Page 24 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting El Paso...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I don't think that's a charitable interpretation of the post. My original claim is that publicizing the manifesto makes future shootings more likely, and Sparko's point was that the manifesto was used to defend Trump against attacks. I think the argument that preventing more shootings outweighs having it available to defend Trump is a reasonable one.
    No, the manifesto was already out there and the MSM was already attacking Trump on false accusations that the manifesto showed was false.

2. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Correct. This is all we need to know.
    No it isn't. He was primarily "culling the herd" for environmental purposes, and secondarily isolating his victims by their race.

The El Paso shooter’s Manifesto “primarily detailed his hatred for immigrants, saying the attack is a “response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas”. It is “A hate-filled document believed to have been written by the gunman and bears striking similarities to the words we hear from Trump”.
    No it doesn't. That opinion is nothing more than editorialization being pandered as real news.

The "similarities are the terms "invasion", "open borders", and "fake news". 3 whole terms. That's damning... All 3 terms predate Trump's usage in the political landscape.

This indicates a white supremacist in the mold of Donald Trump.
    Because you, like most leftists, are idiots. Trump has NEVER called for the murder of innocent people.

It was this that resulted in the slaughter in El Paso.
    No. It was sociopathy. And had nothing to do with Trump.

If his primary concern was based in eco-fascism etc, as you laughingly suggest, he needn’t have driven 600 miles to find lots of Hispanics to slaughter.
    As diverse as Texas is, he didn't need to drive 600 miles to find a group of Hispanics, period.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You see nothing of the sort.

Jim
    Yes I do. You don't care that the shooter said Trump didn't influence him. All you care about is that the left is trying their hardest to link the two. Trump can be made to look bad. Truth be damned. You just don't care.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

5. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    All ox was doing in principle was agreeing with my original post. I thought I was making a reasonable point even if not everybody agrees. It's frustrating that you think it is dismissable by saying "TDS" as if no further interaction is needed.
    I agree with you in principle. The manifesto, and the shooter's name, should never see the light of day. But it has, and it is being misused to prove the other side is to blame. No one is to blame except the shooter.

8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    No, the manifesto was already out there and the MSM was already attacking Trump on false accusations that the manifesto showed was false.
    Oh and the msm was already using various parts of the manifesto to condemn Trump too. Just conveniently ignoring the parts that showed this guy was also very liberal in some of his views and specifically said he held his conservative views long before Trump.

So it wasn't a matter of trotting out the manifesto just to defend Trump as Ox said.

10. Amen Bill the Cat, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    4 dead, 2 wounded in Southern California stabbings

https://apnews.com/5e44f7bd106f4fce8da21c2c11f334fc
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    4 dead, 2 wounded in Southern California stabbings

https://apnews.com/5e44f7bd106f4fce8da21c2c11f334fc
    Obviously it is Trump's fault and we need to ban assault knives.

13. Amen seer, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think we have to look at the context there; he was simply disagreeing with Sparko's point that the manifesto should be public in order to protect Trump. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

(I'm heading to work immediately after this.)
    So instead the media should be allowed to flat out lie about the motivations of the shooter and what the manifesto contains?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

15. Amen Bill the Cat, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We should focus on the victims. And those who lost their lives protecting their babies.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/08...her-shielding/

Jordan, 25, and Andre, 24, were among 20 victims killed in Saturday’s mass shooting at a Walmart and shopping center in El Paso, leaving their infant son without parents as they died protecting him, their family told The Post. Jordan’s death was confirmed Saturday. Family members confirmed Andre’s death to The Post late Sunday night, after waiting more than 24 hours to find out what happened to him.

Tito and other family members said they believe Andre died trying to shield his wife and son from the gunfire.

Jordan’s sister, Leta Jamrowski, told the Associated Press that based on the baby’s injuries, Jordan died shielding their baby.
    There are children who will have to grow up without their parents. Real lives were taken. Real people with family and friends that mourn the loss caused by the evil act of an evil scumbag.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!