Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting El Paso...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Care to wager whether I can provide a very long list of examples?
    My money's on you, brudder.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Do you actively try to be wrong or does it just come naturally?
      Yes
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• 00000000000000ab000-00aad.jpg

The worst is Warren, who the Dayton, Ohio shooter avidly supported for president and made that fact clear, as she ramps up her fundraising apparatus trying to exploit the shootings.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Speaking of inciteful speech

00000000000000ab000-00aaj.jpg

waiting for Chuck to start bleating about "whataboutism" in 3... 2... 1...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38975[/ATTACH]

The worst is Warren, who the Dayton, Ohio shooter avidly supported for president and made that fact clear, as she ramps up her fundraising apparatus trying to exploit the shootings.
            "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that [is] it's an opportunity to do things that you think you could not before".
            Rahm Emmanuel (who happens to be Mayor over the murder-riddled city of Chicago)

Comment

Speaking of inciteful speech

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38976[/ATTACH]

Perhaps he got some of that "Chicago Way" from Sean Connery's character in Untouchables?

Comment

• Is there anything we can do? And what does one do for self defense if one dislikes guns and knives?
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Is there anything we can do? And what does one do for self defense if one dislikes guns and knives?
                  Martial arts, pepper spray, and something I believe everyone should have that is more important a heart of flesh that is willing to forgive others. You should not feel affection for someone punching you in the face, but they are still a human being
                  sigpic

Comment

Speaking of inciteful speech

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38976[/ATTACH]

Cherry pick out of context much? Oh, it's rogue, of course you do, it's your forte.

Comment

First, simply declaring that the comparison I gave is different does not suffice. You need to show how they are different not dismiss it because you don't like it or can't rebut it (or likely both).
                      Second, as the shooter made clear, the motivating factor was his eco-fascism, namely a belief that we need to winnow the human population down.
                      Third, the fact is that the actions of many of those entering the country illegally are those of invaders. As I previously noted:
                      Yes you did, at length. It seems that you agree that Trump and the El Paso shooter were correct in their assessment of a violent Hispanic invasion being underway. The shooter merely acted upon this assessment. Isn't that what any patriotic citizen would do?
                      Last edited by Tassman; 08-12-2019, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                        Is there a feasible way to catch these people and help them before they snap and murder people? Find them and take away anuthing they could use to hurt others?
                        The sticky part is the "feasible."

Turley has opined that current SCOTUS understanding of the Second Amendment makes most kinds of "gun control," including some laws currently in existence but being challenged, unconstitutional, while "red flag" laws, if possible at all, must be crafted extremely carefully in order to pass "due process" considerations.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          The USA, under GOP leadership, may end up being the most powerful fascist country that the world has ever seen. Unlike the Third Reich, the USA will not be defeated by military conflict. White nationalism is on the march again, and it holds aloft, The Holy Bible, and it picks fights with the weakest, first.
                          Well it does say the last shall be first.

Yeah, yeah, not helping. Don't care. Don't take jackasses seriously.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                            A lot of places do not. It would be very out of place for a lot of places to have one (can you imagine armed guards are Starbucks, McDonalds, Gas Stations, and day-cares?).
                            I don't think I'd find it disconcerting.

Perhaps, but KG makes a good point above.

I keep imagining that post-apocalyptic future scenario where every student in a classroom is packing heat, where every mother has a gun tucked under a baby carriage. rogue recently brought up that episode of Star Trek A Piece of the Action, where everyone is packing heat, and an occasional drive-by doesn't really seem to bug people too much. I bet no one who wrote that episode would have ever guessed that some people would advocate for such a world 50 years later.

OTOH, "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank."

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Adrift;658667]I think they target churches and schools because that's where a lot of people are. I don't think it has much to do with whether or not the people there are armed. Heck, one of the worst mass shootings was on a military base (Ft. Hood).

Wasn't that actually a gun-free zone?

We haven't tried my idea yet, which is banning all guns except for police and military, but that's unlikely to happen in a nation so devoted to weapons.
                              Good. Because I don't trust the police and military enough to try that.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                                I loved it. And ironically it's what pushed me into joining the Air Force.
                                You were expecting to shower with hot chicks?

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment