Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Death Of Plastic Bags...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Sort of, I guess. But it's frustrating that I can't argue about what we could do better, using the Bible as an example, without people dismissing it as an "attack". If you want to use the word "broadside", have at it.
    demi will try illustrate why this looks like attack. You don't care much for freedom, but equality. Okay.

My argument is, in sum: If that was okay in God's eyes, maybe we need to rethink what we claim a government should not do.
    'You guys care too much about equality. I genuinely believe that equality has become an idol in our society. If really really non-egalitarian society was okay in God's eyes, maybe we need to rethink what we claim a government should not do.'

Understand now?
    Last edited by demi-conservative; 08-04-2019, 06:23 PM.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• demi clashed with you, also Adrift before. But no grudges from demi, so this is friendly warning.

If you want to go 'Law of Moses no value freedom like we do', demi has to point out same thing about equality. Truth demands it, demi makes zero apologies.

If you still want to do this, let demi know.

Comment

• I've mentioned it before, but I think the real reason I'm particularly concerned about anti-environmentalism from within the church is because my youth group leader in high school told me we didn't need to worry about the environment because Jesus was coming back... and I wasn't even from a particularly conservative church. I know there was a hoax where one of Reagan's cabinet members was falsely accused of saying it, but I can say that I actually heard it there.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Remember this, when next time you want to say 'so many conservatives have idol of freedom: yours is idol of equality. Remove plank in eye of yours, so you can see clear.

Comment

I've mentioned it before, but I think the real reason I'm particularly concerned about anti-environmentalism from within the church is because my youth group leader in high school told me we didn't need to worry about the environment because Jesus was coming back...
            Yeah, that's just stupid, but I don't think it's a widely held belief, is it? I never hear that.

and I wasn't even from a particularly conservative church. I know there was a hoax where one of Reagan's cabinet members was falsely accused of saying it, but I can say that I actually heard it there.
            I thought it was a televangelist being dismissive, but I don't remember.

Regardless, it's dumb.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yeah, that's just stupid, but I don't think it's a widely held belief, is it? I never hear that.
              We saw it on here, I've seen it in real life, the author Adrift cited thought it was a significant enough belief to address, and so did another author I've read (John Stackhouse) so I have no reason not to think so.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• On a lighter (?) note: A researcher at Penn State University has suggested that one reason men don't like to recycle is because they think it makes them look gay.

https://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...-a9045751.html

Comment

• New Hampshire just banned reusable bags because they could carry the virus into the store.

https://grist.org/climate/one-state-...e-to-covid-19/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    New Hampshire just banned reusable bags because they could carry the virus into the store.

Our state has taken the tax off plastic bags! We are going to use them again.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Our state has taken the tax off plastic bags! We are going to use them again.
                      Same around here. If you use your own bags you have to pack them yourself.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

New Hampshire just banned reusable bags because they could carry the virus into the store.

The bags are big enough to carry pounds of the virus

Comment

• I'm seeing comments on my FB that at least one store is banning plastic bags. I dunno.
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

...A researcher at Penn State University has suggested that one reason men don't like to recycle is because they think it makes them look gay.
                            No, it means you are gay!
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                              No, it means you are gay!
                              It could mean that you are metrosexual

Comment

My local supermarket has a policy now that if we bring our own reusable bags, we must bag our own groceries so that the cashier won't have to touch them. No problem here, I bag my own groceries anyway while the cashier is busy ringing up the items.
                                When I Survey....

Comment