Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will The Global Warming Hysterics Never Tire Of Being Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    True, but one is WAY more important...
    Absolutely - just wanted to preempt one of the climate activists saying you don't care about this physical existence at all.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Absolutely - just wanted to preempt one of the climate activists saying you don't care about this physical existence at all.
      I would match my carbon foot print with anyone here! I freeze in the winter and swelter in the summer... And drive very little.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I would match my carbon foot print with anyone here! I freeze in the winter and swelter in the summer... And drive very little.
        Yeah, you've probably seen my screed, at least in part, that we (as farmers/ranchers) were raised to be environmentalists, because we knew our livelihood depended on the resources at our disposal. Beside that, I was taught as a Christian about Stewardship, and that include our planet.

I get tired of the wacko people who try to present Christians as "they don't care about the planet, because God is going to save them from it" or whatever.

While I'm on the planet, I'll be a good steward, but the Good Lord didn't design the planet to be eternal.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You should sell carbon credits!

Comment

This is exactly what Satan would say.
            Personally, I don’t know the dude, but it sounds like he knows what he’s talking about. He might be in a better position to know what goes on behind the scenes.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Personally, I don’t know the dude
              You just don't know that you know him.

but it sounds like he knows what he’s talking about. He might be in a better position to know what goes on behind the scenes.
              To an extent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                You should sell carbon credits!
                I tried but Gore was busy flying on his private jet...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think I will buy a bag of charcoal and sell the briquets on ebay as carbon credits.

Comment

You just don't know that you know him.

To an extent.
                    Climate change - toxoplasmosis - violent crimes, are linked. All sorts of surprising changes are happening now.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      Climate change - toxoplasmosis - violent crimes, are linked. All sorts of surprising changes are happening now.
                      The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        And this is why I oppose any such policy change - you spent more time attacking me than the argument. Also, the article used quotes that DO NOT say what you say they mean.

You aren't proving the case - you're making it look like a hoax!
                        I had three lines out of 19 that are talking about people being ignorant, two that include 'you' in that list. So - no. I did not spend more time attacking you than making an argument. Indeed, those 3 statements, on a time per word bases, took far less time than making sure my facts were correct on the remainder.

The remainder (did you read it?) summarizes basic facts as they are and gives a description of the misunderstanding and misrepresentation of the article in the OP. So I'm not making anything 'look like a hoax'. The facts are the facts.

temperature rise:

annual_temperature_anomalies_2014.jpg

CO2 the last million years or so:

paleo_CO2_2017_620.gif

methane rise over a similar time period:

Atmospheric_Concentrations_of_Methane_Over_Time.jpg

And I already posted a link to an article on the change in arctic ice age and extent.

The point is that we act soon, or we do not limit global temperature rise to 1.5 degrees Celsius. And the OP article's attempt to mock that doesn't change the reality of that being the implications of the data.

Jim
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-30-2019, 03:11 PM.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          I had three lines out of 19 that are talking about people being ignorant, two that include 'you' in that list. So - no. I did not spend more time attacking you than making an argument. Indeed, those 3 statements, on a time per word bases, took far less time than making sure my facts were correct on the remainder.

The remainder (did you read it?) summarizes basic facts as they are and gives a description of the misunderstanding and misrepresentation of the article in the OP. So I'm not making anything 'look like a hoax'. The facts are the facts.

temperature rise:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38719[/ATTACH]

CO2 the last million years or so:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38720[/ATTACH]

methane rise over a similar time period:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38721[/ATTACH]

And I already posted a link to an article on the change in arctic ice age and extent.

The point is that we act soon, or we do not limit global temperature rise to 1.5 degrees Celsius. And the OP article's attempt to mock that doesn't change the reality of that being the implications of the data.

Jim
                          What I got was 'stupid people like you blah blah blah'. Yep, I read it - and I'm more convinced the whole thing is a hoax as a direct result. You didn't address MY concerns AT ALL.

You will only assume I won't listen when the truth is you are damaging you own case by insisting on being a jerk. And once again, your VERY FIRST POST in a thread is an attack piece, attacking the people, not the ideas.

You may now whine about how unfair I'm being - but I didn't attack you; YOU ATTACKED ME.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

<personal grudge vent>
                            Sorry - nothing of substance to respond to.

Jim
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-30-2019, 04:40 PM.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Sorry - nothing of substance to respond to.

Jim
                              Oxmixmudd proves global warming is a hoax. Film at eleven.

It's okay when YOU play nasty with others - but they aren't allowed to push back. Got it.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

<another rant>

Jim

Comment