Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrat candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Maybe they want Gabbard's foreign policy to dominate the narrative to the point where the Democratic candidates feel pressure to try to outdo themselves on the issue. That wouldn't require her even getting nominated.
    Nah, it just looks like a desperate, flailing attack at the last moment.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Nah, it just looks like a desperate, flailing attack at the last moment.
      They are using Twitter as campaign research - hilarity (if you're a Republican) ensues.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Fence sitters, moderate leftists, independents won't vote for Sanders.
        I'm far less sure of that. There's enough people I've talked to who voted for Trump (or abstained from voting for Trump or Hillary) who said they would have voted for Sanders. His more extreme positions are tempered by the difficulty he'd have of getting such things through congress anyway.

Your statement also ignores the various liberals who liked Sanders but saw Hillary as too corporate.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
          I'm far less sure of that. There's enough people I've talked to who voted for Trump (or abstained from voting for Trump or Hillary) who said they would have voted for Sanders. His more extreme positions are tempered by the difficulty he'd have of getting such things through congress anyway.

Your statement also ignores the various liberals who liked Sanders but saw Hillary as too corporate.
          I would have agreed with this in 2016 - but that was before Sanders made some of the 'mainstream' - and identitarian - comments he's made this go 'round. He's lost ground with centrists at the very least - and I doubt he has much in the independent camp left.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            I would have agreed with this in 2016 - but that was before Sanders made some of the 'mainstream' - and identitarian - comments he's made this go 'round. He's lost ground with centrists at the very least - and I doubt he has much in the independent camp left.
            Hrm... that's a fair point. I was mostly thinking of him in terms of the 2016 election, but things could have changed since then.

Comment

That's so odd to me. You'd think that if they hated Trump that much, they'd pick a leftist candidate that could actually beat Trump. Isn't that what it's all about? Beat Trump no matter what? Are they that delusional (and I'm referring to the more establishment Dems here), or do they actually want Trump to win? I really can't decide.
              Sounds like cos Trump is 'big shift right', they want go big left to 'counter'. Yes, they crazy. μωραίνει Κύριος ον βούλεται απολέσαι
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

For those who wish to consider....

Why Joe Biden’s Gaffes Matter
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Even Creepy Joe's own wife is hesitant to endorse him:

"Your candidate might be better on, I don’t know, health care than Joe is, but you’ve got to look at who’s going to win this election. And maybe you have to swallow a little bit and say, ‘Okay, I sorta personally like so and so better,’ but your bottom line has to be that we have to beat Trump."

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...-a-little-bit/

I wonder what the conversation around the dinner table was like that night?

"Honey, please don't try to help."

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Even Creepy Joe's own wife is hesitant to endorse him:

"Your candidate might be better on, I don’t know, health care than Joe is, but you’ve got to look at who’s going to win this election. And maybe you have to swallow a little bit and say, ‘Okay, I sorta personally like so and so better,’ but your bottom line has to be that we have to beat Trump."

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...-a-little-bit/

I wonder what the conversation around the dinner table was like that night?

"Honey, please don't try to help."

Wow, what a ringing endorsement.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's a race to see who the wokest is, and Beto is trying to get back up off the mat by being the MOSTEST WOKEST of all...

That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

CNN released a new poll conducted by SSRS of the 2020 Democratic field after the second primary debates.

Joe Biden's lead has expanded from our last poll, with him polling at 29% to Bernie Sanders' 15% and Elizabeth Warren's 14%. Harris has dropped from 17% to 5%.

Joe Biden looks like he has the nom in the bag. The irony is amazing.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          For the leftists and moderates here, and for the conservatives who see themselves possibly voting for a Democrat for president: if the election was tomorrow and you could pick the Democratic candidate, which Democrat would you prefer? Feel free to make a distinction between who you'd ideally prefer and who you'd settle for with the best chance of beating Trump, if there's a difference. If you have ranked choices (say, top three), feel free to mention that as well.

This is purely for my own curiosity.
                          Elizabeth Warren, a.k.a Pocahontas.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            CNN released a new poll conducted by SSRS of the 2020 Democratic field after the second primary debates.

Joe Biden's lead has expanded from our last poll, with him polling at 29% to Bernie Sanders' 15% and Elizabeth Warren's 14%. Harris has dropped from 17% to 5%.

There's a long time to go yet. I predict Elizabeth Warren will overtake Joe like she has overtaken everyone so far and be the surprise winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Go Joe! Go Joe! Go to GOJO to 80257 text dot com!!!!
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Elizabeth Warren, a.k.a Pocahontas.
                                She did a really nice whiny little "I'm so sorry I failed my culture", or something like that.

Go LIZ!!!!

Comment