Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chuck Todd: the High Priest of Cluelessness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Todd: the High Priest of Cluelessness

the High Priest of Cluelessness

I thought this article was great, and cleverly written...

chuck_todd_gi.jpg

If there were a country called Clueless, where the chief religion was Cluelessness, and where the most clueless person was named the High Priest of Cluelessness, and if once a year, on the most holy of Clueless holy days, the Most Clueless High Priest of Cluelessness entered into the Clueless Holy of Holies where a pure spirit of Utter and Endless Cluelessness dwelt in the most perfect state of perfect cluelessness imaginable, then when the High Priest of Cluelessness entered the Clueless Holy of Holies and stood before that perfectly clueless spirit of Utter Cluelessness, he would find himself in the presence of NBC’s Chuck Todd.

Here’s why I say so.

This week, we witnessed a delightfully comic demonstration of why it’s not such a good thing for the Democratic Party to own at least 90 percent of the communication apparatus in America. The mainstream news media is nearly all Democrat. Hollywood blacklists you if you’re not Democrat. The universities, publishing companies and most of the music industry are populated by Democrats. So Democrats, wrapped in a smothering blanket of mirrors, their own ideas reflected back to them endlessly, begin to develop the wholly ridiculous idea that their absurd version of reality is reality in fact.

As a result, when Robert Mueller released a report revealing that Donald Trump had not colluded with the Russians to steal the election, and that, by any normal legal standard, he had to be considered not guilty of attempting to obstruct justice, the Democrats felt justified in thinking the report provided them with grounds for impeachment. After all, the news media agreed. The late-night comics all agreed. The experts wrote op-eds and they agreed. Even search engines and social media highlighted all the agreement.

So why wasn’t the public demanding impeachment too? Weren’t they watching the news? Weren’t they listening to the late-night comedians? Weren’t they reading the articles by professors? How could they be so blind as to think that a report clearing Trump had cleared Trump?

The Democrats’ answer: it must be because reading the report was too hard for ordinary folks. Maybe if Mueller testified to what was in the report, then the public would see what the Democrats saw all around them: in the news, on the comedy shows, in the academic op-eds and online.

So Mueller testified.....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I demand a link!!!! NOW!!! Where's the Link? Are you afraid to post the link? I don't see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      the High Priest of Cluelessness

I thought this article was great, and cleverly written...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38699[/ATTACH]

If there were a country called Clueless, where the chief religion was Cluelessness, and where the most clueless person was named the High Priest of Cluelessness, and if once a year, on the most holy of Clueless holy days, the Most Clueless High Priest of Cluelessness entered into the Clueless Holy of Holies where a pure spirit of Utter and Endless Cluelessness dwelt in the most perfect state of perfect cluelessness imaginable, then when the High Priest of Cluelessness entered the Clueless Holy of Holies and stood before that perfectly clueless spirit of Utter Cluelessness, he would find himself in the presence of NBC’s Chuck Todd.

Here’s why I say so.

This week, we witnessed a delightfully comic demonstration of why it’s not such a good thing for the Democratic Party to own at least 90 percent of the communication apparatus in America. The mainstream news media is nearly all Democrat. Hollywood blacklists you if you’re not Democrat. The universities, publishing companies and most of the music industry are populated by Democrats. So Democrats, wrapped in a smothering blanket of mirrors, their own ideas reflected back to them endlessly, begin to develop the wholly ridiculous idea that their absurd version of reality is reality in fact.

As a result, when Robert Mueller released a report revealing that Donald Trump had not colluded with the Russians to steal the election, and that, by any normal legal standard, he had to be considered not guilty of attempting to obstruct justice, the Democrats felt justified in thinking the report provided them with grounds for impeachment. After all, the news media agreed. The late-night comics all agreed. The experts wrote op-eds and they agreed. Even search engines and social media highlighted all the agreement.

So why wasn’t the public demanding impeachment too? Weren’t they watching the news? Weren’t they listening to the late-night comedians? Weren’t they reading the articles by professors? How could they be so blind as to think that a report clearing Trump had cleared Trump?

The Democrats’ answer: it must be because reading the report was too hard for ordinary folks. Maybe if Mueller testified to what was in the report, then the public would see what the Democrats saw all around them: in the news, on the comedy shows, in the academic op-eds and online.

So Mueller testified.....

Kind of reminds me of the circumstances that led a shocked Pauline Kael (a film critic with the New Yorker) to allegedly expound after Nixon's landslide victory over McGovern back in 1972: "How could Nixon have won? Nobody I know voted for him."

So what's next for the TDS stricken?

Last edited by rogue06; 07-30-2019, 07:10 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I demand a link!!!! NOW!!! Where's the Link? Are you afraid to post the link? I don't see it!
        Laughing.... yeah, this one IS hidden. Think Waldo.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, why won't you post a link?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So where's your source? I demand a source!!! Do you think posting a word in blue is a source!?

Comment

So where's your source? I demand a source!!! Do you think posting a word in blue is a source!?
              Given his color-blindness I doubt that he realized he switched to blue.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Given his color-blindness I doubt that he realized he switched to blue.
                wow. He has physical evidence he isn't racist!

Comment

wow. He has physical evidence he isn't racist!
                  But now a color-blind society is no longer the goal -- at least for many on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    But now a color-blind society ...

Comment

I look to the Hills, from whence cometh my Help.

Comment

I look to the Hills, from whence cometh my Help.
                        You talk funny.

Comment

You talk funny.
                          And with a British accent!

Comment