Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Racist Tweet?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Another Racist Tweet?

So why is this racist?

WASHINGTON, July 27 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump hit out at a prominent African-American critic on Saturday, calling him a "brutal bully" who should concentrate on cleaning up his "disgusting, rat and rodent infested" Baltimore district rather than criticizing the work of U.S. immigration officers on the Mexican border.

Trump's target in a series of early morning tweets was U.S. Representative Elijah Cummings, Democratic chairman of the House of Representatives Oversight Committee, who has called Trump a racist and sharply criticized his immigration policies.

Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi responded to Trump by calling Cummings a champion for civil rights and economic justice and added in a tweet: "We all reject racist attacks against him and support his steadfast leadership."

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/ne...newthread&f=41
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That perception is because the majority of the people in the district are black.
    Last edited by KingsGambit; 07-28-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    "Technology has, in an enhanced way, given mockers a platform to set society on fire with polarizing speech. Internet culture privileges those whose insults are click bait." - Timothy Keller

3. Amen shunyadragon amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    That perception is because the majority of the people in the district are black.
    It was more of an attack on Cummings, and his lack of solving the problems in Baltimore while attacking U.S. immigration officers. Cummings deserved it.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

5. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    To liberals, any criticism of a minority person is considered racist.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So complaining about the conditions in which they are forced to endure is now racist?

I think a better case could be made that ignoring it and/or not caring is racist.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

8. Amen RumTumTugger, Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yeah, I remember when I had to fire a black female employee, and she filed an EEOC complaint. They actually interviewed two other blacks under my employment, one of whom said, "he fired her because she was incompetent, not because she was black". They asked him if that was his official statement, and he said, "don't make me go any further".

(She thought we hired her to be our princess)
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    So complaining about the conditions in which they are forced to endure is now racist?

I think a better case could be made that ignoring it and/or not caring is racist.
    I'm not endorsing any POV here; just answering the question posed as to the basis of the controversy
    "Technology has, in an enhanced way, given mockers a platform to set society on fire with polarizing speech. Internet culture privileges those whose insults are click bait." - Timothy Keller

11. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    For one thing, it's factually not all that accurate, which is no surprise for Trump. He was simply parrotting a Fox News segment he'd just seen. Cummings' district includes some very affluent African American neighborhoods. I think it's Trump's knee-jerk default assumption that a majority black urban district is going to be a rat-infested hell hole. And his proclivity for using the words infest and infestation only in connection with people of color.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Exactly! With all my criticisms of Obama, I must be a racist too! How subtle, how cogent your critique!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I personally suspect that he tweets something provocative whenever he wants to distract the news cycle from something and it works every time.

15. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd, Sparko amen'd this post.