Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Will The Global Warming Hysterics Never Tire Of Being Wrong?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I think the point is not to lessen the Co2 levels, but to first stop the increase of the existent atmospheric Co2 levels which increase will hasten the warming trend. The point is to stop it from getting worse to the point that the consequeces will be disastrous for the world. When the atmospheric C02 levels stop rising, then we can figure out how to bring those levels down, or at least keep them stable so as to not cause any more damage to the environment than has already occured.
    Indeed. Lowering the levels is a far more difficult problem. And the truth is those complaining about the royals just find them a convenient distraction from the problem, which is the rise in co2 which is driving temeratures up. A rich person's potential hypocrisy is mostly meaningless in terms of the actual problem and its solution.

Jim

2. Amen Tassman, JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, using private jets is not that bad, especially when celebrities use them while preaching drastic climate change measures?
    That’s not what I said.

It seems to me that the rich and famous preaching climate change while jetting around in very expensive private jets is on a par with TV preachers preaching sacrificial giving while jetting around in very expensive private jets.

Both are hypocrisy.
    Indeed. But calling out the hypocrisy of a few celebrity royals or preachers does not address the issue of global warming and its damage to the environment being caused humans overall. This is my point.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The reason that Greenland is such attractive real estate is Global Warming. China wants it too.

The great danger is that we reach a tipping point beyond which even zero emissions won’t save us. When the last Christian dies, he will have murdered Jesus.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    The reason that Greenland is such attractive real estate is Global Warming. China wants it too.

The great danger is that we reach a tipping point beyond which even zero emissions won’t save us. When the last Christian dies, he will have murdered Jesus.
    I think you need to have your doc dial down your meds about 3 notches.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    And the truth is those complaining about the royals just find them a convenient distraction from the problem, which is the rise in co2 which is driving temeratures up.
    I'm honestly not sure if you're deliberately misrepresenting "those complaining" or accusing them of lying, because this is certainly not anything "those complaining" have said. Either way, I'd appreciate it if you quit being a jerk. Facts MIGHT persuade people. Being a jerk, not so much.
    A rich person's potential hypocrisy is mostly meaningless in terms of the actual problem and its solution.
    ...except for it giving those looking on a convenient rationale for not bothering to do anything (sorta like being a jerk does).

Like others here, I am bewildered by your fervid defense of hypocrisy.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

8. Amen Cow Poke, mossrose, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Like others here, I am bewildered by your fervid defense of hypocrisy.
    Quite honestly baffling.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, that is true. I am not debating that. If you don't have any way to pull CO2 back out of the atmosphere, then that would be a different scenario.
    We don't have a way to pull out as much as we are putting in, so my point was that carbon credits are a joke. IF the situation is as bad as the scaremongers say it is. Until we can reach a balance, we need to be reducing all we can, not finding ways to "excuse" our pollution by trading what other people are doing. The overall net effect of using carbon credits is just slowing down how fast we are killing ourselves. Our goal should be to stop killing ourselves, right?

I see them advocating for fighting climate change and asking all of us - including themselves - to make changes in the way we do things so that it helps or is consistent with that goal. If they take a trip, but pay to reduce CO2 in the atmosphere by as much as or more than what they have created, then they are changing their way of doing things so it is consistent with that goal.

Jim
    You may see it that way, but many other people don't. That is what we are saying. The perception is that they are hypocrites who are promoting "do as I say, not as I do" and the end result is that they have chopped their message off at the knees. They lose credibility and people mock them and come to the conclusion that the problem must not be as dire as they make it out to be.

If their goal is to convince people that global warming is real and an imminent danger, they are not doing their job because people who already doubt that global warming is a thing, just look at their apparent hypocrisy and say "see? we told you it was all made up!"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Indeed. Lowering the levels is a far more difficult problem. And the truth is those complaining about the royals just find them a convenient distraction from the problem, which is the rise in co2 which is driving temeratures up. A rich person's potential hypocrisy is mostly meaningless in terms of the actual problem and its solution.

Jim
    But we are not even stopping the INCREASE at this moment, not even with carbon credits. The end result is we are still putting out more CO2 than the earth can handle. We want a balance. We don't have that. And as long as you excuse the rich people's hypocrisy, you have no right to tell anyone else that they have to do something to fix the problem. Because MY carbon footprint is way lower than Al Gores. Even with me being completely wasteful and driving a gas car or burning coal in my furnace.

12. Amen mossrose, Cow Poke, Teallaura, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    But we are not even stopping the INCREASE at this moment, not even with carbon credits. The end result is we are still putting out more CO2 than the earth can handle. We want a balance. We don't have that. And as long as you excuse the rich people's hypocrisy, you have no right to tell anyone else that they have to do something to fix the problem. Because MY carbon footprint is way lower than Al Gores. Even with me being completely wasteful and driving a gas car or burning coal in my furnace.
    It amazes me that, with the INCREDIBLY DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES that the climate activists are preaching, they seem content to have a "carbon neutral" goal. If the Royals want to jet their little butts to happy little vacations with other rich and famous people, then they should SHUT THE HECK UP about telling me what kind of life to live.

It absolutely baffles me that Jim defends that crap.

14. Amen mossrose, Sparko, Teallaura, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Let's all eat a box of donuts and then offset it with a jog around the block while lecturing others to practice moderation. There's nothing hypocritical about that, right? Right?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra