Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Will The Global Warming Hysterics Never Tire Of Being Wrong?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    While we're (sorta) on it - and we've derailed the thread again - how hard is it to set up lights (not lamps) to be run via wifi?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    While we're (sorta) on it - and we've derailed the thread again - how hard is it to set up lights (not lamps) to be run via wifi?
    Actually pretty easy - lemme find the wall switches I bought.... I haven't messed with the 3-way ones, but for a simple on/off switch, easy peasy. You can even put them in groups, like in the morning I walk into the living room and say "Alexa, turn on morning", and the Living room, kitchen and piano lights all come on.

smart switch.jpg
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

3. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thanks!

5. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thanks!
    I like to buy the ones that have at least a thousand reviews, and a high percentage of them positive. Some of these are not so easy to set up, but you'll find that in the comments and evaluations.

I've had no problem with the ones I've bought, and most of the switches in my house are smart switches, along with a number of smart plugs. I can even tell Alexa "set home thermostat to 74", and in a few seconds, it's set.

All of my exterior lights are on smart switches, and grouped as "outside", so Mrs CP can just say "Alexa, turn on outside" - and all of the security lights, back yard lights, shop lights.... they all come on at once.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I like to buy the ones that have at least a thousand reviews, and a high percentage of them positive. Some of these are not so easy to set up, but you'll find that in the comments and evaluations.

I've had no problem with the ones I've bought, and most of the switches in my house are smart switches, along with a number of smart plugs. I can even tell Alexa "set home thermostat to 74", and in a few seconds, it's set.

All of my exterior lights are on smart switches, and grouped as "outside", so Mrs CP can just say "Alexa, turn on outside" - and all of the security lights, back yard lights, shop lights.... they all come on at once.
    Cool! When the time comes, it'll be an electrician installing the thing - but I'll be sure and check it out thoroughly first!

8. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    - and we've derailed the thread again -
    But of course you have.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post

So that honeywell thermostat works with Alexa too?

How hard is it to install?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So that honeywell thermostat works with Alexa too?

How hard is it to install?
    It's really a piece of cake - they stress that you need a "c" wire in the thermostat wiring bundle, but most houses have that unless they're really old.

And, yes, we have NINE (8 at the church and one at home) thermostats on one account, and I can even tell Alexa from home to cool down my Church office before I get there.

There are only a few of us who have the account, so anybody having a meeting or doing anything at the church that wasn't programmed can just text us and we can turn on heat or air from anywhere in the world.

12. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Why would the Obamas buy a beach front house that will probably be underwater in ten years?

Barack and Michelle Obama are buying a $15M estate in Martha’s Vineyard

190822-barack-michelle-obama-marthas-vineyard-50.jpg

https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/barack...thas-vineyard/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

14. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Why would the Obamas buy a beach front house that will probably be underwater in ten years?

Barack and Michelle Obama are buying a $15M estate in Martha’s Vineyard

190822-barack-michelle-obama-marthas-vineyard-50.jpg

https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/barack...thas-vineyard/
    It will take a lot more than 10 years to see that much sea-level rise. 1 meter is the 100 year guess right now. the house is way more than 1 meter up.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"