Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting El Paso...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    I think they target churches and schools because that's where a lot of people are. I don't think it has much to do with whether or not the people there are armed. Heck, one of the worst mass shootings was on a military base (Ft. Hood).

We haven't tried my idea yet, which is banning all guns except for police and military, but that's unlikely to happen in a nation so devoted to weapons.
    Because no politician or government official is that suicidal.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Because no politician or government official is that suicidal.
    Yes, I realize that.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So, if I really cared about the victims I would be using their deaths as a means to try to shame and blame you and the other liberals in a game of political war, like you are?

No, just the opposite, if you actually cared you'd be using their deaths and their families suffering to shame those of you who continue to defend against a strengthening of the gun laws.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    EGGzackly!

Just like - if you REALLY care about poor people, you'll arrange to keep them "on the plantation" with meager financial assistance with no real plan to help them get out of their situation. THAT, sir, is true commie compassion!
    No, the above is just your excuse for treating human beings like dogs.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, I realize that.
    Thing is, what they'll do is worse for conservatives. At least with an outright gun ban, they know what's coming and what they need to do. Instead, they'll ban guns with gradual gun control creep. Red Flag laws, for example, is the epitome of a trojan horse gun ban.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

6. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Is something bothering you? You're not usually this level of jackass.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    better to treat them like weapons to bludgeon your political opponents with huh?

You seem to be the type to hope for more mass shootings so you have more ammunition to use to get your way politically.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    better to treat them like weapons to bludgeon your political opponents with huh?

You seem to be the type to hope for more mass shootings so you have more ammunition to use to get your way politically.
    Prior to the TDS epidemic I'd scoff at such a statement as the ravings of paranoid conspiracy theories, but since that time we've had folks like Bill Maher admitting to hoping for economic collapse just because that would hurt Trump politically and then on Netflix's "The Break with Michelle Wolf" they asked the audience the question "Are You Sort Of Hoping We Don't Get Peace With North Korea So You Wouldn't Have To Give Trump Credit?" 71% said yes. These idiots would rather see a nuclear armed North Korea than Trump get any credit for disarmament.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

11. Amen Teallaura, Cerebrum123, Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Stop speaking in broken English, and The Washington Post is wrong. As a member of Security Forces, I was armed at all times while (in uniform) on the military base, and armories are typically not very far away.
    It may depend on the command policy. The Marines at our installation were not routinely armed. The times I could recall seeing them with weapons were after the Lebanon barracks bombing and 9/11. But there certainly were armories at both locations (Barstow Marine Base is split 11 miles apart between Barstow and Yermo)

Edited: oh and when highly classified projects were at the depot there certainly were Marines with sidearms on duty.
    Last edited by DesertBerean; 08-09-2019 at 01:13 PM.

13. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As I pointed out, Ramstein appears to be the second largest. So, I've got some experience on large bases.
    I'll bet you were never lost downrange on the tank live fire exercise!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.