Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Racist Tweet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    But as I pointed out above, there is hardly a one to one correspondence here. Sanders spoke of one of the most violent cities in the US, whereas Trump spoke of one of its more well to do suburbs. The tu quoque will not do here.
    It isn't just Sanders. Since Trump's statement a whole litany of similar statements have surfaced with many coming from Baltimore officials themselves (all Democrats). One comes from the city's mayor who while on a tour of the city last year was openly complaining about the smell of decaying animal carcasses and rats ("Whoa, you can smell the rats. ... Whew, Jesus. ... Oh, my God, you can smell the dead animals.").

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

1. Chicago
      2. Los Angeles
      3. New York
      4. Washington, D.C.
      5. San Francisco
      6. Detroit
      7. Philadelphia
      8. Cleveland
      9. Baltimore
      10. Denver

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-by-democrats/

We need a rat emojii.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        1. Chicago
        2. Los Angeles
        3. New York
        4. Washington, D.C.
        5. San Francisco
        6. Detroit
        7. Philadelphia
        8. Cleveland
        9. Baltimore
        10. Denver

We need a rat emojii.
        Liberal city = rats...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

1. Chicago
          2. Los Angeles
          3. New York
          4. Washington, D.C.
          5. San Francisco
          6. Detroit
          7. Philadelphia
          8. Cleveland
          9. Baltimore
          10. Denver

We need a rat emojii.
          They have "rat" built right into the name! Democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I personally suspect that he tweets something provocative whenever he wants to distract the news cycle from something and it works every time.
            Gee, ya think?

Comment

Yes, anybody who dared to criticize Saint Barack was blasted as a racist.
              Yeah, including all the criticisms he got from the Left and from Dems. Look up the words "context""history" and "intent".

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                Yeah, including all the criticisms he got from the Left and from Dems. Look up the words "context""history" and "intent".
                OK, so there's a whole lot of nutty false accusation of racism going around -- on THAT we agree!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                  Progs so easy to play by Trump.

"Orange man bad! Orange man racist!!!" for 474th time.
                  https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/122708...racism-history

Trump has a long-standing pattern of such behavior. It's being said for the 474th time maybe because he's saying or doing it for the 474th time. If he's not a racist himself, he's at least manipulating the racism of some of his followers for what he believes to be his advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    OK, so there's a whole lot of nutty false accusation of racism going around -- on THAT we agree!
                    That wasn't my point. You misunderstand once again, but sure. There are a lot of false accusations of racism going around. Just like there are false statements generally. So we should have ways of sifting out the false from the true. A solid lead would be to look at the pattern of one's behavior over his entire adult life.

Comment

That wasn't my point.
                      No, it was the point you SHOULD have made.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        He was slamming a DEMOCRAT. DEMOCRATS seem to think they have the moral high ground on 'taking care of people', but look at the cities run by DEMOCRATS, some of whom happen to be black.
                        Right! And the four Congresswomen were Dems who all happened to be women and minorities but pay no attention to that, and Cummings is black, but that's immaterial, and the "infestation" at the border is due to brown people, but that's irrelevant, and the Central Park Five, whose innocence were established from DNA evidence and Trump continued to call for their EXECUTION WITHOUT DUE PROCESS had nothing to do with the fact that all five were black, and the fact that Trump and Trump Sr. were sued for housing discrimination against black people was immaterial, and the fact that Trump called Maxine Waters and LeBron James "extremely low IQ individuals" had nothing to do with their race, nor did the fact that Trump called Don Lemon "the dumbest man on TV" have anything to do with his race. These are al isolated, unrelated instances.

If you don't see a pattern here, it's because you don't want to see it. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Comment

Right! And the four Congresswomen were Dems who all happened to be women and minorities but pay no attention to that, and Cummings is black, but that's immaterial, and the "infestation" at the border is due to brown people, but that's irrelevant, and the Central Park Five, whose innocence were established from DNA evidence and Trump continued to call for their EXECUTION WITHOUT DUE PROCESS had nothing to do with the fact that all five were black, and the fact that Trump and Trump Sr. were sued for housing discrimination against black people was immaterial, and the fact that Trump called Maxine Waters and LeBron James "extremely low IQ individuals" had nothing to do with their race, nor did the fact that Trump called Don Lemon "the dumbest man on TV" have anything to do with his race. These are al isolated, unrelated instances.

If you don't see a pattern here, it's because you don't want to see it. There are none so blind as those who will not see.
                          That would be the Don Lemon who seriously asked whether or not a lost jetliner could have been swallowed by a black hole?
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Gee, ya think?
                            He even admits it.

Comment

This could be interesting. Guess where the upcoming House GOP retreat is scheduled to be?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...-trump-attacks
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                Er, I assumed you were correct before - you usually are - but now I don't think so:

Baltimore Sun - includes district map

District Seven Map

Cummings' district clearly includes a large part of Baltimore proper - it is not a suburban only district.
                                I had read claims that it didn't, and when I did look it up to verify, maybe I was confused with St. Louis, which differentiates between St. Louis City and St. Louis County (St. Louis County being an affluent suburban area). I don't know. I feel bad, truthfully.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment