Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Racist Tweet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    There were long lists of words that were deemed "racist" if associated with Obama including things like "skinny" and "professor." Heck even "Obamacare" was called a racist term until it was pointed out that it was used on the White House website and Obama himself used it in speeches.
    Weak!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      He's a leftist. It's okay.

Back in the 90s Dan Quayle got pilloried for saying that the TV show Murphy Brown glorified single motherhood which typically is associated with economic distress and a whole litany of social ills, but then several months later Bill Clinton said almost exactly the same thing and suddenly the same folks who jumped on Quayle were praising Clinton for his wisdom. And then a year later when Bob Dole repeated it we were right back to attacking the messenger.

Something is only bad if a non-liberal says it.
      People slip up all the time, no one is an exception to that, but Trump has a track record, a long history, so they are not slip ups or mis-speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        Nobody's upset that he was attacking Elijah Cummings, don't be silly. Critiquing political opponents is expected. The issue is that Trump referred to the district Cummings represents as "disgusting, rat and rodent infested". That's a criticism toward the district and/or people in it, not the representative of it. Trump wasn't claiming Elijah Cummings himself is rodent infested.
        But it's OK when Bernie says it's a more like a third world country than a major US city? You people are so predictable --- Orange man said it -- BAD!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          But it's OK when Bernie says it's a more like a third world country than a major US city? You people are so predictable --- Orange man said it -- BAD!!!!
          Bernie and Cummings weren't talking about the same thing. Cummings' district does not include the actual city of Baltimore. It's much nicer. The whole point is there was no real reason for Trump's statement.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Bernie and Cummings weren't talking about the same thing. Cummings' district does not include the actual city of Baltimore. It's much nicer. The whole point is there was no real reason for Trump's statement.
            Yeah, saw your earlier comments after posting.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There's a 2018 video of Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh (a black woman) saying some rather colorful things about Cummings' district.

"What the hell – we should just take all this [expletive] down. Ooh, you can smell the rats..."

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...istrict-video/

But I guess it's only racist when Trump says it.
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 07-29-2019, 08:41 AM.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                There's a 2018 video of Baltimore Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh (a black woman) saying some rather colorful things about Cummings' district.

"What the hell – we should just take all this [expletive] down. Ooh, you can smell the rats..."

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...istrict-video/

But I guess it's only racist when Trump says it.
                And let's not forget it was Cummings who started this, lying about the conditions on the border (kids sitting in their own crap and such) and berating the border officials. He was lying and grandstanding...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  And let's not forget it was Cummings who started this, lying about the conditions on the border (kids sitting in their own crap and such) and berating the border officials. He was lying and grandstanding...
                  But he always looks like such a kind, loving, understanding grandfatherly type.

cummings1.jpgcummings2.jpgcummings3.jpeg

Comment

Here is an interesting perspective from Monica Showalter

President Trump has done it again.

Just as he forced Democrats to defend the far-left 'Squad' in his unexpected ambush on Rep. Ilhan Omar and her pals, he's now forcing Democrats to own the urban shambles and filth that characterize one-party blue-city rule, putting all Democrats on their backfoot. That's what's behind his surprise Twitter assault that began with Rep. Elijah Cummings and his rat-infested Baltimore district, which pretty much came out of the blue.

That's EGGzackly what's happening - he's forcing Democrats to go on the record defending CRAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Here is an interesting perspective from Monica Showalter

President Trump has done it again.

Just as he forced Democrats to defend the far-left 'Squad' in his unexpected ambush on Rep. Ilhan Omar and her pals, he's now forcing Democrats to own the urban shambles and filth that characterize one-party blue-city rule, putting all Democrats on their backfoot. That's what's behind his surprise Twitter assault that began with Rep. Elijah Cummings and his rat-infested Baltimore district, which pretty much came out of the blue.

That's EGGzackly what's happening - he's forcing Democrats to go on the record defending CRAP.
                      No, he's forcing democrats to defend against his ongoing, continuous and divisive racism while he's painting you and the entire of republican party as racists.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        No, he's forcing democrats to defend against his ongoing, continuous and divisive racism while he's painting you and the entire of republican party as racists.
                        Jim in this last exchange what exactly was racist about his tweets?
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Jim in this last exchange what exactly was racist about his tweets?
                          He's criticizing a place where most of the citizens happen to be black. Duh.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            He's criticizing a place where most of the citizens happen to be black. Duh.
                            It's not merely that it's criticism. Let's not pretend there aren't other historical associations with rats/vermin, the specific language he used.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It's not merely that it's criticism. Let's not pretend there aren't other historical associations with rats/vermin, the specific language he used.
                              Let's not pretend that Trump uses language with precision and forethought, either.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Are you suggesting that only minorities live in rat infested hellholes? You sound like a racist.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment