Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

114 Private Jets To Climate Change Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Yes - it is. But what is coming from the vast majority of Trump's base (and his evangelical supporters were those specifically being discussed here) is predominantly acceptance of almost everything he does and knee-jerk defense of him against any accusation of inappropriate behavior.
    I'm sure you believe that.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Not true, Seer. First, I used to have the same basis for my morality, so I took them seriously then. And I continued to find many of the same positions "moral," though for different reasons as my understanding of morality shifted. But I was speaking primarily about the claims of the right to "being" moral...and "leading by example." I think what many on the right have now shown us is they will compromise their morals if it will get them a good economy and immigrants treated the way they think they should be treated. So basically money and us/them thinking.

So any claims being made from the right about their "god-centered" moral framework is probably going to be largely dismissed by most on the left. The moral framework is maintained only as long as it's convenient and gets you what you want.
      That makes no sense, I support Trump specifically because he reflects my policy beliefs (why wouldn't I?). I'm sure you voted for Hillary for the same reasons, as wicked as she is.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I'm sure you believe that.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          That makes no sense, I support Trump specifically because he reflects my policy beliefs (why wouldn't I?). I'm sure you voted for Hillary for the same reasons, as wicked as she is.
          Yeah... I didn't think it would make much sense to you. NVM, Seer. I don't think you're going to get this one either...
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

So, I'm curious. What is it about anything I've said that seems "whataboutism" to you?
            Like I said, #totallynotwhataboutism.

I posted that flippantly on purpose.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Yeah... I didn't think it would make much sense to you. NVM, Seer. I don't think you're going to get this one either...
              Well your point is irrational, should I support a party that I'm dead set against on every level? Do you want us to join the left and attack the orange man?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Well your point is irrational, should I support a party that I'm dead set against on every level? Do you want us to join the left and attack the orange man?
                You're too "black/white" in your thinking, Seer, to get it. It's not worth the effort to try to explain it to you. So just call it a win and let's move on. I'm sure everyone else will anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

And yet another jokes dies by being explained

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

OK... I guess I missed the joke.

Comment

OK... I guess I missed the joke.
                      To be fair, made no sense to me, either...

Not even when he explained it...
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Me neither...

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Thanks...I was feeling a tad stupid...

Comment

I notice this is becoming more and more of a right-wing meme now. If someone calls out an action or behavior as inappropriate or questionable, it's instantly "virtue signaling."

Convenient...
                            Well you liberals have your "dog whistles" and we have our "virtue signals"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Well you liberals have your "dog whistles" and we have our "virtue signals"
                              I don't recall using either term in any post...

Comment

I don't recall using either term in any post...
                                I notice this is becoming more and more of a right-wing meme now. If someone calls out an action or behavior as inappropriate or questionable, it's instantly "virtue signaling."

Convenient...

Sparko was responding to it in the post you replied to

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment