey-arrive.html
                    So Zara should be worrying about his own country's treatment of refugees rather than complaining about ours.

Comment

So Zara should be worrying about his own country's treatment of refugees rather than complaining about ours.
                      Unless, of course, the worry is not about countries but about real human beings.

Comment

Why are New Zealanders so racist and wicked!
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Why are New Zealanders so racist and wicked!
                          It's a result of them being marooned on islands! At least they're not throwing spears at visiting missionaries.

(are they?)
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Unless, of course, the worry is not about countries but about real human beings.
                            Seems like he has a lot of human beings to worry about in his own back yard.

As do you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              It's a result of them being marooned on islands! At least they're not throwing spears at visiting missionaries.

(are they?)
                              They probably just send those poor boat people back to be eaten by sharks.

Zara, why do you feed refugee children to sharks?

Comment

Seems like he has a lot of human beings to worry about in his own back yard.

As do you.
                                Correct. It does, however, not prevent me from worrying about others as well.

Comment