Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will The Global Warming Hysterics Never Tire Of Being Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, if they are preaching the necessity for drastic measures the rest of us must make, do you think it's a good idea for them to....

A) take a private Jet to a resort in Italy to celebrate her birthday?
    2) for her to take a private jet to New York to go shopping?

Would you defend those actions?
    The behavior of some does not invalidate the general consensus that global warming is an undeniable fact according the vast majority of climate scientists.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...factsheet.html

Substantive action is required sooner rather than later as per the Paris agreement and a significant number of US States (despite Trump’s denial of the facts and withdrawal from the Paris Agreement).
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      The behavior of some does not invalidate the general consensus that global warming is an undeniable fact according the vast majority of climate scientists.
      I never said it did, genius.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...factsheet.html

Substantive action is required sooner rather than later as per the Paris agreement and a significant number of US States (despite Trump’s denial of the facts and withdrawal from the Paris Agreement).

Even the countries who have signed on to the Paris Agreement don't believe their own hype. The only reason they're mad at Trump for pulling out is because he bolted shut the door of our treasury and told them to go mooch off of somebody else.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Even the countries who have signed on to the Paris Agreement don't believe their own hype. The only reason they're mad at Trump for pulling out is because he bolted shut the door of our treasury and told them to go mooch off of somebody else.
          That would be an idea out of a fantasy book or web site, it does not reflect reality, nor does it reflect well on the high level of intelligence you clearly possess. The reality is that the US is the second largest contributor of CO2. And we are the largest by 50% in terms or per capita CO2. The US withdrawing from the Paris agreement is a significant hit on its potential to be effective. China- the largest contributor, has remained 'in'. Russia has said it 'will sign by the end of 2019', but I would guess the US position is not helping that possibility.

Getting the largest emitters on board is critical to its potential for success. The loss of the US is significant not for the reason you cite above, but because we need to get all three superpowers on board for it to work, and as long as the US is 'out', the other two have reason to believe it puts them at a disadvantage to be 'in'. Not to mention the fact that our acceptance or rejection of any global initiative has a major influence on its potential success and adoption by lessor powers.

'with great power comes great responsibility'.

Unfortunately, the current administration and its support base don't understand that concept.

We are a world leader, and we have a responsibility not just to ourselves to be a positive influence in the world. We have the majority of the world's wealth and are still the no. 1 military power in the world. We can't just think about what is good for 'us'.

Especially those of us that proclaim that we follow Christ. Christ had some of His hardest words for the rich and those that take advantage of the poor.

Jim
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-19-2019, 08:32 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I never said it did, genius.
            Tassman is - in fact - one of the more intelligent contributors to this website and to these conversations. You would be better off to research the points he makes than to dismiss them with sarcasm.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              Tassman is - in fact - one of the more intelligent contributors to this website and to these conversations. You would be better off to research the points he makes than to dismiss them with sarcasm.

Jim
              Let him address what I actually said, Jim. You too!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The reality is that the US is the second largest contributor of CO2.
                The reality is that CO2 is a trace gas and has little if any impact on global temperatures.

In general, does CO2 correlate with temperature in climate history?

The answer is often yes on “medium” timescales, but no on “short” timescales and also no on the very longest timescales of all. If one looks at all three timescales, overall observations are consistent with temperature rise causing the oceans to release part of their dissolved CO2 after substantial lag time, yet not consistent with CO2 being the primary driver of climate.

Over the past few hundred thousand years of ice core data, a “medium” time scale in this sense, CO2 superficially appears to change in step with temperature...

Yet, what about a closer look at a “short” time scale, the past few thousand years instead? [...] A lack of correlation between temperatures (in the above from a Greenland ice core) and atmospheric CO2 becomes very apparent at that timescale and level of detail.

As can be seen, there was major decline in temperatures from the 1930s to the 1960s. CO2 emissions went up constantly meanwhile, in utter lack of correlation not fitting the theory of CO2 being the primary climate driver. What does fit for more correlation there is solar activity, both solar irradiance and the solar-driven interplanetary magnetic field affecting. [...] Even on a time scale of a century, CO2 trends do not correlate with temperature well...

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/04/...n-et-al-paper/

Comment

Tassman is - in fact - one of the more intelligent contributors to this website and to these conversations.
                  Okay, this has to be sarcasm.

Comment

Okay, this has to be sarcasm.
                    No, just a clear case of "makes points I agree with" = "intelligent".
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The reality is that CO2 is a trace gas and has little if any impact on global temperatures.

In general, does CO2 correlate with temperature in climate history?

The answer is often yes on “medium” timescales, but no on “short” timescales and also no on the very longest timescales of all. If one looks at all three timescales, overall observations are consistent with temperature rise causing the oceans to release part of their dissolved CO2 after substantial lag time, yet not consistent with CO2 being the primary driver of climate.

Over the past few hundred thousand years of ice core data, a “medium” time scale in this sense, CO2 superficially appears to change in step with temperature...

Yet, what about a closer look at a “short” time scale, the past few thousand years instead? [...] A lack of correlation between temperatures (in the above from a Greenland ice core) and atmospheric CO2 becomes very apparent at that timescale and level of detail.

As can be seen, there was major decline in temperatures from the 1930s to the 1960s. CO2 emissions went up constantly meanwhile, in utter lack of correlation not fitting the theory of CO2 being the primary climate driver. What does fit for more correlation there is solar activity, both solar irradiance and the solar-driven interplanetary magnetic field affecting. [...] Even on a time scale of a century, CO2 trends do not correlate with temperature well...

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/04/...n-et-al-paper/
                      This is just wrong.

Temperature-change-and-carbon-dioxide-change-measured-from-the-EPICA-Dome-C-ice-core-in-Antarcti.jpg

from

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/global-war...erature-change

similar data can be found

https://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/last_400k_yrs.html

The other thing to keep in mind is that we have surpassed CO2 levels at any time in the last 3 million years.

Jim

Comment

This is just wrong.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39149[/ATTACH]

from

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/global-war...erature-change

similar data can be found

https://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/last_400k_yrs.html

The other thing to keep in mind is that we have surpassed CO2 levels at any time in the last 3 million years.

Jim
                        Reading his link, they actually use that same chart you just posted to make their point. I am guessing you didn't bother to even read it?

Comment

• Am I mistaken in the belief that every human being and animal on the planet expels CO2 each time they exhale?

And that plants use the CO2 and release oxygen?

So, isn't CO2 actually good to have, because otherwise all the plants would die and then so would we?

Are we to eliminate human life and animal life to stop the horrendous outflow of this deadly gas, and then allow the plants to also die, so that the planet might be saved?

I don't understand fanatic environmentalists. They seem plain stupid. And they ignore basic science.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            Am I mistaken in the belief that every human being and animal on the planet expels CO2 each time they exhale?

And that plants use the CO2 and release oxygen?

So, isn't CO2 actually good to have, because otherwise all the plants would die and then so would we?

Are we to eliminate human life and animal life to stop the horrendous outflow of this deadly gas, and then allow the plants to also die, so that the planet might be saved?

I don't understand fanatic environmentalists. They seem plain stupid. And they ignore basic science.
                            I think their argument is that we are putting out too much CO2 and we are also chopping down forests which all results in an imbalance in CO2, and it is rising.

Comment

• Originally posted by sparko View Post
                              i think their argument is that we are putting out too much co2 and we are also chopping down forests which all results in an imbalance in co2, and it is rising.
                              plant more trees!
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                plant more trees!

And stop breathing so much!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment