Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Racist Tweet?

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I'm going to guess that, since rogue actually reads the posts in this thread, he's aware of that already. Can you be any more lazy?
    Well if you read this thread then you'd know that rogue made a point of how it was republicans that supported the CRA and the VRA, but what he failed to mention was that southern republicans, all, every last one of them, voted against the democrat sponsered legislation. And that was the final straw for the white supremacist democrat party in the south. They were still white supremacists, but they began voting republican.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Neither did Southern Democrats, genius. Teallaura (who actually lives in the deep South) has repeatedly corrected you on your erroneous timeline on when the South abandoned the Democratic party.
    And, an aside, abandonment of the Democratic Party continues based on their giant swerve to the left.

BET Founder: Democratic Party Has Moved "Too Far To The Left"

BET.jpg

CNBC: America’s political establishment is riven with partisanship that has become “very wicked and very mean,” said entrepreneur and media mogul Robert Johnson, who added that the Democratic Party has become too liberal for his liking.

“The party in my opinion, for me personally, has moved too far to the left,” Johnson, the founder of cable network BET and RLJ Companies business network, told CNBC’s Hadley Gamble Tuesday.

BET FOUNDER ROBERT JOHNSON: I give the president a lot of credit for moving the economy in a positive direction that's benefiting a large number of Americans. Overall, if you look at the U.S. economy, if you look at the number of people who are no longer looking for jobs but are now seeing the opportunity for job growth, you’ve got to give the president an A+ for that.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Well if you read this thread then you'd know that rogue made a point of how it was republicans that supported the CRA and the VRA, but what he failed to mention was that southern republicans, all, every last one of them, voted against the democrat sponsered legislation.
    He didn't mention it because it wasn't especially relevant; there were very few Republicans in the South at that time.
    And that was the final straw for the white supremacist democrat party in the south. They were still white supremacists, but they began voting republican.
    This makes no sense, Jim. Are you even paying attention to Teallaura's posts in this thread? The white supremacist Democrats became Dixiecrats for a time, then went back to being Democrat. It wasn't until the next generation that the South started swinging Republican.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

4. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Neither did Southern Democrats, genius. Teallaura (who actually lives in the deep South) has repeatedly corrected you on your erroneous timeline on when the South abandoned the Democratic party.
    Duh, no kidding Sherlock. There were only 11 republicans from the south in all of congress, 126 democrats. The CR legislation was democrat sponsered and nearly all the democrats voted agin! They went strickly against the democratic agenda and began to vote more and more republican from thence forth. Not that the republican party didn't take advantage of the white supremacist split in the democrat south, they capitalized on it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And who was threatening to take away their possessions?
    Yeah, that was war, Tea. But war isn't what we were talking about, we were talking about what the reason for the war was in the first place. The reason for the war, from the souths perspective, was to maintain slavery, not to stop northern armies from taking their stuff.
    You asked, I answered. If you didn't want to know, why did you ask?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And do you know what "right" it was that the 'states rights south coalition' went to war over. That's right, the right to maintain slavery.
    No, it was the right to secede from the Union - which they had already done. That was spurred by the election of Lincoln because of the probable imbalance of slave/free states if new states were to be allowed in indiscriminately. Yeah, that is because of slavery - but that itself was because of the economic devastation the South anticipated - and later experienced. So ultimately, it's economics.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Duh, no kidding Sherlock. There were only 11 republicans from the south in all of congress, 126 democrats. The CR legislation was democrat sponsered and nearly all the democrats voted agin! They went strickly against the democratic agenda and began to vote more and more republican from thence forth. Not that the republican party didn't take advantage of the white supremacist split in the democrat south, they capitalized on it.
    No, they didn't - the South remained solidly DEMOCRAT until the 1980's and did not become solidly REPUBLICAN until the 1990's - Civil Rights did NOT cause that shift. Leftist leanings in the Democratic Party itself - largely beginning in the 1980's - did that.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hey rogue, ya know how many southern republicans, whether in the House or the Senate voted for the CRA or the VRA in 64 and 65, I believe it was a great big 0. Nough said! The rest of your long winded post isn't worth wasting my time on.
    You do remember saying that particular statistics wasn't relevant to the argument - and I actually agreed - don't you?

0 out of 11 - you seem to miss the important part about how few Republicans were elected in the South at the time.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    You asked, I answered. If you didn't want to know, why did you ask?
    Yes, but you answered my question after reading it out of context which ended up being an answer to a differnt question.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    You do remember saying that particular statistics wasn't relevant to the argument - and I actually agreed - don't you?

0 out of 11 - you seem to miss the important part about how few Republicans were elected in the South at the time.
    Right, but they, ie the republicans, both office holders and the constituency, surged throughout the south shortly thereafter. And that took place long before the 80's and 90's.