Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

IT boot camps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Is that anything like BOFH?
    it has a lower body count that the early BOFH. But I wouldn't be surprised if the writers got some of their ideas from reading Simon Travalgia.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Never have.
      https://www.netflix.com/nz/title/70140450
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I'll give it a watch!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I like the one about Jen and the Internet box.

Comment

One of my favorites was always "The SERVER is down!!!" (at that time, our server was in house)

And I'll ask, "can you get to the internet?"
            No - I can't get to ANYTHING!
            OK, so maybe it's not "the server".

Usually, they managed to unplug the ethernet cable either from the wall (when moving stuff around) or their computer. Always love it when the "client" self-diagnoses.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Clip from the episode with Jen and the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Clip from the episode with Jen and the Internet.
                That's a riot!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  That's a riot!
                  The premise of the show is Jen, who is utterly clueless gets put in charge of the IT Dept.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    The premise of the show is Jen, who is utterly clueless gets put in charge of the IT Dept.
                    Ah -- I actually had a guy put "over me" when our company was growing -- he was clueless about IT. I went to the owner of the company to point that out, and before I even finished my sentence, he held his hand up like "STOP!"

I stopped, and he said, "I promise you, this is not a test of YOU, this is a test of HIM". "He" was a VP who had boasted of having an IT degree, and wanted to take over more responsibility. After two weeks, at a company meeting, the owner called on this VP to explain to everybody what the IT department does, what we're implementing, projections, and all that. The guy looked at ME, and the owner said, "No, Kevin, I'm asking You!"

As I recall, that was Kevin's last week at our company. (He was the owner's partner's nephew)

Comment