Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Racist Tweet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    No, he's forcing democrats to defend against his ongoing, continuous and divisive racism while he's painting you and the entire of republican party as racists.
    See? It's WORKING!!! He's in your head, making you defend the failure of Democrat Policies! GOOD JIM, Jobby!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Let's not pre ortend that Trump uses language with precision and forethought, either.
      And nevermind that the city is infested with literal rats.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Let's not pretend that Trump uses language with precision and forethought, either.
        It's a reasonable question given that he's going after a suburban district, not the actual city.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          It's a reasonable question given that he's going after a suburban district, not the actual city.
          You keep saying that --- you think he's actually aware that he's going after a "suburban district", or was that specific in his rant?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No offense, but did you actually read my post? You're sort of validating my point while ostensibly pushing back at it.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              You keep saying that --- you think he's actually aware that he's going after a "suburban district", or was that specific in his rant?
              It was specific, yes. The tweet said "Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.". He made clear elsewhere in his rant that he was focusing on Cummings' district.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

No offense, but did you actually read my post? You're sort of validating my point while ostensibly pushing back at it.
                Yes, but I reject the idea that a lack of precision can somehow insulate him from criticism. We can't read his mind; we can only interpret what he says, not what we think he might have meant.

Comment

He's criticizing a place where most of the citizens happen to be black. Duh.
                  I think he is criticizing the leadership and Cummings hypocrisy.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It was specific, yes. The tweet said "Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.". He made clear elsewhere in his rant that he was focusing on Cummings' district.
                    Meh, I think he was just trying to tie Cummings to Baltimore, and didn't expect anybody to take that tweet with precision. I think he likes to stir things up, and doesn't really care about the details. I've been to Baltimore, most recently for the Southern Baptist Convention a few years ago, and was amazed how much the city "changes" when you walk just a few blocks from the convention center. I have no idea who's district is what. I just know that Mrs CP and I went for a walk, and it wasn't long before a Baltimore cop was suggesting we turn around and go back to the city part. (The big riots happened shortly after that, but we had nothing to do with that!)

Comment

The big riots happened shortly after that, but we had nothing to do with that!
                      Don't try to clean it up...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Don't try to clean it up...
                        OK, lemme rephrase... there is no evidence we had anything to do with that.

Comment

OK, lemme rephrase... there is no evidence we had anything to do with that.
                          Better...

Comment

No dog in this fight, but doesn't Cumming's district include West Baltimore? Like one of the most dangerous areas of Baltimore? Most of my knowledge of West Baltimore (and Baltimore in general) comes from The Wire, but doesn't really look like a comfortable, low crime place to live.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              I think he is criticizing the leadership and Cummings hypocrisy.
                              Of course he is, but since Cummings is black, that makes Trump's criticism automatically racist. At least that's the "logic" employed by liberals.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Of course he is, but since Cummings is black, that makes Trump's criticism automatically racist. At least that's the "logic" employed by liberals.
                                Kinda like when Pelosi criticizes AOC or the Squad, it's perfectly OK, even though AOC TRIED to make it about "women of color" --- Pelosi didn't get any "racism" washed over her.

Comment