Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

If Gender Is A Social Construction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Gender Is A Social Construction...

And fluid (as we are being told) why not just socialize the little boy, who is gender confused, to be a boy? Instead of risky and dangerous drug therapy and possible surgeries?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Conversion therapy bad! Conversion therapy BAD!!!!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

The SCIENCE!!!!

Girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice.
      Boys are made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails.

Don't you know NOTHING?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Mario Lopez could lose his job at 'Access Hollywood' after remarks about parents letting 3-year-old children change genders

Christian entertainer and TV host Mario Lopez may find himself out of a job after making negative remarks about parents who let children as young as 3 years old choose their genders.

According to reports, Lopez's future at "Access Hollywood" could be on the chopping block.

During a June appearance on Candace Owens' podcast, Lopez said that he believed it to be "dangerous" for parents to allow their young children — specifically mentioning the age of 3 — to transition genders.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/report...trans-children
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          And fluid (as we are being told) why not just socialize the little boy, who is gender confused, to be a boy? Instead of risky and dangerous drug therapy and possible surgeries?
          This whole bend in the left/liberal agenda is just so distorted. It does nothing but obscure and build barriers to understanding the actual issues that are out there in this arena.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Lopez immediately apologized and then ticked off everyone else who are calling him a coward.

A child under puberty has no real concept of gender identity or sexual orientation. It should be illegal to give them hormones before their bodies even begin making them. And socializing them as the opposite sex is wrong too. Dressing a boy up as a girl and insisting everyone call him "her" and treat her as a girl is wrong. It is child abuse.

Comment

Playing devils advocate here, but something can be fluid, without being voluntary.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                Playing devils advocate here, but something can be fluid, without being voluntary.
                That doesn't really change seer's point.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Well it is fluid because it is merely a social construction. If it is biological it isn't really fluid.

Comment

If Gender is just a social construct and not a binary physical thing, then why do all of these trans keep trying to physically change their sex with hormones?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Well it is fluid because it is merely a social construction.
                      Merely? Money is also social construction, but there's nothing merely about it. You don't just get to decide that your dollar bill is worth a million. While the rules about money are malleable, you can advocate for a change in the law, you can commit civil disobedience, it's still a reality you have to deal with each time you enter a shop and want to make exchanges for goods and services.

I believe sex to be something essential to humanity, we are made male and female. I also believe that was is considered masculine, or feminine, and what we associate those aspects with, to be social constructs shaped by millennia of tradition, mostly good and sometimes bad.

Gender identity is a strange thing. I have multiple friends who are transexual and have transitioned. I decided not to, and I've made peace with it. Nothing I've done or said, prayers, fastings, psychological advice, etc... have made a dent in my feelings. In my case, it was tied to my depressions which I also had no power over. So I experienced it (my gender identity) as something fluid, but not fluid I had any valves to control with.

The same with my sexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        If Gender is just a social construct and not a binary physical thing, then why do all of these trans keep trying to physically change their sex with hormones?
                        Because its a body dysmorphia. The sense of the type of body they ought to have doesn't match the type of body they actually have, which causes persistent feelings of frustration. Most of those with these type of feelings never act on it, because it doesn't present itself equally strong in all cases.

I wouldn't wish hormone replacement therapy on anyone, its really hard on the liver, bones, and veins. Thankfully I've never done it.

Comment

Because its a body dysmorphia. The sense of the type of body they ought to have doesn't match the type of body they actually have, which causes persistent feelings of frustration. Most of those with these type of feelings never act on it, because it doesn't present itself equally strong in all cases.

I wouldn't wish hormone replacement therapy on anyone, its really hard on the liver, bones, and veins. Thankfully I've never done it.
                          It just seems ironic that as much as they protest Gender not being the same as "sex" it always boils down to them not being happy with their physical body and sex and wanting to change it. So while they might try to claim there are 50+ genders, when it comes down to it, there are only two.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            It just seems ironic that as much as they protest Gender not being the same as "sex" it always boils down to them not being happy with their physical body and sex and wanting to change it. So while they might try to claim there are 50+ genders, when it comes down to it, there are only two.
                            Yeah, though some of those genders were Facebook's attempt at covering culturally accepted genders like two-spirit from Native Americans, and various other similar situations. Beyond that it quickly becomes ridiculous.

Comment

Like mental illness. Like state of mind of bipolar.
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment