Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting El Paso...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Too!
    you win
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      His manifesto was filled with left-wing ideologies, so why aren't you blaming Democrats?
      For the same reason that they looked the other way when the left-wing crackpot, Bernie Sanders campaign worker and MSNBC fanboi, James Hodgkinson deliberately targeted Republican Congressmen as they practiced for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity in his shooting spree. I mean it didn't even get the usual knee-jerk call for more gun control that these sort of things otherwise elicit.

There was just no way that it could be twisted into something they can blame Trump for. And that is all that matters for this crowd.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Even liberal hack Donna Brazille doesn't think Trump bears any of the blame.

"President Trump had nothing to do with the maniac, and I’m being gracious here, the maniac who shot up a Wal-Mart store. He had nothing to do with the person who shot up, you know, the bar in Dayton. This is unbecoming of the country. The President of the United States, you know, should not be blamed for, you know, these individual killers."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ton-shootings/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Even liberal hack Donna Brazille doesn't think Trump bears any of the blame.

"President Trump had nothing to do with the maniac, and I’m being gracious here, the maniac who shot up a Wal-Mart store. He had nothing to do with the person who shot up, you know, the bar in Dayton. This is unbecoming of the country. The President of the United States, you know, should not be blamed for, you know, these individual killers."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ton-shootings/
          I've seen her as guest on a number of talk shows, and as much as I hate to admit it -- she often sounds downright reasonable.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            you win

You, too!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

His manifesto was filled with left-wing ideologies, so why aren't you blaming Democrats?
              You didn't even read his so called manifesto, did you MM? He promoted white nationalism, the far right conspiracy theory "The Great Replacement. Definitely not left wing ideology. He feared that Hispanics would take hold of his beloved Texas giving Democrats a stronghold and that through intermarriage would cause the loss of purity of the white race. He criticized gun control laws saying that at least with republicans in power we'll have our guns and can repel the onslaught of immigrants. Definitely not left wing ideology, MM.
              So, this right wing nutcase mimicked Trump, his fellow racists own words "there's an invasion" prior to his psychopathic murderous attack, and that's why we partially blame the narcissist Trump himself for motivating with his rhetoric, giving a wink and a nod, to these racist, psychopathic, morons.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                You didn't even read his so called manifesto, did you MM? He promoted white nationalism, the far right conspiracy theory "The Great Replacement. Definitely not left wing ideology. He feared that Hispanics would take hold of his beloved Texas giving Democrats a stronghold and that through intermarriage would cause the loss of purity of the white race. He criticized gun control laws saying that at least with republicans in power we'll have our guns and can repel the onslaught of immigrants. Definitely not left wing ideology, MM.
                So, this right wing nutcase mimicked Trump, his fellow racists own words "there's an invasion" prior to his psychopathic murderous attack, and that's why we partially blame the narcissist Trump himself for motivating with his rhetoric, giving a wink and a nod, to these racist, psychopathic, morons.
                Did you read it?
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Did you read it?
                  Really doesn't sound like it. I'm guessing he got the talking points.

Comment

How about blaming the guy who actually pulled the trigger?
                    How about blaming the guy who constantly reinforced an already racist atmosphere with gratuitous nonsense about “Hispanic invasion” for political gain?

“THE WHITE SUPREMACIST who killed at least 22 people in El Paso, Texas, on Saturday appears to have been driven by a racist conspiracy theory — that the United States is under “invasion” by migrants and asylum-seekers from Central America — which has been repeated again and again on Fox News broadcasts and amplified by that network’s most powerful viewer, President Donald Trump”.

https://theintercept.com/2019/08/05/...rump-fox-news/
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      How about blaming the guy...
                      So when the shooter stands trial, and his lawyer offers as his defense "Donald Trump made him do it", he'd be laughed out of the court room.

That's how silly your blame game is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        So when the shooter stands trial, and his lawyer offers as his defense "Donald Trump made him do it", he'd be laughed out of the court room.
                        He would, but that’s not the argument. Try again.

“He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Did you read it?
                          Just like with the Mueller Report he'll constantly claim that others didn't read it (even though several of us did) while never bothering to even look at it and instead rely on what what left-wing sources tell him about it. He has to pretend that there is no such thing as liberal racists so he can continue to ignore all of the things the shooter supported and still pretend he is conservative.

And note that much like the MSM he'll studiously ignore the Dayton, Ohio shooter and the incontrovertible fact that that he was unquestionably a liberal loon much like the shooter at the practice session for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity two years ago who deliberately targeted Republicans.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            How about blaming the guy who constantly reinforced an already racist atmosphere with gratuitous nonsense about “Hispanic invasion” for political gain?

“THE WHITE SUPREMACIST who killed at least 22 people in El Paso, Texas, on Saturday appears to have been driven by a racist conspiracy theory — that the United States is under “invasion” by migrants and asylum-seekers from Central America — which has been repeated again and again on Fox News broadcasts and amplified by that network’s most powerful viewer, President Donald Trump”.

Again your constantly parroting the fact that both Trump and the shooter used the word "invasion" is no different than the guy who kept insisting that Darwin influenced Hitler because both used the word "struggle" in the title of their books.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Again your constantly parroting the fact that both Trump and the shooter used the word "invasion" is no different than the guy who kept insisting that Darwin influenced Hitler because both used the word "struggle" in the title of their books.
                              USA Today puts things into perpective in the analysis: Trump used words like 'invasion' and 'killer' to discuss immigrants at rallies 500 times: USA TODAY analysis

The exclusive USA TODAY analysis showed that together, Trump has used the words "predator," "invasion," "alien," "killer," "criminal" and "animal" at his rallies while discussing immigration more than 500 times. More than half of those utterances came in the two months prior to the 2018 midterm election, underscoring that Trump views immigration as a central issue for his core supporters.
                              Those who study political rhetoric question Trump’s insistence that his rhetoric is not aimed at stirring up divisions. The word invasion, some analysts have said, conjures up the image of an incursion by a foreign enemy force.

“Trump does nothing by accident,” said Ruth Ben-Ghiat, a history professor at New York University who has studied propaganda.

“The use of repetition – a propaganda mainstay – points to an intention by Trump to impose a way of thinking about his designated targets,” she said.
                              And let's allow Trump to have his say:

“I think my rhetoric ... brings people together,”
                              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                I've already dealt with the use of invasion so as for "killer"... this is simply a fact. There are many stories concerning illegal aliens who end up killing someone. For instance, Miguel Ramirez Valiente, who CNN gave positive coverage in January, as he was hiding out from ICE in All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Earlier this month Valiente (who has a criminal record involving violence) killed a father of five while driving drunk.

So yes some of them ARE killers just as Trump stated.
                                Last edited by rogue06; 08-11-2019, 04:00 AM.

Comment