Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Racist Tweet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Jesse Jackson praises and thanks Donald Trump for a lifetime of service to African Americans

Jackson is just another White Supremacist!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      But you can tell by the way Trump is looking at Jackson that there is raging hate in his heart.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        But you can tell by the way Trump is looking at Jackson that there is raging hate in his heart.
        I caught that too - the seething hatred is just under the surface...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Ya think:

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Jesse Jackson

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/597...-at-this-stage
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            I caught that too - the seething hatred is just under the surface...
            He was thinking "ya know, I could MURDER this man on 5th avenue in broad daylight......"
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Trump had them all fooled for so long. But once he was President, he couldn't hold it in any longer.

Comment

• I'm not making the claim that Trump is a racist but I don't think receiving awards in the past proves anything other than that the recipient donated money to the right people. So it just doesn't strike me as a relevant counterpoint.

Fred Phelps received civil rights awards before becoming famous (he was active in local Democratic politics in the 80s), but he ended up using racist language as part of his crusades, giving the lie to his personal views.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I'm not making the claim that Trump is a racist but I don't think receiving awards in the past proves anything other than that the recipient donated money to the right people. So it just doesn't strike me as a relevant counterpoint.

Fred Phelps received civil rights awards before becoming famous (he was active in local Democratic politics in the 80s), but he ended up using racist language as part of his crusades, giving the lie to his personal views.
                  Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me that Phelps deliberately cultivated the whole Westboro Baptist schtick. I don't consider it indicative of his personal views.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me that Phelps deliberately cultivated the whole Westboro Baptist schtick. I don't consider it indicative of his personal views.
                    But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person.

(Having said that, he was quite obviously senile late in his life. I wonder if this may be going on with Trump as well.)

Also, in Phelps' case, he was active as a local pastor for 30 years before he began crusading, so...
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person.

(Having said that, he was quite obviously senile late in his life. I wonder if this may be going on with Trump as well.)

Also, in Phelps' case, he was active as a local pastor for 30 years before he began crusading, so...
                      He also never bothered getting a seminary degree; wasn't it pretty much always mostly a family affair?
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

He also never bothered getting a seminary degree; wasn't it pretty much always mostly a family affair?
                        Yes on both (I know he dropped out of Bob Jones).

I'm not sure how significant a lack of formal credentials is in the IFB movement, but since I understand that is your background, you would presumably know that more than me.

Comment

I'm not making the claim that Trump is a racist but I don't think receiving awards in the past proves anything other than that the recipient donated money to the right people. So it just doesn't strike me as a relevant counterpoint.

So, while I agree that awards are often just used to reward donors, it is still evidence that at least at that point, Trump wasn't either a racist or regarded as one. Evidence, even if not proof positive, is still evidence. That, and racists aren't usually major contributors to the NAACP, NECO or related organizations...
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Friends and family plan, yup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              So, while I agree that awards are often just used to reward donors, it is still evidence that at least at that point, Trump wasn't either a racist or regarded as one. Evidence, even if not proof positive, is still evidence. That, and racists aren't usually major contributors to the NAACP, NECO or related organizations...
                              The award had nothing to do with Trumps not being a racist. The award was given to him for his work as a successful developer and his German Heritage. The founder of NECO, the organization giving Trump the award, William Denis Fugazy, just happened to be a business associate of Trumps at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                The award had nothing to do with Trumps not being a racist. The award was given to him for his work as a successful developer and his German Heritage. The founder of NECO, the organization giving Trump the award, William Denis Fugazy, just happened to be a business associate of Trumps at the time.
                                Yeah - so you're arguing that a newly founded group would knowingly award their major award to someone that doesn't fit the criteria in hopes that no one would notice? That's so beyond the pale silly that it defies logic.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment