Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 704

Thread: Mass Shooting El Paso...

  1. #241
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,972
    Amen (Given)
    17
    Amen (Received)
    359
    People are fighting back.
    In El Paso, Texas, some protesters carried signs saying "racist, go home".
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  2. #242
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    50,832
    Amen (Given)
    1080
    Amen (Received)
    18466
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    People are fighting back.
    As if the same folks wouldn't be out protesting his visit any other time about something else. Moreover they probably would have complained that he didn't come.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  3. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  4. #243
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,958
    Amen (Given)
    1611
    Amen (Received)
    1440
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    We should focus on the victims. And those who lost their lives protecting their babies.

    https://www.texastribune.org/2019/08...her-shielding/



    There are children who will have to grow up without their parents. Real lives were taken. Real people with family and friends that mourn the loss caused by the evil act of an evil scumbag.
    Focusing on the issue, the politics of gun laws, or lack thereof, and white nationalist killers, is focusing on the victims and possible future victims. I'm sure if the dead could speak, they would say as much. Empty words of sorrow are meaningless. Stop defending nutcases and the right to possess military style weapons instead of saying how sorry you are after they murder so many innocent people.

  5. #244
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,641
    Amen (Given)
    11669
    Amen (Received)
    24898
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    People are fighting back.
    In El Paso, Texas, some protesters carried signs saying "racist, go home".
    Wow. That's absolutely BRILLIANT! I bet the moving trucks are backing up to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue as we speak!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  6. #245
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,641
    Amen (Given)
    11669
    Amen (Received)
    24898
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Focusing on the issue, the politics of gun laws,...
    That's EXACTLY what this is.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  7. #246
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,972
    Amen (Given)
    17
    Amen (Received)
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    As if the same folks wouldn't be out protesting his visit any other time about something else. Moreover they probably would have complained that he didn't come.
    You may have grossly underestimated the effect of Trump’s inflammatory tweets.
    I think this is a critical point for the US. My advice is to defeat Trump and the GOP decisively in the next election or fall into a profound tyranny from which there may be no escape. The ballot box might be so stuffed, next time, that it will leave you in a permanent one party state. He has proved his credentials.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  8. #247
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,347
    Amen (Given)
    5542
    Amen (Received)
    1766



    In the meantime, how do we do something about the root of the problem? Or is that a job for the Holy Spirit?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

  9. #248
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Land of the Large Atmosphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,479
    Amen (Given)
    1394
    Amen (Received)
    3915
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Focusing on the issue, the politics of gun laws, or lack thereof, and white nationalist killers, is focusing on the victims and possible future victims. I'm sure if the dead could speak, they would say as much. Empty words of sorrow are meaningless. Stop defending nutcases and the right to possess military style weapons instead of saying how sorry you are after they murder so many innocent people.
    #empathyisbad
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

  10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  11. #249
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    50,832
    Amen (Given)
    1080
    Amen (Received)
    18466
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    You may have grossly underestimated the effect of Trump’s inflammatory tweets.
    I think this is a critical point for the US. My advice is to defeat Trump and the GOP decisively in the next election or fall into a profound tyranny from which there may be no escape. The ballot box might be so stuffed, next time, that it will leave you in a permanent one party state. He has proved his credentials.
    Nothing personal but wrt whatever you advice, it would be the smart bet to do pretty much the opposite.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  12. #250
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,347
    Amen (Given)
    5542
    Amen (Received)
    1766
    Murderous scumbags will use anything to kill people. If you take their gun, they may use a knife, vehicle, poison, blunt weapons, etc.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •