Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting El Paso...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    they wont they will say like JimL the Context doesnt' matter.
    You should start a new thread with this video.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Looks like Trump feels the urge to indulge in a little victim blaming.
    Man, you really are desperate to find stuff to hate Trump for - in no normal world does that quote blame anyone.

3. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It looks and sounds like Trump is going to give into the pressure of new gun legislation. Being how narcissistic and wishy-washy he is, I had a sneaky suspicion that was coming.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

5. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    There is nothing wrong in what he says in the following lines. It as actually a good statement:

The way he usually expresses himself seem to suggest he does not believe in these words himself and one wonders what goes through the mind of the so called moral authority Mike Pence when he hears Trump say these words.
    Yeah, he gets a speech writer to make it better, says it himself, so of course, you assume he doesn't mean it.

Dude, you're a real jerk.

7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    You should start a new thread with this video.
    I give you permission to if you want.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    Oh like the Charlottesville lie the MSM spouted in 2017? that Trump was supporting the White supremacists.

oh and btw the guy in the video showing you what the lie is. He's Steve Cortes a CNN analyst, He at least knows context matters and shows it here.
    From another comment in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Am I missing something? The guy in the video, Steve Cortez, is not a CNN guy. He's a political commentator who was invited onto CNN. He apparently also does political commentating on CNBC, and Fox News. And they say right there in the intro that he's, "a member of the Trump 2020 reelection committee."

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Yeah, he gets a speech writer to make it better, says it himself, so of course, you assume he doesn't mean it.

Dude, you're a real jerk.
    There is no problem in someone else writing the speech. And the lines quoted were good. The problem is I have to assume he does not mean it because what he ususally says or tweets suggests so.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    There is no problem in someone else writing the speech. And the lines quoted were good. The problem is I have to assume he does not mean it because what he ususally says or tweets suggests so.
    We should always take someone's statements in the way a hostile person would interpret them over and above a plain statement to the contrary, amirite?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

12. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger, Cow Poke, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    <A/H>
    Nothing substantive requiring a response.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

14. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    From another comment in another thread:
    Except he was completely accurate about what Trump said, I went back and watch the press conference.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

16. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.