Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting El Paso...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    As an aside, London, which has a murder rate higher than New York City's, has now enacted Knife Control (the weapon of choice) to try to stem the homicides.
    Yet another convenient but quite dishonest rogue distortion to support a bias.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-a...her-than-nycs/
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      No it isn't. He was primarily "culling the herd" for environmental purposes, and secondarily isolating his victims by their race.
      No. He was primarily murdering “invaders”. He said so: “I am simply defending my country from cultural and ethnic replacement brought on by an invasion,”

No it doesn't. That opinion is nothing more than editorialization being pandered as real news.
      Trump has repeatedly used the term “invasion” regarding the migrants coming from Central America to the United States to seek asylum. “The president first ramped up his use of the term with the arrival of the migrant caravan in November 2018”.

“The US is ill-prepared for this invasion and will not stand for it. They are causing crime and big problems in Mexico. Go home!” Trump tweeted on 18 November”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...uage-manifesto

Because you, like most leftists, are idiots. Trump has NEVER called for the murder of innocent people.
      Trump’s White Nationalist language nevertheless incites it. As we saw in El Paso.

No. It was sociopathy. And had nothing to do with Trump.
      It was “sociopathy” reinforced by Trump. The shooter said so in his Manifesto.

As diverse as Texas is, he didn't need to drive 600 miles to find a group of Hispanics, period.
      But he did drive 600 miles to find a group of Hispanics, because these were the invading Hispanics Trump endless referred to in Twitter and Rallies.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Trump responds to mass murder with massive anti-immigrant, anti-Latino raid, leaving the children to fend for themselves. This is Christian supported, full on fascism at work. It is time to take stock.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          Trump responds to mass murder with massive anti-immigrant, anti-Latino raid, leaving the children to fend for themselves. This is Christian supported, full on fascism at work. It is time to take stock.
          Fake News.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            No. He was primarily murdering “invaders”. He said so: “I am simply defending my country from cultural and ethnic replacement brought on by an invasion,”

Trump has repeatedly used the term “invasion” regarding the migrants coming from Central America to the United States to seek asylum. “The president first ramped up his use of the term with the arrival of the migrant caravan in November 2018”.

“The US is ill-prepared for this invasion and will not stand for it. They are causing crime and big problems in Mexico. Go home!” Trump tweeted on 18 November”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...uage-manifesto

Trump’s White Nationalist language nevertheless incites it. As we saw in El Paso.

It was “sociopathy” reinforced by Trump. The shooter said so in his Manifesto.

But he did drive 600 miles to find a group of Hispanics, because these were the invading Hispanics Trump endless referred to in Twitter and Rallies.
            As noted previously the El Paso shooter is a left wing[1] white supremacist (or at least racist since there is no indication that he hates anyone who isn't white). While he may have used one word that Trump has used (invasion), leftists don't exactly take their cue from Trump. According to his manifesto (which never mentions Trump) his influences are the New Zealand killer who is a self-described "eco-fascist" and Dr. Seuss's environmentalist fable The Lorax. It was his wacko left wing environmentalist beliefs (a need to eliminate what he sees as surplus people) that motivated him. It was his racism that caused him to select Hispanics.

And once again the TDS crowd is deliberately lying about what Trump said. He never said that Hispanic immigrants are invaders. He said that those trying to enter the country illegally are invaders. You guys repeatedly feel the need to conflate legal immigrants with illegal aliens in order to support your TDS.

And btw, what would you call folks who storm border crossings injuring several border agents and force the entry point to be closed by their actions (like what recently happened at the Pharr International Bridge in Texas)?

What do you call people who storm the border throwing rocks and bottles forcing the border agents to fend them off with tear gas and pepper spray (and this happened 126 times when the Obamessiah graced the White House with his presence)?

What do you call people who after forcing their way in celebrate by raising flags from the country they're from?

If it looks like an invader and acts like an invader it is almost certainly an invader.

1. Calling for "free" health care and a universal basic income, which he included in his manifesto, is hardly an earmark of a Trump supporter or a conservative. They are favorite positions of those on the far left -- just like his eco-fascism.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38928[/ATTACH]
              You really need to work on your subtlety
              Attached Files

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                Fake News.
                US immigration officials say they have temporarily released about 300 people who were arrested in a massive raid in Mississippi on Wednesday.
                Nearly 700 workers from seven agricultural processing plants were arrested for allegedly not having proper documentation to be in the US.
                - BBC

It’s not the news that’s fake.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  Yet another convenient but quite dishonest rogue distortion to support a bias.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-a...her-than-nycs/
                  While the murder rate has (likely) temporarily dipped back below that of NYC it will still hit a 10-year high if it continues at the current pace according to an analysis of police data by Reuters.

Comment

- BBC

It’s not the news that’s fake.
                    If the raids were scheduled a year ago then claiming that they're a response to the El Paso shootings is a deliberate lie.

Why is it that you feel a need to bolster your case with obvious falsehoods?

Comment

If the raids were scheduled a year ago then claiming that they're a response to the El Paso shootings is a deliberate lie.

Why is it that you feel a need to bolster your case with obvious falsehoods?
                      They could have called it off. They prefer to be deliberately cruel.

Comment

As an aside, London, which has a murder rate higher than New York City's, ...
                        No it doesn't.

There were two months in early 2018 when there were more murders in London than in NY. But for the rest of that year and for any other longer period, including every year in the last three decades, NY has had both more individual murders and a higher per population murder rate then London.

There's a detailed analysis here...

..which I see you've already been referred to and dismissed with this:
                        While the murder rate has (likely) temporarily dipped back below that of NYC it will still hit a 10-year high if it continues at the current pace according to an analysis of police data by Reuters.
                        It definitely dipped back below the NYC rate - or rather the NYC rate has returned to its normal higher level - there is no sign that this change is temporary, and even if the London rate is a ten-year high (but not an 11-year high, so that choice of period is blatant cherry-picking) it was still less than half the NYC rate.

"Why is it that you feel a need to bolster your case with obvious falsehoods?"
                        Last edited by Roy; 08-09-2019, 05:57 AM.
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38930[/ATTACH]
                          So you're now backing away from your false claim that they were done in response to El Paso?
                          Attached Files

Comment

So you're now backing away from your false claim that they were done in response to El Paso?
                            They responded to El Paso not with compassion but with cruelty, even pre-meditated and long lusted after cruelty. This is the black, fetid, soul of Christian fascism in plain sight.

Comment

• Is there a feasible way to catch these people and help them before they snap and murder people? Find them and take away anuthing they could use to hurt others?
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Former firefighter stops man armed with 100 rounds of ammunition at south Springfield Walmart

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. The Springfield Police Department says it responded to a call of an active shooter at the Walmart Neighborhood Market at Republic Rd., near Golden Ave., Thursday evening.

The Springfield Police Department arrived on scene within three minutes of the call. Police stated that a young white male, appearing to be in his twenties, pulled up to the Walmart, where he donned body armor and military fatigues. Police say the man had tactical weapons.

Police then say the man walked into the Walmart: Neighborhood Market where he grabbed a cart and began pushing it around the store. Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone.

The store manager at the Neighborhood Market pulled a fire alarm, urging people to escape the store.

Police say the man then made his way out an emergency exit where a former firefighter held the man at gunpoint. At that moment Springfield Police arrived on scene and detained the man.

The Springfield Police Department could not confirm the nature of statements said by the man to those inside of the Walmart, but they do confirm that the man had loaded weapons, and over one hundred rounds of ammunition.

Police also observed many shoppers hiding outside the Walmart and at nearby businesses.

Lieutenant Mike Lucas said it was clear the man's intent was to cause chaos, saying in part, "His intent was not to cause peace or comfort...He's lucky he's alive still, to be honest."

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Hea...528602951.html

Comment