Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Racist Tweet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Oh, ok, so your rant isn't about Biden, and what he said, it's just your general perspective that because liberal politics is one that thinks government should help the poor, many of whom tend to be black due to their history, then that makes liberals racists? And here I always thought that that kind of liberal philosophy, helping the poor, or what you call racism, matched christian teaching.
    There is so much wrong with your scrambling of what I said I don't even know where to start.

A) It wasn't a rant - you're apparently being hypersensitive.
    2) Regarding "Christian Teaching" - I'm very much involved in that, and we don't just string people along with welfare checks - we teach them how to apply for jobs, how to interview, help them learn basic skills, help them find actual jobs....

I'll put our "welfare system" up against the failure that is the US government's "keep them on the plantation" philosophy any day of the week.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      There is so much wrong with your scrambling of what I said I don't even know where to start.

A) It wasn't a rant - you're apparently being hypersensitive.
      2) Regarding "Christian Teaching" - I'm very much involved in that, and we don't just string people along with welfare checks - we teach them how to apply for jobs, how to interview, help them learn basic skills, help them find actual jobs....

I'll put our "welfare system" up against the failure that is the US government's "keep them on the plantation" philosophy any day of the week.
      Yes, we are all well aware of the excuses that christian conservatives make for supporting government that says to hell with the poor. So sad! Btw, government helps with all of those things you mentioned as well, so moot point on your part.

Comment

Yes, we are all well aware
        the voices in your head, Jim? Because I don't see anybody backing up your insanity.

of the excuses that christian conservatives make for supporting government that says to hell with the poor.
        Another outright lie. I pay my fair share of taxes, AND I'm involved in numerous programs at my own expense that actually WORK.

So sad!
        What's sad is that you keep spewing out these lies, and think there are others who back you in this crap.

Btw, government helps with all of those things you mentioned as well, so moot point on your part.
        No, I've seen the government "job assistance" programs - they waste WAY too much money for nearly ZERO effect. Our programs are FREE and actually work.

If I believe my brothers that you're not stupid, then I almost have to come to the conclusion that you're just being an ass.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, I've seen the government "job assistance" programs - they waste WAY too much money for nearly ZERO effect. Our programs are FREE and actually work.
          So far, federal job-training programs have been outright failures

Last Nov. 8, while millions of Americans flocked to the polls, the U.S. Labor Department slyly released an embarrassing report. The “Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Gold Standard Evaluation,” completed six months earlier, concluded that all of the federal government’s primary job-training programs don’t really work.

Specifically, the study found that the programs are largely ineffective at raising participant’s earnings and are offering services that don’t meet the needs of job seekers or employers.

While the evaluation assessed the programs for adults and dislocated workers, it did not assess programs for youth. This omission is unfortunate. Then again, other scientifically rigorous evaluations have already found youth job-training programs to be ineffective.

This WIA evaluation was delayed and almost did not take place at all. When Congress passed the WIA in 1998, it required the Labor Department to complete an evaluation of the program’s effectiveness by 2005.

The Clinton administration left the responsibility of evaluation to its successor, and the Bush administration ignored the deadline entirely. It didn’t award the contract for conducting the evaluation until President Bush was preparing to leave office three years later.

Those who have followed the “progress” of federal job training programs will not be surprised to learn that these programs continue to be ineffective despite repeated promises of “reform.” About every decade or so, Congress tries to repair the broken job-training system.

The last “fix” occurred in 2014 with the passage of the Workforce Opportunity and Innovation Act (WOIA) — a half-hearted reform measure at best, it merely tinkered around the edge of these programs.

Perhaps there are no reforms that will make federal job training better. Large federal grants distributed for use at the discretion of state and local job-training agencies discourage accountability and efficiency. The actors spending the money are not responsible for raising it. As the late Nobel Laureate Milton Friedman observed, we never spend other people's money as carefully as we spend our own money.

That last bolded part is what we're about - we spend our own money, and we get results. Over a 93% graduation rate, and over 81% employment in jobs paying $15/hour or more.

Comment

Nice try, but Trump is not only inarticulate, but unlike Biden, Trump is a narcissistic, pathological liar. ORANGE MAN BAD!!11!!!!!1!
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Ok, so what we've established so far is that Trump is less racist than Joe Biden and (unfortunately) Ronaldus Maximus, and less bigoted in general than Obama and Hillary.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

You may have a point there, but he says stupid stuff like poor people being just as bright as 'white kids'.
                A slip of the tongue, not stupid. Biden inadvertently equated poor kids with “black kids. Something of a Freudian slip in that, sadly, black kids are for the most part poorer than rich white kids.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• What is problem? Almost refreshing, someone on Dem side being honest about views of theirs. Even if it's cos Biden going senile, no true intent of honesty.
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    Ok, so what we've established so far is that Trump is less racist than Joe Biden and (unfortunately) Ronaldus Maximus, and less bigoted in general than Obama and Hillary.
                    What is point? 'Dems R Real Racists, not us!!!' for 10000th time, what is point? They know, we know, they don't care.
                    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Yep, Reagan called black people "monkeys" while on a phone call with Nixon, and Nixon in return called them "cannibals." That is racist, but what Biden said is not. Biden is not always very articulate, but intelligent unbiased people know what he means.
                      Whataboutism!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Whataboutism!!
                        No, not whataboutism. What Biden said can in no way be compared to what Nixon and Reagon said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          A slip of the tongue, not stupid. Biden inadvertently equated poor kids with “black kids.
                          In other words, he accidentally said what he was thinking. Liberals often do that, then have to walk it back. And other liberals have to rush to his aid to help "clarify" what he said. He's a serial "slip of the tongue"-er.

Comment

In other words, he accidentally said what he was thinking. Liberals often do that, then have to walk it back. And other liberals have to rush to his aid to help "clarify" what he said. He's a serial "slip of the tongue"-er.
                            Yes he is, but unlike Nixon and Reagan, he's not a racist. Associating black kids with poor kids can hardly be considered racist, unless of course you're biased that way.

Comment

No, not whataboutism. What Biden said can in no way be compared to what Nixon and Reagon said.
                              Right. Biden just strokes their hair and sniffs them...
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                Right. Biden just strokes their hair and sniffs them...
                                You're a sick man, BtC.

Comment