Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Racist Tweet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Good, so I don't have to prove you wrong now?
    Ah, so you agree he's ignorant! To the point of treating minorities like they need special help, or "cared for", however -- that is rather racist, as MM pointed out. I just believe Joe's doing it because he's an ignorant old fool.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Sure, I do:

It's an "valid reason" liberals use to avoid admitting their guy is a racist. But when a conservative does the same thing, it becomes "Whataboutism"
      Not bad. Hypocrisy. But unfortunately for you I wasn't being a hypocrite, I showed you the difference between blatant unabashed racists comment and an inarticulately stated comment that biased minds could percieve as racist. Calling a black person a monkey, or a cannibal is racist, confusing poor kids with black kids is not. See the difference? Probably not!

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        The thing is Nixon and Reagan were Republicans when Democrats were doing actual racist things. Like lynchings, bombings, murders, beatings, etc. You’ve been listening to Democrat propaganda again Jimmy.
        When democrats were doing such things, they were dixiecrats, more commonly known today as republicans, that's why they switched to the republican party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Ah, so you agree he's ignorant! To the point of treating minorities like they need special help, or "cared for", however -- that is rather racist, as MM pointed out. I just believe Joe's doing it because he's an ignorant old fool.
          Seems you have a difficult time making up your mind, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            As a political rejoinder, yes, it has become largely meaningless, but the term still has legitimate application. If someone believes that other races are inherently inferior to one's own (and Biden certainly seems to fall into this category) then he is a racist by definition.
            Actually what he stated, in his marble mouthed way, was just the opposite, that poor kids, black kids, are just as intelligent as rich kids. That's not saying they are inferior, it's saying they are the same. You see everything through your biased brain, MM.

Comment

He was probably (in his head) directing that remark to the actual racists he understands to be out there. Also, I don't believe that was Bidens actual statement.
              Wait, you don't know what Biden's actual statement was?

Comment

Seems you have a difficult time making up your mind, CP.
                That's true -- cause I'm trying to be magnanimous toward the old fart, but at least we agree he's pretty much a bumbling old fool.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  He was probably (in his head) directing that remark to the actual racists he understands to be out there. Also, I don't believe that was Bidens actual statement.
                  "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

In Biden's world, all mainstream blacks prior to Obama were inarticulate, mentally dull, dirty, and ugly.

You're right, there's nothing racist about that.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-13-2019, 10:19 AM.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

When democrats were doing such things, they were dixiecrats, more commonly known today as republicans, that's why they switched to the republican party.

Comment

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

In Biden's world, all mainstream blacks prior to Obama were inarticulate, mentally dull, dirty, and ugly.

You're right, there's nothing racist about that.

Comment

Actually what he stated, in his marble mouthed way, was just the opposite, that poor kids, black kids, are just as intelligent as rich kids. That's not saying they are inferior, it's saying they are the same. You see everything through your biased brain, MM.
                        "Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

The obvious implication is that white people are less likely than minorities to be poor, which reveals Biden's low opinion of non-whites.

Comment

The idea that yesterday's Democrats are today's Republicans and vice versa is one of the more absurd political urban legends I've come across.

Comment

The idea that yesterday's Democrats are today's Republicans and vice versa is one of the more absurd political urban legends I've come across.
                            There is the fact, however, that the Democrats seemed to be the "God and Country" party -- now they've abandoned both.

Comment

Most of those Dixiecrats, being yellow dog Democrats, would never switch to the Republican Party. That's why they were called Dixiecrats not Dixiecans.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Most of those Dixiecrats, being yellow dog Democrats, would never switch to the Republican Party. That's why they were called Dixiecrats not Dixiecans.
                                I thought a Dixiecan was where you kept your snuff.

Comment