Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 501

Thread: Another Racist Tweet?

  1. #401
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,863
    Amen (Given)
    5650
    Amen (Received)
    5906
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I thought we knew that. I thought somebody had talked about the Chicoms reading Hillary's "realtime".
    I think we all suspected it, but this, if true, is undeniable proof.

    Thank God she didn't become president. Can you imagine how much leverage they would have had over her?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  2. #402
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,480
    Amen (Given)
    11870
    Amen (Received)
    25274
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I think we all suspected it, but this, if true, is undeniable proof.

    Thank God she didn't become president. Can you imagine how much leverage they would have had over her?
    So, Trump prophesied this one year ago!

    August 29, 2018...

    In late-night tweet, Donald Trump accuses China of hacking Hillary Clinton’s emails

    US President Donald Trump said on Twitter that China hacked the emails of 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton but did not offer any evidence or further information.

    “Hillary Clinton’s Emails, many of which are Classified Information, got hacked by China. Next move better be by the FBI & DOJ or, after all of their other missteps (Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Ohr, FISA, Dirty Dossier etc.), their credibility will be forever gone!” he tweeted a little after midnight on Wednesday.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  3. #403
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,227
    Amen (Given)
    1643
    Amen (Received)
    1451
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Excepting the part about being completely wrong, sure. The Civil Rights movement had been over for 20 years - it had done all the damage it was going to do. The leftward shift of the Democratic Party did what that rift totally failed to do - it caused the South to finally split with the Democratic party.
    The civil rights movement was over for 20 years? what are you talking about? The south was democrat, like you said, because of their racist stance against republican reconstructionism. So, the democrats in the south were the party of white supremacists. In 48 Truman, a democrat, introduced a pro civil rights platform which angered the supremacists and they split the racist democrat party in the south. They called themselves the Dixiecrats, and when Johnson passed the civil rights act of 1964, and voting rights in 1965 the south went solidly republican.
    To actually go off on a tangent, the '64 CRA actually got some (very few) Southern Democrat votes.
    Tea, that only goes to prove my point. The overwhelming majority of southern democrats voted against democrat L.B Johnsons civil rights legislation.
    CRA (votes in yea/nay format):
    Source: Wikipedia

    The original House version:

    • Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
    • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
    • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
    • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

    The Senate version:


    © Copyright Original Source

    Again, this data only goes to prove my point. Southern democrats hated republicans due to reconstruction, but then hated democrats due to their civil rights stances. They became republicans for the same reason they went to war against the north, they were white supremacist who hated reconstructionism and they hated civil rights reforms.

    Source
    Notice that the Southern Republicans - all eleven of them - voted against.
    Yes, and notice nearly all the democrats voted along with those republicans. Kind of makes the point right there!

    Couldn't find the VRA voting record by state but I'd be surprised if any Southern states voted for something that punitive.
    Of course they didn't, why would white supremacist southern democrats vote against civil rights for African Americans and then vote for voting rights for African Americans?
    Last edited by JimL; 08-15-2019 at 04:45 PM.

  4. #404
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,546
    Amen (Given)
    8406
    Amen (Received)
    5366
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The civil rights movement was over for 20 years? what are you talking about? The south was democrat, like you said, because of their racist stance against republican reconstructionism. So, the democrats in the south were the party of white supremacists. In 48 Truman, a democrat, introduced a pro civil rights platform which angered the supremacists and they split the racist democrat party in the south. They called themselves the Dixiecrats, and when Johnson passed the civil rights act of 1964, and voting rights in 1965 the south went solidly republican.
    When the South actually became majority Republican the civil Rights Movement had been over for twenty years - it doesn't happen until the 1990's.

    Dixiecrats were not then - OR EVER - Republicans. You literally could have gotten yourself shot by calling one of them a Republican to his face back then. They DESPISED the Republicans. Southern Democrats didn't let go of Reconstruction until after the Civil Rights Movement was OVER - and by a number of years.


    Tea, that only goes to prove my point. The overwhelming majority of southern democrats voted against democrat L.B Johnsons civil rights legislation.
    That wasn't your point - you keep insisting Southern Democrats became Republicans 20 years before it actually happened.

    It's more interesting that ANY Southern Democrats voted in favor - and it does go against your 'they were Republicans in sheep's clothing' theory. Well, at least your version of Republicans.

    Again, this data only goes to prove my point. Southern democrats hated republicans due to reconstruction, but then hated democrats due to their civil rights stances. They became republicans for the same reason they went to war against the north, they were white supremacist who hated reconstructionism and they hated civil rights reforms.
    No, it most certainly does not. First off, the Republicans aren't what you keep making them out to be. But mostly, you are talking about people that literally HATED the Republicans where they were only really ticked off with the Democrats.


    Yes, and notice nearly all the democrats voted along with those republicans. Kind of makes the point right there!
    That Southern Republicans weren't total imbeciles? When did that become your point?

    Of course they didn't, why would white supremacist southern democrats vote against civil rights for African Americans and then vote for voting rights for African Americans.
    The South is far more complex than that - had the North understood it, the Civil Rights Movement would have resulted in much less violence. The VRA is a nasty piece of punitive legislation that no sane person would vote for - had it not been curtailed there would be some Northern states finding out just how nasty it was just about now.

  5. #405
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,227
    Amen (Given)
    1643
    Amen (Received)
    1451
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    When the South actually became majority Republican the civil Rights Movement had been over for twenty years - it doesn't happen until the 1990's.

    Dixiecrats were not then - OR EVER - Republicans. You literally could have gotten yourself shot by calling one of them a Republican to his face back then. They DESPISED the Republicans. Southern Democrats didn't let go of Reconstruction until after the Civil Rights Movement was OVER - and by a number of years.
    That was before the civil rights movement Tea, of course the south was anti Lincoln reconstructionist republican, but the reason for the switch to republican was the democrat party's civil rights agenda. Southerners don't want to admit that now anymore than they want to admit that the civil war was over slavery. It was!

    That wasn't your point - you keep insisting Southern Democrats became Republicans 20 years before it actually happened.
    No, not my point, my point is that the reason for the change was the Democrat party's support for civil rights. Just look back to the stats you posted where southern democrats voted overwhelmingly agaist their own party, and with their republican counterparts against civil rights legislation. At that point they were still democrats, but democrats in name only.
    It's more interesting that ANY Southern Democrats voted in favor - and it does go against your 'they were Republicans in sheep's clothing' theory. Well, at least your version of Republicans.
    Why is that interesting at all? The only interesting thing about the fact that there were only 7 out of 95 southern democrats who voted for the civil rights reform, is the fact that there were only 7 who voted yea. The vast majority of democrats voted along with the republicans against their own party.

    No, it most certainly does not. First off, the Republicans aren't what you keep making them out to be. But mostly, you are talking about people that literally HATED the Republicans where they were only really ticked off with the Democrats.
    Tea, you're confusing two separate issues. The south hated republicans after the civil war, Lincoln, reconstruction, etc. That was a long time ago. But, they began to turn on the democrats for the same reason, i.e. civil rights, and that culminated into the 1960' and 70's. until the present where they are still fairly solidly republican. Though there are cracks now showing in that old southern racist armor.

    That Southern Republicans weren't total imbeciles? When did that become your point?
    Never said southern republicans were imbeciles, I implied they were racists, and so were the southern democrats that joined them in trying to block civil rights reforms.

    The South is far more complex than that - had the North understood it, the Civil Rights Movement would have resulted in much less violence. The VRA is a nasty piece of punitive legislation that no sane person would vote for - had it not been curtailed there would be some Northern states finding out just how nasty it was just about now.
    Yes, we all know the line. What was nasty was the souths uncivil, unequal, treatment of African Americans which resulted in civil rights reform and the VRA pushed by the democrats.
    Last edited by JimL; 08-16-2019 at 06:53 AM.

  6. #406
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,546
    Amen (Given)
    8406
    Amen (Received)
    5366
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    That was before the civil rights movement Tea, of course the south was anti Lincoln reconstructionist republican, but the reason for the switch to republican was the democrat party's civil rights agenda. Southerners don't want to admit that now anymore than they want to admit that the civil war was over slavery. It was!
    Reconstruction was over, that's true - but Southerners HADN'T forgotten - and the hatred of the Republicans ran so deep that it continued until the Civil Rights movement was over.

    I was THERE.


    No, not my point, my point is that the reason for the change was the Democrat party's support for civil rights. Just look back to the stats you posted where southern democrats voted overwhelmingly agaist their own party, and with their republican counterparts against civil rights legislation. At that point they were still democrats, but democrats in name only.
    And you are completely wrong. It DID cause a fracture - but they didn't leave the Democratic party for another twenty years.

    Why is that interesting at all? The only interesting thing about the fact that there were only 7 out of 95 southern democrats who voted for the civil rights reform, is the fact that there were only 7 who voted yea. The vast majority of democrats voted along with the republicans against their own party.
    If these folks are all driven by hate it should be zero.


    Tea, you're confusing two separate issues. The south hated republicans after the civil war, Lincoln, reconstruction, etc. That was a long time ago. But, they began to turn on the democrats for the same reason, i.e. civil rights, and that culminated into the 1960' and 70's. until the present where they are still fairly solidly republican. Though there are cracks now showing in that old southern racist armor.
    No, you are not understanding just how much the South was STILL affected by the Civil War and Reconstruction 100 years after the fact. Reconstruction did very nasty things - and people did not forget.


    Never said southern republicans were imbeciles, I implied they were racists, and so were the southern democrats that joined them in trying to block civil rights reforms.
    Was there a legitimate alternative that would allow them to get elected?

    Yes, we all know the line. What was nasty was the souths uncivil, unequal, treatment of African Americans which resulted in civil rights reform and the VRA pushed by the democrats.
    Both were wrong - and the VRA caused more strife than was remotely necessary.

    Also, the Democrats were drug kicking and screaming into the Civil Rights Movement - they did NOT want it at first.

  7. #407
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,880
    Amen (Given)
    118
    Amen (Received)
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, Trump prophesied this one year ago!

    August 29, 2018...

    In late-night tweet, Donald Trump accuses China of hacking Hillary Clinton’s emails

    US President Donald Trump said on Twitter that China hacked the emails of 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton but did not offer any evidence or further information.

    “Hillary Clinton’s Emails, many of which are Classified Information, got hacked by China. Next move better be by the FBI & DOJ or, after all of their other missteps (Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Ohr, FISA, Dirty Dossier etc.), their credibility will be forever gone!” he tweeted a little after midnight on Wednesday.
    Why Trump so irresponsible?!??!, also unpresidential, tweet yuge accusations without proof.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

  8. #408
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,480
    Amen (Given)
    11870
    Amen (Received)
    25274
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    I was THERE...
    Bless you for fighting the good fight, but it's kinda like explaining card tricks to chickens.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  10. #409
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,863
    Amen (Given)
    5650
    Amen (Received)
    5906
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    No, you are not understanding just how much the South was STILL affected by the Civil War and Reconstruction 100 years after the fact. Reconstruction did very nasty things - and people did not forget.
    A lot longer than 100-years. In the mid-1990s, I covered a story in Danville, Virginia (the last capital of the South) where they were dedicating a monument to the Southern soldiers of the Civil War. But when a local council woman said that the monument was to honor all the soldiers who fought and died, she was all but run off the podium by a chorus of boo's. I believe there are Southerners to this day who still believe they have a God-given right to secede from the United States.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  12. #410
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,480
    Amen (Given)
    11870
    Amen (Received)
    25274
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    A lot longer than 100-years. In the mid-1990s, I covered a story in Danville, Virginia (the last capital of the South) where they were dedicating a monument to the Southern soldiers of the Civil War. But when a local council woman said that the monument was to honor all the soldiers who fought and died, she was all but run off the podium by a chorus of boo's. I believe there are Southerners to this day who still believe they have a God-given right to secede from the United States.
    It's been a few years, however, since I've heard the chants of "The South will RISE AGAIN!" (but, that was up in East Texas area - Tyler and surrounding)
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  13. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •