Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Will The Global Warming Hysterics Never Tire Of Being Wrong?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jim, I'm genuinely surprised that you're defending the actions of these spoiled brats.... What purpose do they serve? The "Royals" live lavishly on the backs of the UK's taxpayers.

Harry and Meghan's Wedding Is a Reminder That Britain Doesn't Need the Royals

They blow money like crazy, living in extreme luxury, and this whole 'jet-set' thing is just part of that "we're special, we can spend tax payer money on anything we want", and the Brits eat it up.

Who are they to lecture anybody on making sacrifices? And why are you defending that crap?
    I'm not 'defending the actions of these spoiled brats'. I'm saying your criticism they should have taken a commercial jet to their destination is unfounded. They have security concerns others do not have and for them to travel by commercial jet is not practical.

And I could turn it around and ask why you are not critical of the excess of some other 'spoiled brats' I'm aware of - but I wont - at least not today.

But to get a bit more real. Could you clarify the part that actually annoys you. It it that they are spoiled brats spending boo-coodles of money, or is it more that you think AGW is a farce and these guys advocating for change while living like kings (or at least prince and princess) is just more proof it's all a farce?

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-18-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

2. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I'm not 'defending the actions of these spoiled brats'. I'm saying your criticism they should have taken a commercial jet to their destination is unfounded.
    Can you please show me where I ever claimed they should have take a commercial jet?

Let's deal with that first, while I ride my moped to pick up my $7.00 pizza to share with Mrs CP tonight.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Can you please show me where I ever claimed they should have take a commercial jet?

Let's deal with that first, while I ride my moped to pick up my $7.00 pizza to share with Mrs CP tonight.
    Um, wasn't the conference in Italy? It's actually possible to drive from Britain to Italy - even with secure vehicles, that's gonna be a lot less 'carbon costly'.

But really, why travel at all? The whole thing could be video conferenced - and no nasty fossil fuels* required!

*depending on where the person's electricity comes from and other things... Still, less wasteful than a jet!

I want pizza...

5. Amen Cerebrum123, mossrose, Sparko amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

That would be the big bolded part:

Quote Originally Posted by CP
    ECO-WARRIOR royals Harry and Meghan left a huge carbon footprint when they took a private jet to the South of France two days after their flight to Ibiza.
    The trip to Nice created seven times more carbon emissions per person than a commercial flight.
    The primary criticism in that phrase (which is nearly the whole of your commentary on the article linked below it) is the use of a private jet over a commercial one.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-18-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It truly is amazing how many of the loudest environmental champions are "do as I say, not as I do" types.
    Because they know as well as the rest of us that it's a hoax.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That would be the big bolded part:

Quote Originally Posted by CP
    ECO-WARRIOR royals Harry and Meghan left a huge carbon footprint when they took a private jet to the South of France two days after their flight to Ibiza.
    The trip to Nice created seven times more carbon emissions per person than a commercial flight.
    The primary criticism in that phrase (which is nearly the whole of your commentary on the article linked below it) is the use of a private jet over a commercial one.

Jim
    Jim, it's not nice to doctor or manufacture a quote in such a way as to make it look like I said what Seer posted. I'm going to be charitable and assume that was an accident - but please be more careful in the future, OK?

And I have NOT proposed or defended the use of a commercial jet as an alternative --- I have been asking the PURPOSE of this lavish trip - the necessity of it. Why these spoiled brats had to go at all.

Was this a necessary trip? Do you know why they were going? Harry had just promised to cut their carbon footprint.
    THAT was my argument.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 08-18-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not 'defending the actions of these spoiled brats'. I'm saying your criticism they should have taken a commercial jet to their destination is unfounded. They have security concerns others do not have and for them to travel by commercial jet is not practical.
    Already dealt with that false claim.

And I could turn it around and ask why you are not critical of the excess of some other 'spoiled brats' I'm aware of - but I wont - at least not today.
    I'm game - bring it! But note that I'm referencing spoiled brats living the lifestyle of the rich and famous on the back of the taxpayers, while lecturing others on sacrifice.

But to get a bit more real. Could you clarify the part that actually annoys you. It it that they are spoiled brats spending boo-coodles of money,
    It is EGGzackly what I've been saying all along. Just read what I actually wrote instead of making something up.

or is it more that you think AGW is a farce and these guys advocating for change while living like kings (or at least prince and princess) is just more proof it's all a farce?

Jim
    And, see... I think this has been your problem all along - you did an Olympic style 'jump to conclusion' that I was commenting in any way, shape or form on the validity of climate change. I was not. But the mere thought of that sent you on this silly "defend the Royals" mission.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Jim, it's not nice to doctor or manufacture a quote in such a way as to make it look like I said what Seer posted. I'm going to be charitable and assume that was an accident - but please be more careful in the future, OK?

And I have NOT proposed or defended the use of a commercial jet as an alternative --- I have been asking the PURPOSE of this lavish trip - the necessity of it. Why these spoiled brats had to go at all.

THAT was my argument.
    First I would never, nor have I ever. manufactured something like that.

So, yes I was responding to that quote of seers from the beginning of our exchange.My mistake was grabbing your post instead of seers to reply to, doesnt happen too often fortunately. So sorry for the confusion on that.

Jim

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    First I would never, nor have I ever. manufactured something like that.
    I wouldn't think you would do that on purpose, no.

So, yes I was responding to that quote of seers from the beginning of our exchange.My mistake was grabbing your post instead of seers to reply to, doesnt happen too often fortunately. So sorry for the confusion on that.

Jim
    OK, apology accepted - we're good.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Already dealt with that false claim.

I'm game - bring it! But note that I'm referencing spoiled brats living the lifestyle of the rich and famous on the back of the taxpayers, while lecturing others on sacrifice.

It is EGGzackly what I've been saying all along. Just read what I actually wrote instead of making something up.

And, see... I think this has been your problem all along - you did an Olympic style 'jump to conclusion' that I was commenting in any way, shape or form on the validity of climate change. I was not. But the mere thought of that sent you on this silly "defend the Royals" mission.
    You said we are good, but this response would indicate that is at best a fragile state. Is there any way to dial it back a notch and increase the probability poor wording or an honest mistake can be non fatal in a conversation?

Jim