Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Will The Global Warming Hysterics Never Tire Of Being Wrong?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I bought a wi-fi 7 day programmable thermostat, and set it up on a schedule, including little to no air or heat when we're not home. If I decided to come home early, I can just use the app on my phone to make that adjustment before I head home. Otherwise, we like sleeping cool at night, but waking up to "just right" temperature for showers and stuff.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I used to keep it on 76 summer or winter - now, I can't take getting too hot.

And really can't take getting too cold!

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I bought a wi-fi 7 day programmable thermostat, and set it up on a schedule, including little to no air or heat when we're not home. If I decided to come home early, I can just use the app on my phone to make that adjustment before I head home. Otherwise, we like sleeping cool at night, but waking up to "just right" temperature for showers and stuff.
    We use a programmable thermostat as well. But I don't have a smart phone to play with it. It has different times on so we can lower the temp as night comes on and raise it in the early morning before we start the day.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    We use a programmable thermostat as well. But I don't have a smart phone to play with it. It has different times on so we can lower the temp as night comes on and raise it in the early morning before we start the day.
    I replaced all EIGHT thermostats at the Church with wi-fi thermostats, and we saved YUGE money. People would have a one hour meeting, and turn the thermostat down to like 60 because they are deluded into thinking that will cool faster, then forget to turn it back up when the meeting is over.

We would literally come into the office to find it had run at 60 all night, or all weekend. Plus, the 4 thermostats for the sanctuary used to be turned on at end of business on Thursday (closed Friday) and have to run all weekend to be cool for Sunday morning. Now they're programmed to be at a certain temperature at 10 AM, and the thermostats automatically check the outside temperature and calculate what time they need to turn on during the night to reach that temperature.

YUGE savings!!!! YUGE!!!!

5. Amen mossrose, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I replaced all EIGHT thermostats at the Church with wi-fi thermostats, and we saved YUGE money. People would have a one hour meeting, and turn the thermostat down to like 60 because they are deluded into thinking that will cool faster, then forget to turn it back up when the meeting is over.

We would literally come into the office to find it had run at 60 all night, or all weekend. Plus, the 4 thermostats for the sanctuary used to be turned on at end of business on Thursday (closed Friday) and have to run all weekend to be cool for Sunday morning. Now they're programmed to be at a certain temperature at 10 AM, and the thermostats automatically check the outside temperature and calculate what time they need to turn on during the night to reach that temperature.

YUGE savings!!!! YUGE!!!!
    If - hopefully when - I buy the house I'm in now, I want this kind of set up on the minisplits I plan to have installed.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    If - hopefully when - I buy the house I'm in now, I want this kind of set up on the minisplits I plan to have installed.
    Yeah, and the really good 7 day programmable ones are only like $99. (Many have a 5 day / weekend setup that pretty much allows for a "same setting all week" and different on weekends. The 7 day allows you to have different weekdays, different Saturday, different Sunday... important for us Sunday-go-to-meetin folks)

8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, and the really good 7 day programmable ones are only like $99. (Many have a 5 day / weekend setup that pretty much allows for a "same setting all week" and different on weekends. The 7 day allows you to have different weekdays, different Saturday, different Sunday... important for us Sunday-go-to-meetin folks)
    which one do you have CP?

I have been looking at getting one, but I want it to not only work through an app, but standalone. If I ever sell the house I also want the new owner to be able to access it and lock me out. So it would need a way to reset the link to the app from the device.

10. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    which one do you have CP?

I have been looking at getting one, but I want it to not only work through an app, but standalone. If I ever sell the house I also want the new owner to be able to access it and lock me out. So it would need a way to reset the link to the app from the device.
    EGGzackly... Wow, it's come down TWENTY BUCKS!!!! It has its own FREE web interface, as well as phone apps... Plus, it integrates easily with Alexa.

tstat.jpg

Honeywell Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat with Wi-Fi Compatibility

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    EGGzackly... Wow, it's come down TWENTY BUCKS!!!! It has its own FREE web interface, as well as phone apps... Plus, it integrates easily with Alexa.

tstat.jpg

Honeywell Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat with Wi-Fi Compatibility

I'd get it - if I had something to hook it up to!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post

I'd get it - if I had something to hook it up to!
    That'll come.

14. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.