Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court: The Wall Can Go Foward...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    I guess innocent children in cages among quite many others would tell a different story about those ideals.
    Are you just stupid Charles? First, Obama built those cages and used them, second they are temporary holding facilities.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
      Let me make my question more personal.

Suppose you are sitting at home with your family watching television and your door bell rings.

When you answer it you find 100 people outside who rush into your home. You don't know who they are or whether they mean you and your family harm and most do not speak English; some seem ill, some seem to be on drugs. They ask you for jobs and medical care and that you provide them an education and food.

What would you do to protect yourself and your family?
      00000000000000ab0.000.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When the pope says: "...those who build walls end up being prisoners of the walls they build." he is most likely not talking about the fact that it will stop you from going anywhere physically. He is probably talking about people getting too concerned with their own borders, their own countries, their own culture and whatever to the extent where it makes them compromise their true values, moreal ideas and ideals. I guess we all know the feeling of being too concerned about our own stuff to the extent where it is no longer freeing us but making us prisoners?
        I've always found the pope's criticism of building a wall a bit hypocritical considering that he lives behind some pretty formidable ones.

00000000000000ab000-00aab.jpg
        Part of the wall around the Vatican

To paraphrase Reagan here: "Pope Francis, tear down your walls."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I guess innocent children in cages among quite many others would tell a different story about those ideals.
          You do realize that they are free to leave any time they choose, right?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            It doesn't matter Jim, this opens the door for more funds to be diverted to the border - which is a national security problem as far I'm concerned.
            Except it's not what he promised. Promises made, promises broken.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I've always found the pope's criticism of building a wall a bit hypocritical considering that he lives behind some pretty formidable ones.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38663[/ATTACH]
              Part of the wall around the Vatican

To paraphrase Reagan here: "Pope Francis, tear down your walls."
              I had a feeling this would be exactly what you would point to since it appears you believe a statement is relative to who says it. If you don't believe so it is quite hard to see your point.
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Are you just stupid Charles? First, Obama built those cages and used them, second they are temporary holding facilities.
                So you are seriously suggesting that it makes a difference whether Obama built them or not? What difference would that make, seer?

And you do realise that something can be completely wrong even if it is temporary?

I wonder what kind of moral standards you hold on to since your own statement seemingly makes sense to you.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                  Well like most candidates he found there were things he couldn't actually do when he got into office. And I could list the promises he did keep.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

So you are seriously suggesting that it makes a difference whether Obama built them or not? What difference would that make, seer?

And you do realise that something can be completely wrong even if it is temporary?

I wonder what kind of moral standards you hold on to since your own statement seemingly makes sense to you.
                    Then let's just send them all home the second they step foot in this country. Problem solved.

Comment

The timing of your criticism seems significantly linked to this, yes.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                        Yeah, he's fighting for the funding and has contracts already in place - not exactly a broken promise.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Then let's just send them all home the second they step foot in this country. Problem solved.
                          So you admit I was right that your points were wrong? And how would sending them home straight away solve the problem if the problem is that those in need of help are not taken care of?

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Yeah, he's fighting for the funding and has contracts already in place - not exactly a broken promise.
                            So, Mexico is paying?

Comment

So you admit I was right that your points were wrong? And how would sending them home straight away solve the problem if the problem is that those in need of help are not taken care of?
                              Charles you are never right. And we can not, nor should we, take the whole third world in. We have our own poor - they should be our priority.

Comment

Well like most candidates he found there were things he couldn't actually do when he got into office. And I could list the promises he did keep.
                                I guess he could be like the previous occupant who openly admitted that he didn't have the legal authority to do something and then turn around and do it anyway.

Comment