Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting El Paso...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    You haven't argued with him lately, have you? He won't let go of that bone, no matter how irrational - so where you make reasonable points, even if I don't agree, he makes irrational attacks, first on Trump and then on anyone that even vaguely defends Trump. He brought the TDS thing on himself.
    I'd suggest that you look a little more closely at your own responses to me Teal in terms of trying to tease out who has a bone to pick with someone. You are on the warpath and have made yourself impossible to interact with in any rational way for over 3 weeks now. Not to mention the fact you are now trying to make sure others hold the same opinion you do.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      You said that the point being made was nothing more than TDS. Since he made the same point as I did, it stands to reason that you think the point is easily dismissable and undeserving of interaction. Who posted it has no bearing on the validity of the point.1
      No, Bill said TDS - I said Ox's response was self serving and convenient. Ox only wants to bash Trump - and he doesn't care how many friends he loses doing it. Anything that prevents Trump or his supporters from successfully defending him - things like actual evidence which the manifesto is - is to be discarded and hidden. You've given him a convenient excuse to do so.

I did argue the case itself with you - and I even agree in part. But with the thing already in the public eye, asking people to ignore evidence that Trump might not be the devil incarnate is patently unfair. And kinda pointless - close the barn if you like but that horse ain't coming back.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        No, Bill said TDS - I said Ox's response was self serving and convenient. Ox only wants to bash Trump - and he doesn't care how many friends he loses doing it. Anything that prevents Trump or his supporters from successfully defending him - things like actual evidence which the manifesto is - is to be discarded and hidden. You've given him a convenient excuse to do so.

I did argue the case itself with you - and I even agree in part. But with the thing already in the public eye, asking people to ignore evidence that Trump might not be the devil incarnate is patently unfair. And kinda pointless - close the barn if you like but that horse ain't coming back.
        I think we have to look at the context there; he was simply disagreeing with Sparko's point that the manifesto should be public in order to protect Trump. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

(I'm heading to work immediately after this.)
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I think we have to look at the context there; he was simply disagreeing with Sparko's point that the manifesto should be public in order to protect Trump. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

And I think you're missing the bigger context that he does this constantly - so much so that he's been called out on it multiple times and there are several of us that won't interact with him right now.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            His virulent, violent hatred of Hispanics marks him as a white supremacist.
            Correct. This is all we need to know.

The El Paso shooter’s Manifesto “primarily detailed his hatred for immigrants, saying the attack is a “response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas”. It is “A hate-filled document believed to have been written by the gunman and bears striking similarities to the words we hear from Trump”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...uage-manifesto

This indicates a white supremacist in the mold of Donald Trump. It was this that resulted in the slaughter in El Paso. If his primary concern was based in eco-fascism etc, as you laughingly suggest, he needn’t have driven 600 miles to find lots of Hispanics to slaughter.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

I don't think that's a charitable interpretation of the post. My original claim is that publicizing the manifesto makes future shootings more likely, and Sparko's point was that the manifesto was used to defend Trump against attacks. I think the argument that preventing more shootings outweighs having it available to defend Trump is a reasonable one.
              No, the manifesto was already out there and the MSM was already attacking Trump on false accusations that the manifesto showed was false.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                Correct. This is all we need to know.
                No it isn't. He was primarily "culling the herd" for environmental purposes, and secondarily isolating his victims by their race.

The El Paso shooter’s Manifesto “primarily detailed his hatred for immigrants, saying the attack is a “response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas”. It is “A hate-filled document believed to have been written by the gunman and bears striking similarities to the words we hear from Trump”.
                No it doesn't. That opinion is nothing more than editorialization being pandered as real news.

The "similarities are the terms "invasion", "open borders", and "fake news". 3 whole terms. That's damning... All 3 terms predate Trump's usage in the political landscape.

This indicates a white supremacist in the mold of Donald Trump.
                Because you, like most leftists, are idiots. Trump has NEVER called for the murder of innocent people.

It was this that resulted in the slaughter in El Paso.
                No. It was sociopathy. And had nothing to do with Trump.

If his primary concern was based in eco-fascism etc, as you laughingly suggest, he needn’t have driven 600 miles to find lots of Hispanics to slaughter.
                As diverse as Texas is, he didn't need to drive 600 miles to find a group of Hispanics, period.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  You see nothing of the sort.

Jim
                  Yes I do. You don't care that the shooter said Trump didn't influence him. All you care about is that the left is trying their hardest to link the two. Trump can be made to look bad. Truth be damned. You just don't care.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

All ox was doing in principle was agreeing with my original post. I thought I was making a reasonable point even if not everybody agrees. It's frustrating that you think it is dismissable by saying "TDS" as if no further interaction is needed.
                      I agree with you in principle. The manifesto, and the shooter's name, should never see the light of day. But it has, and it is being misused to prove the other side is to blame. No one is to blame except the shooter.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        No, the manifesto was already out there and the MSM was already attacking Trump on false accusations that the manifesto showed was false.
                        Oh and the msm was already using various parts of the manifesto to condemn Trump too. Just conveniently ignoring the parts that showed this guy was also very liberal in some of his views and specifically said he held his conservative views long before Trump.

So it wasn't a matter of trotting out the manifesto just to defend Trump as Ox said.

Comment

• 4 dead, 2 wounded in Southern California stabbings

https://apnews.com/5e44f7bd106f4fce8da21c2c11f334fc
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            4 dead, 2 wounded in Southern California stabbings

https://apnews.com/5e44f7bd106f4fce8da21c2c11f334fc
                            Obviously it is Trump's fault and we need to ban assault knives.

Comment

So instead the media should be allowed to flat out lie about the motivations of the shooter and what the manifesto contains?
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• We should focus on the victims. And those who lost their lives protecting their babies.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/08...her-shielding/

Jordan, 25, and Andre, 24, were among 20 victims killed in Saturday’s mass shooting at a Walmart and shopping center in El Paso, leaving their infant son without parents as they died protecting him, their family told The Post. Jordan’s death was confirmed Saturday. Family members confirmed Andre’s death to The Post late Sunday night, after waiting more than 24 hours to find out what happened to him.

Tito and other family members said they believe Andre died trying to shield his wife and son from the gunfire.

Jordan’s sister, Leta Jamrowski, told the Associated Press that based on the baby’s injuries, Jordan died shielding their baby.
                                There are children who will have to grow up without their parents. Real lives were taken. Real people with family and friends that mourn the loss caused by the evil act of an evil scumbag.
                                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment