Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

California Requires Trump to Release Tax Returns for Spot on Primary Ballot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke
    Jim, until I see an announcement where Trump has authorized you to be his spokesperson, this is all just a rant on your part, and we all know how partisan you are.

You don't know squat about why Trump isn't releasing his tax returns.
    An intelligent person can figure it out fairly easily, CP. You don't lie unless you have something to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      An intelligent person can figure it out fairly easily, CP.
      Well, ya got the first part of that right!

You don't lie unless you have something to hide.
      Is that written down somewhere? There are numerous reasons people lie, and it's not always because they're hiding something.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Well, ya got the first part of that right!

Is that written down somewhere? There are numerous reasons people lie, and it's not always because they're hiding something.
        When it comes to Trumps lies, only an ignorant jackass would fall for them. Congrats.

Comment

No, the reason he's not releasing them ...
          Let's pretend for a minute that you're capable of intelligent and civil discourse*, OK?

So, just out of curiosity, what is it you think you're going to find in Trump's personal tax returns?

*you actually demonstrated that just recently!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When it comes to Trumps lies, only an ignorant jackass would fall for them. Congrats.
            What lies of Trump's (it's possessive, not plural, Jim) have I fallen for? Let's see if you can back up your false accusation.

Comment

An intelligent person can figure it out fairly easily, CP. You don't lie unless you have something to hide.
              So, answer me this, Jim? Why do you lie? What are YOU hiding?

When told repeatedly that some of us voted for Trump as our only means of voting AGAINST Hillary, you continue this idiotic childish lie that we are "Trumpsters".
              Is your self image so low that somehow this makes you feel better?
              You got something to hide?
              Are you so deranged that you can't comprehend the possibility that voting AGAINST somebody doesn't necessarily mean you're excited about "the other guy"?
              Do you really think that anybody here buys your childish little game?
              Are you that incredibly petty in real life?

Why do you lie?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                If my older little twin brother from another mother is Rooskie then I'm comrade roganov
                Roganov?

You more like Ragnorak. (a little further North and West than Russia)
                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                  Roganov?

You more like Ragnorak. (a little further North and West than Russia)
                  Only when Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" is playing

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, it's a result of Trumps evasiveness and criminality, but it is to be law for everyone always including the governor.
                    You’re right Jimmy. Trump is guilty, we just need to violate everything the Constitution says and dozens of laws to prove he’s a criminal that doesn’t care about the law. I’m on your side right along with these guys with rope and pitchforks are.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

True, but I don't consider it to be "unreasonable" that citizens know ahead of time whether or not the people they are considering hiring to represent them is a crook. But, it would also need to be a federal law, applicable to every state, not just California, otherwise it wouldn't work. Also, the government wouldn't be siezing a candidates tax returns, in violation of the 4th amendment, they would simply be requiring a presidential candidate to make them public should they choose to run for President and want to be on the ballot.
                      Evidence that apparently the IRS under Obama never arrested him for. He’s obviously a criminal though, we just need to violate the Constitution and dozens of laws to prove how much of a lawless criminal he is.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And no surprise, California is being sued:

Originally posted by Fox News
                        Four voters in California, along with the conservative transparency group Judicial Watch, announced Monday they have filed a federal lawsuit against the left-wing state, alleging its new law aimed at strong-arming President Trump into releasing his income tax returns is patently unconstitutional.
                        Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom signed the law known as the "Presidential Tax Transparency and Accountability Act" last week. It would require Trump and other presidential primary candidates to file their tax returns for the most recent five years to the California secretary of state by November 26 or be excluded from the March 3, 2020 presidential primary ballot.

The measure sailed through the state's Democratic-led legislature. Former California Gov. Jerry Brown had vetoed a similar version of the law last year, noting that it "may not be constitutional" and sets a "slippery slope precedent" that could lead the state to demand all kinds of documents from candidates.
                        "Today we require tax returns, but what would be next?" Brown asked. "Five years of health records? A certified birth certificate? High school report cards? And will these requirements vary depending on which political party is in power."

Source
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment