Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting El Paso...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Wrong on both counts. I live in a small city in the Midwest of approx. 30,000 people, but my brother (who is Border Patrol) and his family live in the sticks where the closest town about 4 miles away only has approx. 1500 people.
    Did you tell brother you want him disarmed? Or is he armed cos of job?
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• 'homicide capital'

Yes, things are dangerous (in some parts, at least). Disarming looks to demi like pretense that things are safe when they are not. Fear of guns is like phobia. Also softness. No, Adrift, demi no means you are afraid of guns. demi means other progs.

Lib attitude is so kneejerk. Shootings, so 'ban guns!!!!'. People poor, so 'raise minimum wage!!!!!'

Comment

I seriously have a hard time believing that otherwise reasonable individuals actually think that we're going to ever go to war with our nation
        Not exactly!!!

Second civil war more and more likely cos country more and more divided, though.

Comment

Again, if the choice comes down to banning all guns in order to stop being the most homicidal nation among 1st world/developed nations in the world
          What is this? Like that brit guy, want to hold up head high among libs, but he can't cos of Brexit and you mostly cos of gang fights, also murders?

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            Is there a feasible way to catch these people and help them before they snap and murder people? Find them and take away anuthing they could use to hurt others?
            There is no certain way to catch all. Best general policy is to arm lots of people so they can defend selves, also others, from lunatics.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

If it looks like an invader and acts like an invader it is almost certainly an invader.
              Yes. Thing is few want to take invasion seriously, cos if you do guns, also bullets must come out. People still want to be Nice, with capital N.

Comment

And what does one do for self defense if one dislikes guns and knives?
                Do you like living more? Do you like being safe more?

Comment

Is there anything we can do? And what does one do for self defense if one dislikes guns and knives?
                  Somehow -- I really don't know how -- I got on the BudK mailing list. I get a kick out of looking at all the wacky crap that's available, even if I don't order. One thing I find peculiar and a bit troubling is that they will ship any of the blatantly ridiculously deadly stuff to PA, but several of the items that are specifically intended to be NON lethal will NOT ship to PA.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Can't anything be lethal under the right circumstances
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Fort Hood is the exception that proves the rule. IIRC, someone recently posted stats that show that well over 90% of mass shootings take place in gun free zones.
                      He was also a radical Muslim who likely wanted to die in the attack for his free ticket to jannat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I would not argue with "some kind of responsibility" - I think he needs to be FAR less jerk-ish, but the FACT is that the shooter will answer for his OWN deeds, and "but TRUMP MADE ME" is just idiotic.

Wow. You're unusually desperate for a meaningless battle this morning.
                        The argument isn't Trump MADE ME', the argument is 'Trump fed his paranoia and that was what put him over the top'

There are a large number of unstable paranoid people. Feeding fear pushes those people owned by that fear over the edge. That is why it is irresponsible, even derelection of duty, for any leader to feed irrational fear.

Do you know the history of the HG Wells war of the worlds' broadcast? I know you do. That was an accident. But it shows what happens when irrational fear is invoked irresponsibly or accidentally. And with Trump, it is no accident.

Trump likes to feed the irrational paranoid fears of his base. And he very much is responsible for the consequences. We KNOW this will hapoen more often if we feed paranoia. Trump IS responsible and there us no excuse for his antics in this arena.

He's done it again just this weekend with his idiotic retweet of the clinton conspiracy theory on the epstein suicide. It is irresponsible, malicious, and vengeful hehavior that highlights his unfitness for office.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          The argument isn't Trump MADE ME', the argument is 'Trump fed his paranoia and that was what put him over the top'
                          Manson credited the White Album. Did the Beatles feed his paranoia?
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            Manson credited the White Album. Did the Beatles feed his paranoia?
                            More correftly, Manson was the inspiration for the White Album.

But it doesn't really matter as it relates to this specific discussion. We can also ask if 'The Matrix' contributed to Columbine. Exposure to violence is an issue, but not the issue I am addressing.

We KNOW that when we feed paranoia it will provoke more people to act on their fears. Trump IS the POTUS and he is feeding, even creating, irrational fear at each rally, and with a significant percentage of his tweets. And he bears the resposibility of the consequences of his decision to use that sort of fear to protect or grow his power and security in the office of POTUS when the specific elements of fear he has stoked are the stated reasons for a violent event like these shootings.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              I don't think I'd find it disconcerting.
                              Wow.

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              Wasn't that actually a gun-free zone?
                              We sort of discuss that in other posts.

Good. Because I don't trust the police and military enough to try that.
                              Sad.

You were expecting to shower with hot chicks?
                              Nah. I watched the film knowing that it was a cynical take on military propaganda, but the sense of camaraderie, of being a part of something bigger and more important than yourself, and of adventure was pretty compelling. Joining up was something I had been thinking of doing for awhile anyways, but the film was a big push. Had I known then what I know now....

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                More correftly, Manson was the inspiration for the White Album.
                                I don't think so.

Comment