Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting - Dayton Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    I knew a lot of anarcho gutter punks back in the day who would be (and probably are) antifa. It's a lot more tame than cells or chapters. It's just a bunch of friends who decide to go to a protest. There's not really any organization to it. Back in the early 90s I was invited to protest a number of KKK rallies, but I always declined because my thinking was that bringing attention to it, even in the form of protest, worked for the KKK regardless. Like trolls, they thrive on attention.
    Which social media pours on lavishly.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Democrats are demanding that Trump stay away from Ohio and Texas claiming that he'll just do more harm than good. What's really going to happen is that Trump is going to show up and give an inspiring, uniting speech in the best presidential tradition, and his critics are going to look like idiots. Again.
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-07-2019, 10:11 AM.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Democrats are demanding that Trump say away from Ohio and Texas claiming that he'll just do more harm than good. What's really going to happen is that Trump is going to show up and give an inspiring, uniting speech in the best presidential tradition, and his critics are going to look like idiots. Again.
        The idiot Democrats are being divisive making this a "hate Trump" opportunity. I hope it comes back to bite them.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          I knew a lot of anarcho gutter punks back in the day who would be (and probably are) antifa. It's a lot more tame than cells or chapters. It's just a bunch of friends who decide to go to a protest. There's not really any organization to it. Back in the early 90s I was invited to protest a number of KKK rallies, but I always declined because my thinking was that bringing attention to it, even in the form of protest, worked for the KKK regardless. Like trolls, they thrive on attention.
          Different cities seem to have their own Antifa organizations. Here is a facebook group from the Berkeley Antifa:
          https://www.facebook.com/berkeleyantifa/

Comment

Democrats are demanding that Trump say away from Ohio and Texas claiming that he'll just do more harm than good. What's really going to happen is that Trump is going to show up and give an inspiring, uniting speech in the best presidential tradition, and his critics are going to look like idiots. Again.
            I wouldn't be surprised if he gave an inspiring speech. After all, it will be written by someone else. The problem will not be the speech. The problem will be that in case it is a good speech it will make people wonder why he only has these points and talks in this way when something tragic has happened and then goes on with his hateful statements that a lot of people see as racist.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
              Stay in the car, Chuck.

Comment

Stay in the car, Chuck.
                It seems you were very inpsired by the unitinging speeches. (feel free to adress my points if you can).
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                  It seems you were very inpsired by the unitinging speeches. (feel free to adress my points if you can).
                  Your point: "Trump delivers a great speech! But it doesn't fit the liberal narrative! So we're not going to give Trump credit for giving a great speech!"

Comment

Your point: "Trump delivers a great speech! But it doesn't fit the liberal narrative! So we're not going to give Trump credit for giving a great speech!"

Wrong. Read again: "The problem will be that in case it is a good speech it will make people wonder why he only has these points and talks in this way when something tragic has happened and then goes on with his hateful statements that a lot of people see as racist."

True reading it and try to confront what I actually said if you can.

Comment

• Having acknowledged that this shooter was probably antifa, I will also say I don't think it's relevant to consider this an antifa shooting or one inspired by liberal politics because the evidence suggests it was motivated by a personal grudge. Let's not be like those people who go on the comments sections of local news sites and whenever somebody is arrested, post "I BET THIS GUY WAS A (insert scapegoat political party here)."
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        I wouldn't be surprised if he gave an inspiring speech. After all, it will be written by someone else. The problem will not be the speech. The problem will be that in case it is a good speech it will make people wonder why he only has these points and talks in this way when something tragic has happened and then goes on with his hateful statements that a lot of people see as racist.
                        Ya know, when you're the only one hearing the dog whistle, you might wanna check yourself for a collar...

Just sayin'...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          Having acknowledged that this shooter was probably antifa, I will also say I don't think it's relevant to consider this an antifa shooting or one inspired by liberal politics because the evidence suggests it was motivated by a personal grudge. Let's not be like those people who go on the comments sections of local news sites and whenever somebody is arrested, post "I BET THIS GUY WAS A (insert scapegoat political party here)."
                          Yeah, but that doesn't stop the Left anytime there's any tragedy, does it?
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• The hilarious, if it wasn't so sad, thing is now that Trump mentioned "mental illness" as a cause for these shootings instead of guns, the liberal media is now defending mental illness and claiming it ISN'T a reason for these shootings.

They are literally against anything Trump is for or says. Like the Sanctuary cities. When he said he was going to send illegals to the sanctuary cities they set up TO KEEP ILLEGALS SAFE, they all balked.

Trump needs to come out against the second amendment so the liberals will defend it.

Are video games or mental illness causing America’s mass shootings? No, research shows

“Mental illness and hatred pull the trigger. Not the gun,” said President Trump on Monday, after two mass shootings in less than 24 hours.

So is mental illness to blame for America’s mass shootings? Not according to research.
                            https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...?noredirect=on

Comment

• What was that quote about looking for the helpers again? We should focus on the victims and emergency service workers.

Oh here we go!

Last edited by Christianbookworm; 08-08-2019, 01:03 PM.
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                no

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment