Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Will The Global Warming Hysterics Never Tire Of Being Wrong?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Yeah, FIRST you do without your jet - THEN talk to me about my car.
    It truly is amazing how many of the loudest environmental champions are "do as I say, not as I do" types.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

2. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It truly is amazing how many of the loudest environmental champions are "do as I say, not as I do" types.
    Which reveals their true motivation is NOT what they claim.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

4. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    There are very valid security reasons for a couple like Harry and Meghan to avoid public transportation. If they could travel safely and without undues stress from the crowds and papourazzi on comercial planes you'd have a point - but they cant.

Jim

6. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It is stupid to criticize that. There are very valid security reasons for a couple like Harry and Meghan to avoid public transportation. If they could travel safely and without undues stress from the crowds and papourazzi on comercial planes you'd have a point - but they cant.

Jim
    Was this a necessary trip? Do you know why they were going? Harry had just promised to cut their carbon footprint.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Which reveals their true motivation is NOT what they claim.
    This action doesn't reveal anything of the sort. You can't put two of the most poular royals in the last two decades and their baby on public transportation without creating a massive specticle along with a long list security concerns and inconvenience to their fellow travelers.

Jim

9. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This action doesn't reveal anything of the sort. You can't put two of the most poular royals in the last two decades and their baby on public transportation without creating a massive specticle along with a long list security concerns and inconvenience to their fellow travelers.

Jim
    Jim, the guy promised to reduce their carbon footprint, then goes on this wildly expensive private jet for what purpose? He has made himself a player in the climate debate, so he should live by example.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Was this a necessary trip? Do you know why they were going? Harry had just promised to cut their carbon footprint.
    I believe it is not valid to claim this proves they are insincere or hypocritical. Global warming is a problem and it is good they are advocates for change. But they have not taken a vow of poverty nor can they travel in obscurity like the rest of us.

Jim

12. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I believe it is not valid to claim this proves they are insincere or hypocritical. Global warming is a problem and it is good they are advocates for change. But they have not taken a vow of poverty nor can they travel in obscurity like the rest of us.

Jim
    So, if they are preaching the necessity for drastic measures the rest of us must make, do you think it's a good idea for them to....

A) take a private Jet to a resort in Italy to celebrate her birthday?
    2) for her to take a private jet to New York to go shopping?

Would you defend those actions?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jim
    Jim, I'm genuinely surprised that you're defending the actions of these spoiled brats.... What purpose do they serve? The "Royals" live lavishly on the backs of the UK's taxpayers.

Harry and Meghan's Wedding Is a Reminder That Britain Doesn't Need the Royals

They blow money like crazy, living in extreme luxury, and this whole 'jet-set' thing is just part of that "we're special, we can spend tax payer money on anything we want", and the Brits eat it up.

Who are they to lecture anybody on making sacrifices? And why are you defending that crap?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, if they are preaching the necessity for drastic measures the rest of us must make, do you think it's a good idea for them to....

A) take a private Jet to a resort in Italy to celebrate her birthday?
    2) for her to take a private jet to New York to go shopping?

Would you defend those actions?
    1) my reply is talking about the criticism they didn't take a commercial airliner to their destination. That would be impractical and enormously expensive (security) and inconvenient to their fellow travelers (security).

2) No - they should probably tone it down a bit if they are advocating for any sort of significant sacrifice from others.

3) Government programs to encourage the development of clean energy from renewables or simply recognizing there is a problem and putting measures in place that keep us moving in a direction that can make a difference in the rising CO2 levels does not require the sort of 'self-sacrifice' that would require people like the royals to suddenly start living like the guy down the street for us to be able to believe they are sincere in their advocacy for change as it relates to AGW.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

16. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.