Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Death Of Plastic Bags...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Death Of Plastic Bags...

OK, my state has passed a law where they will charge 10 cents to use/buy a plastic bag when shopping. Then in a year they will not be available at all. Neither will paper bags bags BTW. Now I'm conflicted - I have been using cloth reusable bags for a while now but I don't like being force to by law. It gets my back up...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    OK, my state has passed a law where they will charge 10 cents to use/buy a plastic bag when shopping. Then in a year they will not be available at all. Neither will paper bags bags BTW. Now I'm conflicted - I have been using cloth reusable bags for a while now but I don't like being force to by law. It gets my back up...
    Psst. Hey buddy. Wanna buy some plastic bags?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Laughing.

Reminds me of when the city was going to force our church to add a wheelchair ramp to our fellowship hall entrance where there was one "step up" from the driveway to the door. A couple of our old deacons got all riled up and wanted to fight.

I reminded them ... "Guys, we don't want to put the wheelchair ramp there because the city is FORCING us to -- we want to do it because we LOVE PEOPLE WHO NEED ACCESS!"

One of the guys said, "oh, yeah...... but it gets my back up! "

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Psst. Hey buddy. Wanna buy some plastic bags?
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]38775[/ATTACH]
        Yeah, next, you'll have to be buying nickel bags in... what, handkerchiefs?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yeah, next, you'll have to be buying nickel bags in... what, handkerchiefs?
          Paper sacks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I reminded them ... "Guys, we don't want to put the wheelchair ramp there because the city is FORCING us to -- we want to do it because we LOVE PEOPLE WHO NEED ACCESS!"

I think most Americans get their back up when the government tells us what to do. It is in our DNA...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Laughing.

Reminds me of when the city was going to force our church to add a wheelchair ramp to our fellowship hall entrance where there was one "step up" from the driveway to the door. A couple of our old deacons got all riled up and wanted to fight.

Our church had to have wheelchair ramps into the altar area in order to pass inspection when it was built - even though anyone who serves at the altar has to be able to stand.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Our church had to have wheelchair ramps into the altar area in order to pass inspection when it was built - even though anyone who serves at the altar has to be able to stand.
                You cold-hearted mean Christians, you!

Comment

I think most Americans get their back up when the government tells us what to do. It is in our DNA...
                  Yup -- like seat belts. Or, better yet, motorcycle helmets.

Comment

Yup -- like seat belts. Or, better yet, motorcycle helmets.
                    As liberal as my state is, we still don't have helmet laws.

Comment

When you go grocery shopping, just buy a box of these, then open them in the line and tell the bagger to put your groceries in them.

It makes no sense. People tend to keep their small plastic grocery bags, but trash bags are meant to be tossed away as trash and the liberals are fine with selling them.

Comment

Seer, buy yourself a few of these - and take them to the grocery store!

download (1).jpgdownload (2).jpgdownload.jpg

In case you're wondering - they are all made from those plastic grocery bags!
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Hehehe...

Comment

As liberal as my state is, we still don't have helmet laws.
                            They're busy trying to figure out how to get free healthcare to illegals, and that would include head injuries from motorcycle crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              Seer, buy yourself a few of these - and take them to the grocery store!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38777[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]38778[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]38779[/ATTACH]

I want some made out of plastic drinking straws for some extra irony.

Comment