Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting El Paso...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I couldn't immediately find it, but there's one purse that's designed for you to slide your hand in that slot, gun in your hand, and, if necessary, shoot out of the front of the purse, not even having to take the gun out of the purse.

I had a lady once ask, "wouldn't that ruin your purse?" The other ladies all jumped on that opportunity --- "would you rather be DEAD?"
    That reminds me of the old "wallet guns" with a hole in them for access to the trigger so that as you could fire it as you were handing over your wallet

Not very practical for carrying any folding money, credit/debit cards or ID.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Yeah, if you forget that is on your keychain and you try to get through security at the airport...
      For me, it was forever having to take the penknife off my key chain to go into the courthouse.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, if you forget that is on your keychain and you try to get through security at the airport...
        And some laws are kinda quirky, like they'd lump them in with brass knuckles, or if they have an "action", where the prongs pop out, they're lumped in with switchblades..... always good to check.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          House, car, storage, friend's house, parent's house, dorm room from ten years ago (you thought girls just didn't clean out their purses!), keys you don't remember what they are for, keys you remember but don't have that thing any more...

For a lot of us girls, not a problem.

But there are other options....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39023[/ATTACH]
          ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

For me, it was forever having to take the penknife off my key chain to go into the courthouse.
            If you're a concealed carry holder in Texas, you can go into the State Capital and BYPASS security simply by showing your license. No metal detector, no wanding...
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]39025[/ATTACH]

Sure, next time I feel like breaking my hand and then getting mugged...
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

If you're a concealed carry holder in Texas, you can go into the State Capital and BYPASS security simply by showing your license. No metal detector, no wanding...
                That seems awfully trusting. Why couldn't a CC permit holder also be a criminal?

Comment

Great - and the one guy that goes nuts AFTER getting his license...

You can't bypass any of the State security measures in Alabama as far as I'm aware.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Sure, next time I feel like breaking my hand and then getting mugged...
                    Blame roguetech.

Comment

When I went to the courthouse to get a copy of some paperwork I needed I forgot that my Leatherman micra multi-tool was on my keychain.

Even though the blade is about an inch and a half long (at most) I had to leave it at the checkpoint at the entrance. When I came back they gave it back but a friend of mine who is a lawyer saw what was happening and laughed saying "only you would be so stupid as to bring a knife into a courthouse."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39025[/ATTACH]
                        Pffft. That ain't roguetech.

00000000000000a00aa2.gif
                        Now that's more like it

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          When I went to the courthouse to get a copy of some paperwork I needed I forgot that my Leatherman micra multi-tool was on my keychain.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39026[/ATTACH]

Even though the blade is about an inch and a half long (at most) I had to leave it at the checkpoint at the entrance. When I came back they gave it back but a friend of mine who is a lawyer saw what was happening and laughed saying "only you would be so stupid as to bring a knife into a courthouse."
                          Heck. I go into courthouses all the time with knives and box cutters. All part of needed equipment to set up for trials. I just tell them I am trial support and have a bunch of boxes with me. They Xray it and let me through. The funny thing in federal court is smart phones. They have a real thing about letting recording devices into a courtroom. Unless a lawyer vouches for me, I can't bring in my iphone and have to check it with security.

Comment

Every once in a blue moon, I'll be walking up to airport security and suddenly realize I didn't take my knife out of my pants and put it in "checked baggage".

The last time I did that, I stopped before I was about to go through the metal detector, and I reached in and pulled out my (folded) knife, and my disappointment must have been obvious. A TSA guy standing there motioned to their "collection bin", and said, "you can either toss it in here, or step over there and pack it up and mail it home". It was WAY too good a knife to throw away, and I really didn't have time for the "mailing it home".

Just then, I saw a soldier in uniform coming OUT the airport security area toward me, so I called out, "Soldier!" He looked at me, and I handed him the knife and said, "Merry Christmas!" He seemed genuinely surprised and appreciative, and said, "REALLY?" I told him it's either toss it or gift it!

Comment

...Unless a lawyer vouches for me, I can't bring in my iphone and have to check it with security.
                              Wait... they trust LAWYERS?!?!?!?!

Comment

Wait... they trust LAWYERS?!?!?!?!
                                Amazing, huh?

Comment