Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court: The Wall Can Go Foward...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Except the climate change hoax isn't a national security issue.
    Hell, if there is any justice, is where you will spend eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero View Post
      Hell, if there is any justice, is where you will spend eternity.
      This must be that liberal compassion and tolerance I've heard so much about.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This must be that liberal compassion and tolerance I've heard so much about.
        Who said "liberals" are tolerant of sinful wilful ignorance. You deserve everything that will come to you.

Conservatives that don't take responsibility for their actions and harm others through their actions, then lie to themselves about how good they are, are hypocrites of the worst stripe.

Comment

You deserve everything that will come to you.
          I'm still not sure on who's behalf you think you're making these threats. Certainly not the God of the Bible. Perhaps you're speaking on behalf of your master the devil?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            I've already stated that if Trump and the republicans were truly serious about solving the problem of too much immigration, they, for one thing, would enforce the existing law against hiring new undocumented workers, but they don't. If they know that they can get work, then they are going to come, if they can't, then they won't come. We should also be investing in those countries rather than, as Trump has done, pulled our assistance out. I think Trump actually wants to make the situation worse, that way he can use it as a campaign issue.
            Let me make my question more personal.

Suppose you are sitting at home with your family watching television and your door bell rings.

When you answer it you find 100 people outside who rush into your home. You don't know who they are or whether they mean you and your family harm and most do not speak English; some seem ill, some seem to be on drugs. They ask you for jobs and medical care and that you provide them an education and food.

What would you do to protect yourself and your family?

Comment

I'm still not sure on who's behalf you think you're making these threats. Certainly not the God of the Bible. Perhaps you're speaking on behalf of your master the devil?
              On behalf of the people you harm through your actions. You are the one that is in the hands of the devil.

Comment

On behalf of the people you harm through your actions. You are the one that is in the hands of the devil.
                I'll take care of the splinter in my eye if you take care of the log in your own.

Comment

I'll take care of the splinter in my eye if you take care of the log in your own.
                  I much prefer what the Bible says to all of us:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? https://biblehub.com/matthew/7-3.htm
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    His points are not rational. The Berlin wall was meant to keep people in, and how are the American people prisoners of a wall built on the southern border? How does that stop us from going anywhere?
                    When the pope says: "...those who build walls end up being prisoners of the walls they build." he is most likely not talking about the fact that it will stop you from going anywhere physically. He is probably talking about people getting too concerned with their own borders, their own countries, their own culture and whatever to the extent where it makes them compromise their true values, moreal ideas and ideals. I guess we all know the feeling of being too concerned about our own stuff to the extent where it is no longer freeing us but making us prisoners?
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      When the pope says: "...those who build walls end up being prisoners of the walls they build." he is most likely not talking about the fact that it will stop you from going anywhere physically. He is probably talking about people getting too concerned with their own borders, their own countries, their own culture and whatever to the extent where it makes them compromise their true values, moreal ideas and ideals. I guess we all know the feeling of being too concerned about our own stuff to the extent where it is no longer freeing us but making us prisoners?
                      Well that doesn't follow. Our ideals are just fine. We take in a million immigrants a year.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

There is nothing immoral about a nation protecting its own borders and sovereignty any more than its immoral to lock the front door of your house to protect your family and property.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Well that doesn't follow. Our ideals are just fine. We take in a million immigrants a year.
                          I guess innocent children in cages among quite many others would tell a different story about those ideals.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                            I guess innocent children in cages among quite many others would tell a different story about those ideals.
                            Perhaps we should have a conversation with the people who force them to cross thousands of miles of open desert on foot.

Comment

Perhaps we should have a conversation with the people who force them to cross thousands of miles of open desert on foot.
                              No matter what they say it is no excuse for the evil done to them when they arrive.

Comment

An immature child acts in the way that many on the so-called right, do. Children make a mess, the adults notices that you're making the playground messy, they ask you to take responsibility for the mess you've made, but the child refuses to acknowledge it was them that made the mess, that it's their responsibility to clean it up - pointing to others to blame, throwing a temper tantrum or just lying.

You have made a mess. Own up to it, take responsibility for your action and be a man instead of immature children that are destroying the place in which we all live.

All I'm going to hear is the crying of a snowflake that can't handle that their actions might actually be a problem - it's not me me me whaa cry - while being a polluting freeloader destroying life with their craven head in the sand.

But but "conservative" media said...

Grow a pair.
                                Last edited by Zara; 07-27-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment