Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Racist Tweet?

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes, anybody who dared to criticize Saint Barack was blasted as a racist.
    Oh please. From birtherism to racist tweets and full-page adds re the Central Park Five and the “squad” etc. etc. Trump has a history of inflaming racial tensions. He’s a racist, he has a long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2019.
    Last edited by Tassman; 07-28-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I personally suspect that he tweets something provocative whenever he wants to distract the news cycle from something and it works every time.
    That's definitely part of it but he's also done it to draw attention to things that the MSM spikes. A good example of this was during the Kavanaugh trial when he "attacked" Ford by listing some of the many holes in her story which until his tweet and the outraged reaction to it (which quoted him) a vast number of Americans were unaware of just how shaky her allegations were.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

3. Amen NorrinRadd, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes, anybody who dared to criticize Saint Barack was blasted as a racist.
    There were long lists of words that were deemed "racist" if associated with Obama including things like "skinny" and "professor." Heck even "Obamacare" was called a racist term until it was pointed out that it was used on the White House website and Obama himself used it in speeches.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

5. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Um, so why wasn't it racist when Bernie Sanders called out the same thing?
    He's a leftist. It's okay.

Back in the 90s Dan Quayle got pilloried for saying that the TV show Murphy Brown glorified single motherhood which typically is associated with economic distress and a whole litany of social ills, but then several months later Bill Clinton said almost exactly the same thing and suddenly the same folks who jumped on Quayle were praising Clinton for his wisdom. And then a year later when Bob Dole repeated it we were right back to attacking the messenger.

Something is only bad if a non-liberal says it.

7. Amen NorrinRadd, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    He's a leftist. It's okay.

Back in the 90s Dan Quayle got pilloried for saying that the TV show Murphy Brown glorified single motherhood which typically is associated with economic distress and a whole litany of social ills, but then several months later Bill Clinton said almost exactly the same thing and suddenly the same folks who jumped on Quayle were praising Clinton for his wisdom. And then a year later when Bob Dole repeated it we were right back to attacking the messenger.

Something is only bad if a non-liberal says it.
    But as I pointed out above, there is hardly a one to one correspondence here. Sanders spoke of one of the most violent cities in the US, whereas Trump spoke of one of its more well to do suburbs. The tu quoque will not do here.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    He was slamming a DEMOCRAT. DEMOCRATS seem to think they have the moral high ground on 'taking care of people', but look at the cities run by DEMOCRATS, some of whom happen to be black.
    00000000000000aaad.jpg

10. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

12. Amen NorrinRadd, Cow Poke, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassmoron View Post
    Oh please. From birtherism to racist tweets and full-page adds re the Central Park Five and the “squad” etc. etc. Trump has a history of inflaming racial tensions. He’s a racist, he has a long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2019.
    Funny thing is, Donald Trump has been in the public eye for decades, but nobody ever accused him of being racist until he dared to run for president.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

14. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Criticism of Baltimore is nothing new. A 2016 op-ed in the Baltimore Sun called the city a "disaster"...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion...109-story.html

And PBS aired a documentary in 2018 about Baltimore's rat infestation...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...oblem-in-2018/

I guess the truth is only racist when Trump says it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

16. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
    For one thing, it's factually not all that accurate, which is no surprise for Trump. He was simply parrotting a Fox News segment he'd just seen. Cummings' district includes some very affluent African American neighborhoods. I think it's Trump's knee-jerk default assumption that a majority black urban district is going to be a rat-infested hell hole. And his proclivity for using the words infest and infestation only in connection with people of color.
    And inhuman! "where no human beings would want to live."

It's the knee-jerk default assumption on the part of the conservatives here on tweb as well, which is why they don't get it. But Trump has made similar comments about many american cities. I would suggest that if he hates this country so much, he should go back to his ancestral home, which I think would have been, according to him, some small town in Nazi Germany.