Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Will The Global Warming Hysterics Never Tire Of Being Wrong?

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Yet we are still building wind mills and solar farms at a rapid rate.
    Certainly, because there are many US States that recognize the insanity of Trump’s withdrawal from the Paris Agreement and are committed to upholding it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-s...reement-2017-6
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post

I have a hard time believing that Conservatives can't propose solutions to climate change.
    Newsflash, sky not falling. Have good day.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Certainly, because there are many US States that recognize the insanity of Trump’s withdrawal from the Paris Agreement and are committed to upholding it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-s...reement-2017-6
    You mean like conservative Texas that has the largest wind farms in the US? No, the costs of wind and solar are going down making them more competitive. And remember your country is not even on track to meet the Paris accords. So get off your high horse...
    Last edited by seer; 08-07-2019 at 03:10 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

4. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Coal mines have strip mined entire mountains, and stockpiled oceans of toxic slurry from the burned mineral coal. There is absolutely no comparison between wind and coal here. Wind could scale up more than a dozen times and not be significant compared to coal in comparison to environmental effects.
    Back in the 1970s, maybe strip-mines destroyed entire ecosystems, but for the last 40 or so years they have been regulated to restore what they tear down. They strip-mined the mountain behind my Grandpa's house in the 1980s and looking at it today you can't tell the difference before they started. They replaced all of the soil and replanted the trees. And also most mines in Appalachia are underground mines.

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Back in the 1970s, maybe strip-mines destroyed entire ecosystems, but for the last 40 or so years they have been regulated to restore what they tear down. They strip-mined the mountain behind my Grandpa's house in the 1980s and looking at it today you can't tell the difference before they started. They replaced all of the soil and replanted the trees. And also most mines in Appalachia are underground mines.
    The irony, of course, is that a lot of "green" technologies such as electric car batteries and solar panels depend on large quantities of rare earth metals that are often strip mined in countries like India and China that have loose -- or even non-existent-- environmental regulations.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    We have a number of strip-mined areas around Texas that you'd never know were ever strip-mined. They even have environmentalists on staff to oversee the removal and storage of the top soil, with a complete plan for restoration, and when the mining is done, it's put back in such a way that it becomes a park or a golf course or something beautiful.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

10. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The irony, of course, is that a lot of "green" technologies such as electric car batteries and solar panels depend on large quantities of rare earth metals that are often strip mined in countries like India and China that have loose -- or even non-existent-- environmental regulations.
    And when they are used up, they end up in land fills, poisoning the environment even more.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    We have a number of strip-mined areas around Texas that you'd never know were ever strip-mined. They even have environmentalists on staff to oversee the removal and storage of the top soil, with a complete plan for restoration, and when the mining is done, it's put back in such a way that it becomes a park or a golf course or something beautiful.
    Yeah, They make a bigger mess of mountains just putting in roads back in Appalachia. They will cut right through mountains and hills with dynamite and cut switchbacks into mountains too large to blow up.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    From what I recall, even the manufacturing process for such produces an inordinate amount of hazardous waste.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

14. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    From what I recall, even the manufacturing process for such produces an inordinate amount of hazardous waste.
    Interesting. Do you have a link or anything?
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.