Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Racist Tweet?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I thought a Dixiecan was where you kept your snuff.

I have heard of Dixie cups.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    When democrats were doing such things, they were dixiecrats, more commonly known today as republicans, that's why they switched to the republican party.
    No, they weren't. They were card carrying Democrats - most until they died. The South didn't start becoming solidly Republican for another two decades - and it wasn't lead by Dixiecrats who were back to being Democrats long since. By the time the South becomes strongly Republican, most of that generation was in decline or dying off.

Seriously, it's not until the Democratic Party starts its left-ward shift in the 80's that the South begins to shift Republican - because the Yellow Dogs simply weren't a force any longer.

3. Amen Cow Poke, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    No, they weren't. They were card carrying Democrats - most until they died. The South didn't start becoming solidly Republican for another two decades - and it wasn't lead by Dixiecrats who were back to being Democrats long since. By the time the South becomes strongly Republican, most of that generation was in decline or dying off.

Seriously, it's not until the Democratic Party starts its left-ward shift in the 80's that the South begins to shift Republican - because the Yellow Dogs simply weren't a force any longer.

Yeah! So there!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post

Some of us actually lived through those times and aren't fooled by the fairy tales that liberals tell each other.
    Last edited by rogue06; 08-13-2019 at 09:19 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    in his marble mouthed way,
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. Ė St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Wait, you don't know what Biden's actual statement was?
    Lil jimmy has a remarkable propensity for pontificating on things he hasn't seen or read, almost always proclaiming that those who have seen or read something don't know what they're talking about (and ironically often accusing them of not having seen or read it).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

9. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Lil jimmy has a remarkable propensity for pontificating on things he hasn't seen or read, almost always proclaiming that those who have seen or read something don't know what they're talking about (and ironically often accusing them of not having seen or read it).
    To Jimmy's credit, I was paraphrasing the quote, and while I got the essence correct, I didn't have the exact wording. To my credit, I never attributed my paraphrase to Biden, although Biden's actual words weren't any better.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

The obvious implication is that white people are less likely than minorities to be poor, which reveals Biden's low opinion of non-whites.
    Wher've you been? Well off white kids are less likely to end up poor than are poor non-whites. If you grew up in the ghetto with lousy schools you'd be more likely to end up poor as well. That's not a low opinion of non-whites, dopey. Biden is simply trying to say that with the same advantages as the well off, poor people, including white kids, but specifically non-white kids, because they are no less smart, and no less talented would do just as well as the well off white kids. Hard to believe I have to explain this to you, but that is because with your biased brain, you see only what you want to see.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well off white kids are less likely to end up poor than are poor non-whites.
    This is freakin GENIUS!!!!

I think Jim is giving Biden a run for his money!

(And well off black kids are less likely to end up poor than are poor white kids. )
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The idea that yesterday's Democrats are today's Republicans and vice versa is one of the more absurd political urban legends I've come across.
    That's because you are woefully uninformed, MM. The south was mostly democrat in the past, but they didn't like the civil rights agenda of the democratic party. That's why the more racist southern democrats became mostly republican. Actually, that was the republican stratagy.