Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Leftist Ministers Warn Us Against Christian Nationalism...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leftist Ministers Warn Us Against Christian Nationalism...

I didn't know that the love of ones country was a threat...

Christian leaders are standing up to the threat of Christian nationalism.

https://www.christiansagainstchristi....org/endorsers
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Ah.... Cooperative Baptist Fellowship is the group that formed when the Southern Baptist Convention decided to stop the liberal drift!

Those who "lost" formed this Convention. These are the same people who, in a debate about the inerrency of the Bible, yelled at the annual meeting in Atlanta.... "But it's JUST A BOOK!!!!"
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I noticed that their statement seems to argue against some sort of Christian White-Supremacist Nationalist group. This is a subset of the approx. 25000 white supremacists in America (per a 1993 figure). [1] Many of these people are on the left. So I could be opposed to violent tactics of such people. But this website makes it sound like a concern that can be improved by some goals of some obscure religious alliance.

Their website sounds like every religion is of equal merit. This could make sense as a view by various religious groups but not quite from a Christian perspective. Our government is flexible to voices from various groups but only inasmuch as the legal framework (English common law built from semi-Christian influence) is adhered to.

1. people.missouristate.edu/MichaelCarlie/Storage/white_supremacist_groups.htm [approx 1993]. I didn't find a more recent figure on a quick search.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        I noticed that their statement seems to argue against some sort of Christian White-Supremacist Nationalist group.
        Yeah, when I read the line... "Christian leaders are standing up to the threat of Christian nationalism", my first thought was, OK, where is this rise happening, and who are the bad guys?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          ...who are the bad guys?
          Any Christian who supports Trump...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Well, yeah, there's that.

Comment

shhh. That is the part that is supposed to be inferred, not explicit.

Comment

I missed what the site said about the communist Antifa group.

Comment

The only name I recognize is Campolo, which isn't a good start, and the credentials of the others tell me what crowd it is. I agree that nationalism and Christianity are inconsistent with one another but on principle this isn't a group I'd want to get involved with.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    The only name I recognize is Campolo, which isn't a good start, and the credentials of the others tell me what crowd it is. I agree that nationalism and Christianity are inconsistent with one another but on principle this isn't a group I'd want to get involved with.
                    I have two thoughts on the nationalism concept. The first is that it is okay for Christians to wish to preserve certain aspects of culture and politics in their nations -- to have the protection and familiarity important to their society.

At the same time, I don't really want to have the US flag displayed as part of the church service as if Christians from other nations are not equally part of the service. Christianity itself transcends all nations, races and cultures.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Yeah, when I read the line... "Christian leaders are standing up to the threat of Christian nationalism", my first thought was, OK, where is this rise happening, and who are the bad guys?
                      'XX standing up to problem not existing', many such cases! Fake News!
                      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I didn't know that the love of ones country was a threat...
                        Losing $$$ is big threat

The USCCB is one of nine agencies that receive hundreds of millions in tax dollars to resettle refugees and asylum seekers in the U.S. under contract with the federal government. Six of the nine contractors are religious groups, WND has learned, including the Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, Episcopal Migration Ministries, the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, the Church World Service and World Relief Corp., which includes a plethora of evangelical groups.

The Catholic Bishops alone received $65.9 million in federal grants to care for unaccompanied alien children and refugees, according to its 2012 annual report.

https://www.wnd.com/2014/07/religiou...-open-borders/
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment